Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies  (Read 156978 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 09:11:11 »

So for all those moaning about plastic scousers in the home sections.... Did it all kick off? Did it get pwopa nawty? Was is a bit tasty?

(Or was it just a meaningless friendly, where 99% of those attending didn't really give a shit?)

Probably 50% of the crowd were Liverpool fans, although I think I heard 1 scouse accent all day. That said, I'm not going to complain at a full house at £15 and potentially 4 Liverpool players on season long loans.

Back to sub 8k crowds on Saturday though.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 09:23:54 »

Probably 50% of the crowd were Liverpool fans, although I think I heard 1 scouse accent all day. That said, I'm not going to complain at a full house at £15 and potentially 4 Liverpool players on season long loans.

Back to sub 8k crowds on Saturday though.

Crowd on Sat will be a bit of a barometer. Last season we got a few over just 7000, against newly promoted Scunny...I'd imagine Bradford would bring a few more.  However judging from the noises on here over the summer, plenty have given up.

So I'd anticipate something in the region of 6500-7000, anything less would not be a good sign.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #722 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:08:25 »

You never know, maybe we converted some local plastics yesterday
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:17:15 »

I doubt it. I've never understood people that support a club that they have no connection with. Could it be to do with success bragging rights when they were kids?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:29:33 »

You never know, maybe we converted some local plastics yesterday

Including myself I know of nine season ticket holders that were not there yesterday for various reasons and hope that some of the "occasional" and "undecided" who went might have been swayed by the performance.

Reading back, I am far happier than a couple of weeks ago regarding the team make up and looking forward to the Bradford game with more optimism.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:31:45 »

Vigouroux had a good came. Anyone criticizing him for the second Liverpool goal is being a bit harsh. If anything he did too well with the shot and took too much energy out of the ball allowing it to dip just under the bar. less of a strong hand on it would have seen it being picked out of the Stratton Bank.

Overall an encouraging performance. Good to see Turnbull back and Williams looks a useful defender. Nice goal by Beaker. Hylton worked hard and had a lovely curling shot well saved in the first half.

Byrne wearing 10 is encouraging also. if he keeps that squad number that will indicate his defensive duties may have been reduced?

A few Liverpool fans around us in the DRS. At one stage, after a poor effort on goal I think it was, one behind us said "And that is why they are League 1!" Soon after, a Liverpool move went tits up and I said to my wife (a bit loudly and with more than a hint of sarcasm maybe) "And that is why they are Premier League!"

Vigouroux could get a song based around Bohemian Rhaposody- Galileo Galileo Galileo Figaro- magnifico o o o o o o o o Oh mama mia etc......

Or not.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:37:05 »

A few Liverpool fans around us in the DRS. At one stage, after a poor effort on goal I think it was, one behind us said "And that is why they are League 1!"

Bit rich when Markovic hit one out for a throw-in.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:39:13 »

Cheesy
Skinny Pete

« Reply #728 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:41:15 »

Strange that with Byrne more advanced I noticed him tracking back and making good tackles in our own box more than he did last season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 11:38:14 »

Crowd on Sat will be a bit of a barometer. Last season we got a few over just 7000, against newly promoted Scunny...I'd imagine Bradford would bring a few more.  However judging from the noises on here over the summer, plenty have given up.

So I'd anticipate something in the region of 6500-7000, anything less would not be a good sign.
Anyone trying to judge attendances by crowds in August is a bit of a dick. Plenty will be on holidays during August, especially those with kids forced to book during school holidays so crowds will be lower during August just because of that. If we're averaging less than 7000 in September then you can get the doom stick out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 11:50:22 »

Anyone trying to judge attendances by crowds in August is a bit of a dick. Plenty will be on holidays during August, especially those with kids forced to book during school holidays so crowds will be lower during August just because of that. If we're averaging less than 7000 in September then you can get the doom stick out.

Last season we had crowds of fewer than 7000 in September and October....normally there's a fair turn out for first game of the season, because of excitement etc then it tails off a bit.

No need to get abusive, if you wish to make a point far better to do it with the back up of some facts...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 14:12:32 »

I'm so glad I missed this absolute spazzfest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 14:14:46 »

Last season we had crowds of fewer than 7000 in September and October....normally there's a fair turn out for first game of the season, because of excitement etc then it tails off a bit.
Yes, and the extra turnout for the few games is offset by regulars missing some of them because of holidays. It's the same every year. Much like your predictions of imminent doom.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 14:51:52 »

Yes, and the extra turnout for the few games is offset by regulars missing some of them because of holidays. It's the same every year. Much like your predictions of imminent doom.

Last season's average attendance was about 600 on average more than the first game's attendance....I'd say that given the fluctuations of form, large crowds for derbys and the odd name you get in Div 3.....a range of + or - 600 or so over the season is about the norm.

Sometimes you'll get one like 02/03....where there was a wave of optimism for the opener, but the season rapidly turned to shit so the average was about 1400 down on the first game.

So given the lack of derbys, big names and top heavy norvern clubs....I reckon Sats attendance will give us a decent indicator for the season.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 16:07:25 »

Including myself I know of nine season ticket holders that were not there yesterday for various reasons and hope that some of the "occasional" and "undecided" who went might have been swayed by the performance.

Reading back, I am far happier than a couple of weeks ago regarding the team make up and looking forward to the Bradford game with more optimism.
Make that 10. I didn't bother yesterday so my season ticket seat was up for grabs
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: