Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's staying next season?  (Read 26800 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:08:44 »

Do people really think Gladwin is good enough for the PL ??  I'm like him, he has done well and had a few superb games but premier league quality ??
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:10:44 »

Do people really think Gladwin is good enough for the PL ??  I'm like him, he has done well and had a few superb games but premier league quality ??
Don't think so, too lazy and struggles with fitness - cannot run or jump but has a lot of skill.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:16:49 »

no,would struggle in the championship at the moment i reckon.Another season of improvement then maybe yes

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:19:53 »

Judging by many of the responses to the season's end, the question should apply to fans as well as players....I'm staying...not so sure about DV, mind.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:24:18 »

im going to 2 league games next season,gillingham and millwall.One less than this season

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:28:44 »

Judging by many of the responses to the season's end, the question should apply to fans as well as players....I'm staying...not so sure about DV, mind.

I did think that as well Reg. I'll be there, with at least one child and maybe I'll get my wife's partner to come along too  Grin
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #36 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:31:54 »

I'm in for another season but given a much lower away support I think we will struggle to average 7k and that is if we do well. Can see a few games going low 5k. A lot of fans have given up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:39:53 »

me + 2 kids. on a fairly big low about the whole thing right now. guess that's not unexpected in yesterday's immediate aftermath.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:42:08 »

I'm hoping to get to more games in 2015-16.

The lack of interest in 2014-15 has been sadly noticeable. When you see a full-house against Sheffield United, you know that fans are out there waiting of something to happen (as long as it's not at Wembley Stadium).

Is it the prices? Is it League One? Is it the lack of a 'celebrity' manager? Is it all of those plus more?

I hope the club are seriously looking at this issue... if they can.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:43:05 »

Nathan T, Smith, Obika and possibly Ricketts will be with us next season.

Don't think Ricketts will be back, and wouldn't be surprised if Smith moves on as well.

Whatever the outcome it's another major rebuild. Casn only hope that it works out as well as it did this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:47:33 »

we all have our own theories on why.

For me it's the lack of buzz around the place. we are doing the right thing under the circumstances, but a message of sustainability is a massively hard thing to sell, especially against the previous regime of a bankrolled di canio nutsfest.

Match day prices are going to obviously have an effect too.

Have to say I'm sick of league 1/2.  don't give a rats arse about pretty football or possession stats either. but have to accept it is what it is.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:52:52 »

di canio nutsfest.

Best three word summary of his reign
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 18:58:09 »

I'll be at even fewer games next season due to moving (again) and being a bit bored of this fucking league. I was too young/disinterested in football when we were last in the second tier and it's difficult to feel any excitement for 2015/16 especially with the horror of 2010/11 in the back of my mind.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:15:36 »

I'm going to make more games next season, I'm sure of it.  My six year old was gutted that we missed out, and sensed that 4-0 was a bit of a drubbing.  But he's demanded that we try out the DRS early next season.  That will spur me on if nothing else.

The close season will be one of the more interesting ones for years.  We have players, at last, that are worth something.  Some will move on, and there will be money to spend.  Could be exciting.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:18:32 »

I'll be there with my dad and oldest son, as we renewed our season tickets.

As others have said though, I'm sick of League 1.  There's even less games next season to get excited about and the chances of getting to an away game are slim due to them being so far away.  No doubt Coventry will be a Tuesday night or something!

If my son starts to lose interest throughout the season and it's looking likely we'll still be in League 1 or worse the following year, I will probably take a break in all honesty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: