Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THANK YOU  (Read 6274 times)
Elwiss

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:03:27 »

A sincere thank you to the Swindon supporters who removed the barriers and bollards to allow the urgent access of an ambulance to Wembley on Sunday. You could see it was at the West side of the ground and in response to a Preston supporter who had fallen and sustained a serious injury. Irrespective of any emotions as you left the ground you responded in number and deserve immense praise. The guy is doing okay but was in intensive care and required an urgent operation. A credit to your club and the football community - well done.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:03:40 »

Blimey, was this the guy who fell off the coach? Saw him when he was in the medical centre if so. Won't say much more but either way speedy recovery chap. Its a story to tell when you get better!
BigBallSack

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:05:47 »

Seconded.

They're a very decent bunch. Met some really sound lads.

It's a shame you've had to put up with those fucking childish weirdo's from the Red side of Bristol, rubbing it in at every opportunity, all over the internet. Classless Muppets.  :gay:

Good luck next season lads.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:08:22 »

Not one Preston fan after the game walking back to the tube or on the tube was rubbing it in, fair play you showed class unlike our red neighbours down the M4.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:09:19 »

Wow, I didn't know anything like this happened. Please pass on good wishes from all at the Town End Forum (even if some of them may say some horrible shit).

We only had one bad experience with a PNE fan on Sunday, so out of 22k... that's pretty good. All the best in the Championship.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:10:08 »

Thanks

It's a shame you've had to put up with those fucking childish weirdo's from the Red side of Bristol, rubbing it in at every opportunity, all over the internet. Classless Muppets.

See for me I'd expect that off a local rival. Nothing we wouldn't do to them/do do in reverse to the yellow filth.

I'll take solace in the fact they genuinely believe they are big enough to deserve a premier league spot and that spending £10m a year more than they earn is far less of a cheats way forward. One day Lansdown won't be around..
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:42:32 »

We only had one bad experience with a PNE fan on Sunday, so out of 22k... that's pretty good. All the best in the Championship.

Same here; one pissed old bloke at the pub in Paddington started singing, "easy, easy.." but the group he was with looked more likely to lamp him than us!

All the others we met were good lads.

Good luck in the Championship.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:45:52 »

Same here; one pissed old bloke at the pub in Paddington started singing, "easy, easy.." but the group he was with looked more likely to lamp him than us!

All the others we met were good lads.

Good luck in the Championship.

The guy I encountered was a part of a group singing the Bristol City Flinty song. One of them insisted on turning around and shouting it and swearing directly at a family with two young boys. They were right in their faces at one point. Stupid.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:50:17 »

Preston did seem an ok lot, the only knobheads I encountered were of our own variety

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:51:53 »

Preston did seem an ok lot, the only knobheads I encountered were of our own variety

Likewise.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 16:55:42 »

I sat near half-way and there were a few Preston idiots gesticulating in our direction after the third went in and inviting us over for what I guess was a friendly chat. They didn't seem to bother coming back for the second half though Shrug
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 17:00:05 »

every club had nobs. the majority of Preston fans remember a lot of their 9 previous failures and know how it feels..
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 17:11:05 »

Wow hope the guy gets well soon - nice to here about our fans not being knobs for a change!
We were in a mixed car park and some nice Preston fans came over to tell my husband they liked his car and had a little chat.

Like Batch says I'm sure they have sympathy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 17:14:41 »

A sincere thank you to the Swindon supporters who removed the barriers and bollards to allow the urgent access of an ambulance to Wembley on Sunday. You could see it was at the West side of the ground and in response to a Preston supporter who had fallen and sustained a serious injury. Irrespective of any emotions as you left the ground you responded in number and deserve immense praise. The guy is doing okay but was in intensive care and required an urgent operation. A credit to your club and the football community - well done.

Good to hear and thanks for coming and sharing with us.

Glad to hear that in the main both sets of fans mixed well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 17:16:54 »

We had to walk through loads of them going into the ground and a lot were giving the flint song which seemed a bit sad to be honest.
Anyway best wishes to the person involved.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: