Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The actual game  (Read 18952 times)
kerry red

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:45:16 »

Viva La Cooperino!

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 14:39:16 »

COME ON TOWN!!!!

The End.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 15:54:35 »

Preston slight favourites, but it's the final, anything can happen, form goes out the window now, its just what happens on the day.

If we put in the desire and commitment, apply ourselves to our game plan, start brightly, then its game on!! Start like we did in the 1st Leg against Sheff Utd, then it tricky.

But fuck it, we should know better then most, to come back into a playoff final after going behind 3-0 is not beyond the realms of possibility!! (if we do go behind)

Perhaps this time, at the new wembley, its time the tide turned in our favour Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 16:31:37 »

Hopefully, we'll see the benefit of the Asian Cup with Luongo and Kasim playing high pressure knock-out games this season already.

I find lots of positives but can swiftly think of plenty of negatives to counter them.

Roll on Sunday so we can get this over and done with!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 17:22:43 »

If we can keep hold of the ball and play our passing game, we'll win. Players like Welsh and Kilkenny are seasoned pros, but they're certainly not as good ball players as we know Kasim, Gladwin and Luongo can be.

In style they'll be very similar to how Sheff Utd were in the first leg. The full backs will need to be disciplined and stop them getting down the sides.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 17:59:19 »

For me, defeat on Sunday would feel far worse than the last two trips. Millwall we were on a huge high getting to Wembley and that seemed a victory in itself and I was over the Chesterfield defeat within minutes of leaving the ground.

Now this is as good a chance as we have had for promotion for a very long time and next season in a northern League 1 after our side has been ripped apart would be soul destroying.

I'm nervous already.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 18:28:01 »

Millwall had our number in 2010, the match at the Den showed that. I have no idea what happened against Chesterfield, odd game and carried on drinking post game without too much of a downer. This time reminds me of Sunderland. A sexy team against a dull but efficient team with most expecting the latter to triumph, but we taught them a footballing lesson that day. So that means we witness the second best ever 1-0 win.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 18:38:05 »

the Chesterfield defeat within minutes of leaving the ground.

"Fucksake, right pub then?"

Millwall on the other took bloody ages to get over. I refuse to allow my optimism to get that high again.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 18:49:40 »

Millwall had our number in 2010, the match at the Den showed that. I have no idea what happened against Chesterfield, odd game and carried on drinking post game without too much of a downer. This time reminds me of Sunderland. A sexy team against a dull but efficient team with most expecting the latter to triumph, but we taught them a footballing lesson that day. So that means we witness the second best ever 1-0 win.
This  ...I hope I will take 1-0
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 20:53:22 »

If we score more goals than Preston both ends,i reckon we have a chance of winning ,thus gaining promotion.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 20:55:10 by Mother Brown » Logged
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 22:05:35 »

I only managed to get to one game this season, Preston at home. My second game will be on Sunday, I hope it's an omen!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 22:09:08 »

I've only managed to get to one game this season, it was Yeovil at home. I hope it's not an omen.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 06:12:00 »

Looks like rain on Sunday. Booooo

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 06:36:00 »

I had a very vivid dream that we won last night. It's enough for me. We've got a huge chance. If the midfield 3 get close to playing how we know they can, if Byrne runs at them, and if Smith plays a 90mins like his last, we won't be far away.
kerry red

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 09:24:42 »

I do hope Obika starts with Smith.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how decent he is - that goal against the Blades was very classy.

Have the 2 of them ever started a game together?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: