Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's staying next season?  (Read 26801 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:48:54 »

Don't think Ricketts will be back, and wouldn't be surprised if Smith moves on as well.

Whatever the outcome it's another major rebuild. Casn only hope that it works out as well as it did this season.
Didn't believe the stories about Cooper leaving, but just been told that expect Ricketts to be a player/coach/assistant manager under a new regime next season!!  If that rumour is true will be a total overhaul in the next few weeks!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:50:08 »

Didn't believe the stories about Cooper leaving, but just been told that expect Ricketts to be a player/coach/assistant manager under a new regime next season!!  If that rumour is true will be a total overhaul in the next few weeks!

I find this part of pre-season quite exciting, if truth be known.

Baby #1 will be here for the pre-season lull. That my friends, is planning.

Smiley
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:52:21 »

I fancy a nice tasty 4-2-3-1 next season. Byrne on the right of the 3 without any defensive duties, imagine that!

The other 10 still to be decided!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:58:57 »

Didn't believe the stories about Cooper leaving, but just been told that expect Ricketts to be a player/coach/assistant manager under a new regime next season!!  If that rumour is true will be a total overhaul in the next few weeks!

The thought of ricketts playing and coaching our defence fills me with dread. Why not get Shaun close to coach our strikers. He has been total wank.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:06:04 »

ASD suggesting Luongo and Gladwin may go this week. In fairness, if we're going to lose a lot of players I'd rather we get it done quickly.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:18:10 »

Binned my season ticket off in 2011 - been to three games since. No regrets.
Stayed at home yesterday, right decision.

League One is shit and boring and I hate the fact that football is now (from top to bottom) about playing good football, keeping possession and being entertaining. It's not a soap opera, it's a sport - it's about winning.

I've said it many times before and will say it again. I would take 46 of the dullest, shittest, most boring, ugly, hoofball games you have ever seen in your life if we won them all 1-0.

Right for you.
Missed 6 games last season both home and away. 160 mile round trip to home games.
Have an 11 year old Son who has over 30 grounds visited and a 7 year old going on 20 grounds.
Boring ? Yes sometimes and why do We do it ?
Have to question that often. It's in my blood, feel proud almost to the point of feel the adrenalin pumping around my body. Perhaps its the DNA and maybe in the 70's I should have followed in my Pompey routes but I didn't I chose Swindon and do you know what, I have loved every minute.
Don't give a shit what you do quite frankly, as you feel kind of proud that you don't follow STFC and you are bored of the football. If all lower league fans took your stance then quite frankly it would be Championship and above that matters.
Season tickets at the ready, pissed off feelings melting away. Enjoy posting shite on a message board football forum. Don't honestly know why you bother but everyone entitled to an opinion and of course you are free to do what you want.
But why bother when clearly you don't care or maybe I am wrong and my passion gets the better of me, not the first time may I add. Shit not looking forward to Fleetwood again and wish it was Hull but as a Supporter most of it is out of your hands.
Why do you bother an honest open question ?
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:20:52 »

Telegraph and Daily Mail both reporting that Sherwood/Villa have already bid £3.5m for both Luongo and Gladwin as a package.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3096284/Aston-Villa-make-3-5m-bid-Swindon-duo-Massimo-Luongo-Ben-Gladwin.html

So that would be a valuation of £100k for Luongo and £3.4 million for Gladwin, based on last few games.  I'm sure Sherwood would be more than happy to shaft Spurs over their 50% sell-on fee.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:23:06 »

Right for you.
Missed 6 games last season both home and away. 160 mile round trip to home games.
Have an 11 year old Son who has over 30 grounds visited and a 7 year old going on 20 grounds.
Boring ? Yes sometimes and why do We do it ?
Have to question that often. It's in my blood, feel proud almost to the point of feel the adrenalin pumping around my body. Perhaps its the DNA and maybe in the 70's I should have followed in my Pompey routes but I didn't I chose Swindon and do you know what, I have loved every minute.
Don't give a shit what you do quite frankly, as you feel kind of proud that you don't follow STFC and you are bored of the football. If all lower league fans took your stance then quite frankly it would be Championship and above that matters.
Season tickets at the ready, pissed off feelings melting away. Enjoy posting shite on a message board football forum. Don't honestly know why you bother but everyone entitled to an opinion and of course you are free to do what you want.
But why bother when clearly you don't care or maybe I am wrong and my passion gets the better of me, not the first time may I add. Shit not looking forward to Fleetwood again and wish it was Hull but as a Supporter most of it is out of your hands.
Why do you bother an honest open question ?

bang on. support my club till the bitter end.. this is what following swindon is all about; one day our day will come I'm sure of it, and when it does those of us who stuck it out will enjoy  it so much more than those who've turned their backs. it will all pay off, one day.
Stevens

« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:23:19 »

Do people really think Gladwin is good enough for the PL ??  I'm like him, he has done well and had a few superb games but premier league quality ??

Tim Sherwood rates Gladwin very highly.

Cooper to Sheffield Utd maybe, he has quoted them a big club so many times.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:25:05 »

Because they are a big club?
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:25:52 »

And he is also a Yorkshire lad (and 'nowt wrong with that)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:30:52 »

Seems off that Sheff U waited until now to sack Clough when they could have done it 2 weeks ago. Cooper on their radar maybe?

Going to be a long summer. I just hope we use some of the money to invest in some decent replacements.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:37:52 »

Fair enough.  I think we all are.  But as Reg often points out, we've been a Division 3 club for pretty much all of our history.  Forays in to the divisions below and above have always been fairly short-lived.

At least be grateful that you live in Swindon.  My two little lads are both in the infants at a school 60 miles away where the wearing of a Chelsea strip seem to be pretty much obligatory.  They're flying the Swindon flag at football practice, but it's a weekly battle to deflect Chelsea/Spurs chatter.  Winning so far, anyway.

I was probably spoilt in my teenage years of supporting the Town.  It seemed like we were in League 2 for years (which I know wasn't really the case).

And you'd be surprised.  It's no different here.  My son and generally a couple of others are the only ones who wear Swindon kits.  The rest tend to be split between Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal!
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:41:39 »

Costanza - love your grav!! Where did you come across it?

I remember coming up with the idea all those years ago after the demotion, calling Greavsie and asking if he would wear a T-shirt in support of us on the Saint & Greavsie show. When he said 'yes' I got it printed and biked round to ITV. The man's a legend.

Not sure it did any good though. And not sure I was 'innocent' (lost that many decades ago).
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 20:43:49 »

I would think that he's just trolling but, then, it is DV.......

I find it amazing how he still follows the forum on all things stfc whilst pointing out he can't stand the shit of league 1 and the lack of entertainment. Not posting and waiting for us to get to the championship sounds a better option for all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: