Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's staying next season?  (Read 26744 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:08:24 »

Obviously Wes and Williams will go. Luongo will be sold (if there's enough interest in him after yesterday's display). Then the loans will be sent back, can't see any of them staying to be honest. Then looking at out of contract players such as: Bartram, Rodgers, Agombar also going. Then trying to hold off interest for Byrne/Smith/Kasim/Gladwin which we will probably lose at least 1 of them.

Would love to see Norwich go up purely so there might be a chance in getting LT back.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:24:16 »

Out of all those, I would like to see LT back most!

I can't see us cashing in on Kasim, Byrne and Gladwin all at the same time. I can see 2 wanting to go though.

I'm looking forward to seeing much of the team that ONLY lost 3-0 at Preston breaking into the team. Hopefully they are good enough.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:53:48 »

Could see Rodgers staying as a bench warmer, I wonder if Toff could be back if Norwich go up today.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:56:51 »

Out of all those, I would like to see LT back most!
Louis looked our best player when he came on, cracking little player would love him back any day.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:01:50 »

kasim and byrne will attract most interest,dont think championship teams will fancy gladwin yet

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:05:05 »

I'd say kassim, Luongo and possibly Gladwin will be gone for £££. Willo would have to take a massive pay cut, so there goes 20 goals - not that he was played much in our limp end to the season.

Byrne I'm not sure about, he's been one of our better/more lively players, but I can't see his quality being championship level . That said there are probably a fair few league 1/2 teams that could pay him more.

As good as Stephens and Turnbull have been on the ball, they must surely be suspect enough in the championship given our defensive frailties. I know they won't be back, it'll be interesting to see how they fair in a more sane 4-4-2.

I don't have much confidence in T Belford based on what I've seen. Will he be the new #1? Its a bit difficult for him mind, comparing him to Wes isn't really fair. Wes has largely been outstanding for us.
---

Biggest worry is how the hell to find replacements. We surely can't keep getting lucky in the loan market.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:15:01 »

kasim and byrne will attract most interest,dont think championship teams will fancy gladwin yet

Reckon it will be the other way round, there, will be more after Gladwin, than the other 2 combined. Although I've a nasty feeling all 3 might go.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:24:55 »

There will definitely be interest in Gladwin and Byrne particularly after good displays on TV against Sheffield United.

I'm not sure anyone would want to shell out any money for Kasim though.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:26:12 »

Louis looked our best player when he came on, cracking little player would love him back any day.

His injury was the season defining moment for me. For all the technical ability of Luongo and Kasim, Louis would have been the first name on my team sheet. Norwich have got themselves a really good player.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:36:13 »

Biggest worry is how the hell to find replacements. We surely can't keep getting lucky in the loan market.

Granted there is an element of luck about it (sometimes supposedly good players just don't perform) but I'd imagine Power and Cooper put a lot of research into potential loan recruits for the season ahead, as they have to make sure they can fit into the 3-5-2/3-6-1 system. Wouldn't surprise me if they have two lists already drawn up, one Championship and one League One.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:38:18 »

His injury was the season defining moment for me. For all the technical ability of Luongo and Kasim, Louis would have been the first name on my team sheet. Norwich have got themselves a really good player.
Agree with all of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:45:44 »

Granted there is an element of luck about it (sometimes supposedly good players just don't perform) but I'd imagine Power and Cooper put a lot of research into potential loan recruits for the season ahead, as they have to make sure they can fit into the 3-5-2/3-6-1 system. Wouldn't surprise me if they have two lists already drawn up, one Championship and one League One.

They said that's what they were doing. I'm not sure if they'd specifically be looking at 3-5-2 though. I just think that system favoured the players we had this season. If two very good wingers were available we may see a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:47:26 »

Exactly.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:54:35 »

They said that's what they were doing. I'm not sure if they'd specifically be looking at 3-5-2 though. I just think that system favoured the players we had this season. If two very good wingers were available we may see a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1

I prefer 4 at the back.  How's your old man after yesterday Joe?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 11:09:05 »

Every forward thinking business has a plan. This year, next year, five years, ten years and so on. I doubt the way we are currently run by Power & co that STFC are no different. The exception will be the current stock holding. Players to you and me.

They have a possible and probable list of who is going, likely to go & likely to stay. For div1 & Championship eventualities. Well we now know where we'll be next season. So one or more sheets of paper can be shredded.

I'd also expect them to have a list of targets based on all the original eventualities which has obviously been narrowed.

Lick your wounds, dig out the budgie smugglers, shorts, speedos, bikini or suit, look for the sun screen. Prepare for the Ashes and next seasons fixture list.

Come late August, light the blue touch paper and stand back for the 2015-16 division one firework display.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: