Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's staying next season?  (Read 26723 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 11:17:26 »

My feeling at this moment in time is...

Agombar, Antonio, Barker, Barthram, C. Belford, Foderingham, Jones, Ward, Waldon, Williams will all leave on free transfers.

Luongo will leave for less money than we expect.
Gladwin might make Town a bit of money.

No loan players will return

Rodgers might get an extra year.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 11:38:32 »

They have a possible and probable list of who is going, likely to go & likely to stay. For div1 & Championship eventualities. Well we now know where we'll be next season. So one or more sheets of paper can be shredded.

Retained list had to be given in last weekend to the FL.
Players knew just not been made public yet
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 11:42:43 »

I prefer 4 at the back.  How's your old man after yesterday Joe?

Not too bad. Still hasn't sunk in I don't think
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:06:07 »

Of the 14 that played yesterday, I would be surprised if there are more than 2 (maybe 3) that are still with us next season
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:14:24 »

Of the 14 that played yesterday, I would be surprised if there are more than 2 (maybe 3) that are still with us next season
Nathan T, Smith, Obika and possibly Ricketts will be with us next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:23:01 »

Nathan T, Smith, Obika and possibly Ricketts will be with us next season.
Rickets has been total shit. People slag off branco but rickets has been at fault for as many goals as branco has having played a lot less. If we sign an experienced defender I hope it isn't him.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:26:04 »

For whatever reason, it hasn't worked out for Ricketts here so far. Maybe it's because he's a Town fan, or the fact that he didn't play a competitive fixture from November - March, or he doesn't fit the way we play, I don't know. But I wouldn't be thrilled if it were announced a permanent deal has been done.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:39:02 »

Reports of a £3.5m joint bid for Luongo and Gladwin from Villa. How exactly would that work as regards a sell-on fee for Spurs? Can we just pretend they paid a fiver for Luongo and the rest for Gladwin? Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:40:47 »

For whatever reason, it hasn't worked out for Ricketts here so far. Maybe it's because he's a Town fan, or the fact that he didn't play a competitive fixture from November - March, or he doesn't fit the way we play, I don't know. But I wouldn't be thrilled if it were announced a permanent deal has been done.

I suppose the question is, is he worth a punt ala Darren Ward - who I recall was woeful when he first arrived.... I think the problem is that with the system we play we need a solid experienced ball playing centre half which is a rather rare commodity!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:41:32 »

Reports of a £3.5m joint bid for Luongo and Gladwin from Villa. How exactly would that work as regards a sell-on fee for Spurs? Can we just pretend they paid a fiver for Luongo and the rest for Gladwin? Cheesy

Nah - £3.5m for Gladwin and Luongo left on a free!
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:51:15 »

Way too early to tell and might be far fetched. But wasn't one of the main reasons for our 5 in midfield that we had a glut of extremely talented centre mids that are hard to leave out? IF Luongo and Gladwin do head off to Villa and don't come back on loan along with Thompson going to Norwich, maybe we won't be as inclined to go with the 5 in midfield? As I said, might be a looking a tad too far into it and that is only really applicable if we go with 2 up front again but an interesting thought.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:53:35 by CalRed45 » Logged
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:51:16 »

I suppose the question is, is he worth a punt ala Darren Ward - who I recall was woeful when he first arrived.... I think the problem is that with the system we play we need a solid experienced ball playing centre half which is a rather rare commodity!

Plenty to be found on the continent with many players in Holland and Germany very used to playing three at the back. Sadly, I dont think our scouting system stretches that far anymore.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 14:00:49 »

Plenty to be found on the continent with many players in Holland and Germany very used to playing three at the back. Sadly, I dont think our scouting system stretches that far anymore.

Wonder if Power has any contact in the Swiss league?
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 17:36:47 »

Gladwin a beard for the Luongo fee then loaned back immediately for next season I reckon.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 17:39:26 »

Gladwin a beard for the Luongo fee then loaned back immediately for next season I reckon.

Yes I said this a few weeks ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: