Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies  (Read 156977 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Saturday, July 9, 2016, 20:52:25 »

Anyone know what the formation was today? Can't work it out from the line ups.
Nor from the desperately poor Adver report.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 05:33:30 »

3-5-2

Good performance against limited opposition but you can only beat whats in front of you and they did that comfortably.

Shalborne and reading will provide sterner tests and perhaps by then there will be some more signings made hopefully
Not sure it was 3 5 2. Only Hylton in the 1st half and Obikakaka in the 2nd. There was plenty of support going forward.

Oh, we seem to be working on a new corner routine - 1 player on the goal line the rest on the edge of the box.

They tried it out a few times in the first half - about as successful as our 'normal' routine of completely fucking it up.

We must have the worst corners to goals ratio in the league - well, scoring them anyway!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:36:56 »

Goals

Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:48:45 »

Not sure it was 3 5 2. Only Hylton in the 1st half and Obikakaka in the 2nd. There was plenty of support going forward.

Oh, we seem to be working on a new corner routine - 1 player on the goal line the rest on the edge of the box.

They tried it out a few times in the first half - about as successful as our 'normal' routine of completely fucking it up.

We must have the worst corners to goals ratio in the league - well, scoring them anyway!

Vigs

Spalding              Thompson                  Huth

Evans                                               Kasim                                                Brophy

Smith                 Goddard

Stewart                      Hylton

3 at back, 2 wing backs,Kasim sitting, Smith and Goddard advanced of Kasim and Stewart and Hylton up top
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:59:02 »

Goals

The pre-highlights adverts were gloriously tin pot, whilst the two blokes who were I assume stood next to the camera saying 'nice' and 'yes' gave a lovely Partridgesque commentary?

I know it's first preseason and all that but was the whole game played at something below walking pace?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 08:39:20 »

I know it's first preseason and all that but was the whole game played at something below walking pace?

Obviously, it lacked intensity.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #816 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 09:31:14 »

The pre-highlights adverts were gloriously tin pot, whilst the two blokes who were I assume stood next to the camera saying 'nice' and 'yes' gave a lovely Partridgesque commentary?

It did look from those highlights that the game was indeed played at a very slow pace but you can only beat what is in front of you, I have a feeling that for some of our fans (not aiming this at anyone on here) that a 20-0 win wouldn't have been enough.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 09:36:51 »

This is the guy who impressed me the most of the day - Sign him up!

Villa fans seem to rate him

Lewis Kinsella has announced he is leaving Aston Villa after five years at the club and will be playing his football elsewhere next season.

The 21-year-old left-back has been deemed surplus to requirements and will not be kept on when his contract expires next month and today took to Twitter to reveal the news.

Last night’s defeat against his former club Arsenal in the U21s play-off final was his last game in Villa colours and it brings an end to an action-packed time in the Midlands.

It's not a decision that has gone down too well with the Villa faithful...

I used to be Fatbury
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 13:05:10 »

Any news on a new striker arriving yet.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 13:51:18 »

Any news on a new striker arriving yet.

Dont need one now Hylton finally scored again
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 14:44:01 »

Dont need one now Hylton finally scored again
power will sell him now anyway...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 14:56:33 »

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 15:19:42 »

That was great! Especially the Churchill dog-like "ow yesss" at the third goal.

Thanks Costanza.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 18:02:44 »

Finding a buyer could be tricky - I thought that both he, and Jordan Stewart, we're miles off the standard required.  Lee Power had a better touch when the ball hit him in the crowd.

None of the triallists looked 'sign him up now' quality, although equally I'd want another look or two before discarding.

Nathan and Yasir are a level or two above everyone else, which I guess we knew, but great to see them at such close quarters.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #824 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 16:02:36 »

A friend of mine who works at Yeovil Town says they have arranged a friendly with Swindon for 30th July at 1pm at Huish Park.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: