Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies  (Read 159537 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:17:41 »

So, who's going to the Villa game?

Don't usually do friendlies but I've got to see our 'defence' for myself.

Cooper is saying that tonight's starting XI will be very similar to who starts on 8th August....so my guess

Code:
Belford
Byrne Branco Thompson Stewart BOO
Traore Kasim Williams
Smith Obika
lambourn red

« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:20:51 »

I see the Liverpool game is a complete sell out I went online this morning to get my lads mate a ticket but all areas are red
Skinny Pete

« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:22:31 »

I see the Liverpool game is a complete sell out I went online this morning to get my lads mate a ticket but all areas are red
Those ST holders who are not going, their tickets will go general sale tomorrow I think.

You may have a chance then.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:23:48 »

Cooper is saying that tonight's starting XI will be very similar to who starts on 8th August....so my guess

Code:
Belford
Traore Kasim Williams
Smith Obika

Hope he means apart from the 2/3 more quality signings we make before then.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:27:39 »

I agree. I assume there are at least 2 more loan players coming in anyway as only having 2 is a little unlike us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:29:56 »

The window will still have 3 weeks open after the Bradford game, so I suspect that any ins and and outs, are likely to happen after the 8th.

That's a viable side....plus a bench of GK maybe Stephens, Hylton, Marshall, Randall, Rodgers, Cooke and prob one of the trialists.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:55:19 »

Taking pens is an odd business....

Not from a bookies it isn't!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 08:56:13 »

For once i'm the opposite end of the glass, that is a bottom half side. It will change i'm sure but I'd be worried if that was our week in week out first 11.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 09:00:22 »

Code:
Belford
Traore Kasim Williams
Smith Obika

7 of that team were here last season, so not the wholesale rebuilding which was feared (I know there will be many changes before the season starts!)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 09:04:17 »

7 of that team were here last season, so not the wholesale rebuilding which was feared (I know there will be many changes before the season starts!)

From the noises being rumoured it looked like Byrne, Smith and Kasim would join the exodus....I can only think there was no further firm interest, but still plenty of time for that to happen.
Flashheart

« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 10:10:58 »

That name 'Branco' concerns me most.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 10:24:10 »

TBF, he gets all the blame when none of the back 3 were immune from both individual errors and being caught out of position.

He does, however, look like a walking booking most games - but, then again, Thompson had more than his fair share.

The system puts such a lot of pressure on them that I'm not sure any L1 standard CBs would be that much better.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 10:32:19 »

TBF, he gets all the blame when none of the back 3 were immune from both individual errors and being caught out of position.

He does, however, look like a walking booking most games - but, then again, Thompson had more than his fair share.

The system puts such a lot of pressure on them that I'm not sure any L1 standard CBs would be that much better.

Bookings or individual errors?  I would say both.  He needs to improve on both counts this season IMO.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 10:46:59 »

Yeah, both.

Just trying to point out that it isn't just Branco that is to blame. In fact, I'd blame the system more than the players and I can't see how the error-laden games will change much this coming season.

Cooper/Williams couldn't sort it out last season so I have little faith they will do so this.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 10:57:49 »

Yeah, both.

Just trying to point out that it isn't just Branco that is to blame. In fact, I'd blame the system more than the players and I can't see how the error-laden games will change much this coming season.

Cooper/Williams couldn't sort it out last season so I have little faith they will do so this.

It's difficult, after all the system got us our highest finish in Div 3 for years, but eventually became so predictable that  limited coaches like Grayson/ Cotterill could easily outwit us.

What needs to happen is for us to develop a bit more flexibility....of course far from easy when playing young inexperienced players.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 11:04:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: