Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flag Dilemma  (Read 13135 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 17:39:12 »

Westbury and Cherill are 18th century, that's hundreds in my book. Westbury legend goes back further. Beats a decade long nature incentive.

Well, of course, time is relative, but the proper old hill figures are a couple of thousand or more years old, whereas the extant Wilts examples a couple of hundred.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 17:42:07 »

Stonehenge or Avebury it is then...

West Kennet Long Barrow would be great on a flag - a county flag represented by the womb!
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 17:43:50 by Costanza » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 17:54:46 »

Stonehenge or Avebury it is then...

West Kennet Long Barrow would be great on a flag - a county flag represented by the womb!

I'd quite like Silbury Hill.....there's plenty of stone circles in the British Isles, but nothing quite as uniquely strange as the pudding by the source of the Winterbourne and Kennet.  OK, I'll give you the mesolithic pink flints found near Amesbury.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:49:04 »

I am unsure if this has been answered as yet but, in order to get flags and instruments into the ground you have to declare it prior. It may well be in your best interest to contact stfc tomorrow to register your flag. Not sure though if this is on poles only or for draping over the hoardings
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 18:56:44 »

I'm gonna see if I can get me one of these  Smiley

http://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/flags/calne/

HELL YEAH!!
The kids in my class that play for Calne football have that flag in their tops!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 19:05:29 »

Why would anyone be offended by an Iraqi flag? As others have said, might seem a bit odd to some (esp if they don't recognise the flag/realise Kasim is Iraqi) but offended?

Maybe he has mice in his loft on now there is a hole in the middle.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 19:07:51 »

Wiltshire has a flag...with a chicken on it!!?

You have just made my week.

That's not a chicken City boy 😀
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 19:13:38 »

None of Wiltshire's chalk figures are that old....the really old ones are Uffington (Berkshire) and Cerne Abbas (Dorset).  Some recent family history research, produced the interesting fact that many of my forebears were from Cerne Abbas. 

The claimed but now disappeared hill figures at Foxhill, would have made an interesting flag emblem, mind.

There used to be a stuffed giant bustard at the museum in Devizes, which now seems to have cropped up in the museum at Salisbury.
Oxfordshire, surely?

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 19:17:57 »

I am unsure if this has been answered as yet but, in order to get flags and instruments into the ground you have to declare it prior. It may well be in your best interest to contact stfc tomorrow to register your flag. Not sure though if this is on poles only or for draping over the hoardings

It's a rigmarole that's for sure, some of our lads have spent all week backwards and forwards trying to get our flag in.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 20:49:41 »

Oxfordshire, surely?

The White Horse was in Berkshire for something like 1200 years....good enough for me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:25:07 »

I see your white horses an raise you stonehenge,  Silbury hill and avebury stone circle.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:25:43 »

They haven't bothered to reply... £10 spent on one streamer making sure it arrived for Monday morning and the pricks can't even be fucked to respond to my query.
£10 for a frecin bog roll  No
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 21:46:26 »

£10 for a frecin bog roll  No

Most of that was for super-fast postage.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 06:43:03 »

It's a rigmarole that's for sure, some of our lads have spent all week backwards and forwards trying to get our flag in.
Does this apply to any old flag or just massive ones? Mine is about 8dt long. Am I supposed to have informed Wembley or the club or something?
Fowey

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 07:00:34 »

Does this apply to any old flag or just massive ones? Mine is about 8dt long. Am I supposed to have informed Wembley or the club or something?

Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not allowed.

- Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people's heads. In such cases the flag must be flame retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification
Read more at http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations#zDr4TRDETUXmf7s6.99
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: