Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The unofficial official Super Swindon Town v Preston North End Wembley Thread  (Read 49514 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:09:39 »

I'm not going to enjoy the day. I'm not going to enjoy the game. Even if we're 3-0 up, I'm not going to enjoy it.

I just hope I can enjoy post match celebrations, but until then there's no point in lying; I'm not going to enjoy it...
Me neither.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
scott

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:14:09 »

Excited and nervous...... Just hope we do ourselves justice and FUCKIN WIN !!!..... COYR
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:17:20 »

Fucking hell if you can't enjoy the day in terms of build up, in terms of heading down and seeing loads of fellow fans on their way, knowing we're all hoping for the same thing, then the day building up with every pint consumed, then there's something wrong with you.

That said as soon as I get near my seat, that's when the enjoyment fades and that horrible 'we're gonna fck this up' feeling beds in.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:33:25 »

Fucking hell if you can't enjoy the day in terms of build up, in terms of heading down and seeing loads of fellow fans on their way, knowing we're all hoping for the same thing, then the day building up with every pint consumed, then there's something wrong with you.

That said as soon as I get near my seat, that's when the enjoyment fades and that horrible 'we're gonna fck this up' feeling beds in.
Each to his own... The 'event' is too big and too important for me to truly enjoy it, I'm not on a fucking sightseeing tour. I'm on a mission!

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:37:58 »

I see that Hertha, I just find it difficult not to go along with the excitement as it builds, like being a kid again. Yeah you have to reign it in a bit, but I couldn't not enjoy the hours before the match. Completely get the last hour being excruciating, as your mind goes through the what ifs...

And to be honest that's coming from someone who's not been as much in recent seasons, so a 'proper full timer' must have a different emotional experience.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:41:03 »

Same as everyone else. Nervous but excited.
Best advice following Janaage's post.
Enjoy the build up, the colour, the Town fans and of course a trip to Wembley.
Some clubs never have that opportunity, this is our 6th visit.
The game just get behind the lads and then it's down to the players. We have a chance and that is all we can ask for in a play off final.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:43:09 »

Each to his own... The 'event' is too big and too important for me to truly enjoy it, I'm not on a fucking sightseeing tour. I'm on a mission!

Trying to enjoy it but like you feeling nervous.
Like your comment, this is not a sightseeing tour.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:45:47 »

At Orly waiting for my flight. I always love these big days out, at least up until kickoff. I spend too few days in a pub drinking proper beer surrounded by Swindon fans not to make the most of them.

Never do football dreams, but dreamt that I went into the CG this week, having been a fixture in the squad all season, to be told by the general manager - not even Cooper - that I wasn't in the squad for today, but they had VIP access badges for me and the wife. I told them where they could stuff their badges and stormed out. Felt bloody real.

So that's why I'll be watching from the stands with the hoi polloi today.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:50:30 »

setting off soon, just hope that we turn up today!  I'm strangely positive and going to go for a 2:1 win with Gladwin &^ Luongo scoring.  I'll be looking out for people at Wealdstone, I'm easy to spot, being bald, overweight and wearing a town top.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:51:06 »

Car's washed and adorned with Wembley tat. Bring it on!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:52:48 »

On the 303 on our way, and so far, eastbound all clear.

Little bit nervous, but have the utmost faith in our lads today. COYR!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:54:56 »

I'm not going to enjoy the day. I'm not going to enjoy the game. Even if we're 3-0 up, I'm not going to enjoy it.

I just hope I can enjoy post match celebrations, but until then there's no point in lying; I'm not going to enjoy it...
Yep, very much this. I am ghoing to try and enjoy the day before the game and hope to have something to celebrate after it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 07:57:06 »

On the 303 on our way, and so far, eastbound all clear.

Little bit nervous, but have the utmost faith in our lads today. COYR!
Be following you up the 303 in about an hour.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 08:01:16 »

As long as we 'turn up' today I'll be happy as I fully expect us to get a result if we are firing.

Anyone know if club shop open this morn?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 08:04:26 »

setting off soon, just hope that we turn up today!  I'm strangely positive and going to go for a 2:1 win with Gladwin &^ Luongo scoring.  I'll be looking out for people at Wealdstone, I'm easy to spot, being bald, overweight and wearing a town top.
You'll need to be more specific than that. That's ninety percent of our fan base.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: