Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Inquest  (Read 50813 times)
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 10:18:01 »

Cheers Peter.

We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 11:08:21 »

Can't add anything on the footballing side to the match inquest.

It was good to see and chat to some old faces, including an old school and Boy's Brigade mate I hadn't seen for 40 years. I thought the Wembley info people and the meet and greeters in Club Wembley did a good job. The fish and chips I had there were as good as any "Football Food" I've had. 
scott

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 17:42:01 »

Just wanna say we had a great day out again apart from the match obviously, it was great to see people I ain't seen for ages, why does it take an outing like that travelling away to bump into people who live in Swindon same as me but you don't see them yet travel away and there they are , weird..... Anyway great day !!!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #228 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 08:19:09 »

Why do people think Cooper will be sacked? Him and Power seem to have a good working realationship, no the end of the season wasn't quite as good as it could have been but frankly he has done brilliantly with what is at his disposal.

Can see him moving on if another team come for him, but sacked? No chance.

Here's how I see it ...

Cooper to leave for another club this close season ... Maybe but unlikely.
Cooper to be sacked .... Not a chance.

Cooper essentially plays bad cop to William's good cop. A move to no 1 would mean a chance in the dynamic between Williams and the players and wouldn't work easily, but this can be countered by the fact there would only be about 2 players left for next season who were here last.  Also how many excellent no 2's fail to make it as a decent no 1?

Would replacing Coops if Power sacked him or he left be straightforward? I suspect not.  A lot of established managers wouldn't want the interference Power has in players and tactics etc, hence meaning we could be left what the fans would consider another yes man.  I do think we would now be an attractive proposition for managers to consider however.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 08:41:14 »

We had a cracking season and played some unbelievable football.

Sure, that's not all down to Cooper, but as mentioned, the dynamic in the backroom staff.

It has to be said, all in all, we had a good season.

Hopefully, the management have seen the shortfalls and will be able to build on that knowledge next season. Playing the lovely football is really entertaining, but when you get a big physical team or heavy soggy pitches, there does need to be another plan.

I do like the way the club is set up, get young talent and nurture. Sign players from non-league and make a profit on them. Some hate the 'selling club' idea, but unless you're top half Premiership, you need to sell your best players to make ends meet.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 09:20:35 »

Here's how I see it ...

Cooper to leave for another club this close season ... Maybe but unlikely.
Cooper to be sacked .... Not a chance.

Cooper essentially plays bad cop to William's good cop. A move to no 1 would mean a chance in the dynamic between Williams and the players and wouldn't work easily, but this can be countered by the fact there would only be about 2 players left for next season who were here last.  Also how many excellent no 2's fail to make it as a decent no 1?

Would replacing Coops if Power sacked him or he left be straightforward? I suspect not.  A lot of established managers wouldn't want the interference Power has in players and tactics etc, hence meaning we could be left what the fans would consider another yes man.  I do think we would now be an attractive proposition for managers to consider however.
Alternately, Williams might make an excellent head coach under Power as DoF. Don't get me wrong, I like Cooper, I think he's done a good job and don't want to see him leave, but I could see how the Head Coach scenario might work in our current setup
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:13:51 »

Alternately, Williams might make an excellent head coach under Power as DoF. Don't get me wrong, I like Cooper, I think he's done a good job and don't want to see him leave, but I could see how the Head Coach scenario might work in our current setup

Is that not what cooper is though theoretically
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: