Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The actual game  (Read 18954 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:15:01 »

As Jimmy_Onions pointed out in another thread, it's curious that among all the chat about tickets and travel, there has so far been virtually no comment on the game itself. Maybe we're trying to block out our doubts, because as PNE point out, they're big favourites:

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?94635-We-are-big-favourites-on-Sunday

They finished 10 points above us, have the top-scoring striker and the second-tightest defence in the league. They're a big, ugly Grayson team who on their day could give our pretty football a thorough mauling. Can we impose our game on them?

It's the past vs the future. I know which version I'd prefer to succeed. But then, I'm biased...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:18:40 »

Heart says we will win, head says we will lose.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:20:37 »

They've actually blown they're biggest chance of promotion via automatic, and as the Blackpool fan says their PO record is...shite.

They might be favourites, but even they would not have enjoyed seeing the first 17 mins last Monday when we went into a 3-0 lead, where we tore Sheff Utd defence a new one.

We've got to sort our defence, and get it back to what it was early on in the season.

It's down to one game...on the day...The winner takes it all.

Can we do it?

As a certain Flasheart would say 'FUCK YEAH!!'

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:23:04 »

Heart says we will win, head says we will lose.

Ya heads says no, but ya balls say yes

scott

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:26:23 »

Agree with all the above and also this time we've got the other end of stadium....maybe the lucky/winning end ??.......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:27:14 »

PNE bottled it on the last day of the season, I see no reason why they won't bottle it again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:27:47 »

I also think that deep down, the "actual game" is a big factor in putting people like me off.

The last 2 trips have been bloody brilliant until the game started. The it's become a tiring, early onset hangover, heartbreaking, dull, lifeless waste of time.

I can't face that journey back with my tail between my legs. Again.

I'd rather celebrate in my old mans garden whilst absolutely cunted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:29:52 »

Preston are favourites at the bookies and on paper.

But, our own firepower isn't far off theirs, I know the stats are skewed a bit by Garners injury, but they only scored 3 more than we did this season in the league.

Their strike force is quality  and the thing that worries me is a big pitch may further expose our defensive frailties. But don't let that 5-5 fool you, our defence is shaky at times but its not *that* shaky. Colchester conceded 20 more than us in the league and kept them out.

Can we do it. Of course we fucking can. But everyone has to turn up and be at it from the off. Tough yes. Mission: Impossible: No way.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:30:15 »

Not sure there has ever been a play off final with there being such an outright underdog.

I think that can work in our favour with most of the pressure being on them rather than us.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:33:11 »

Good news for Louis.....

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/STFC/Louis-Thompson-given-green-light-to-feature-at-Wembley-.aspx#.VVsp_UKprzI

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:34:16 »

would you risk it? I wouldn't
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:35:17 »

Not sure there has ever been a play off final with there being such an outright underdog.

I think that can work in our favour with most of the pressure being on them rather than us.

Scunthorpe v Millwall?

Yeovil v Brentford?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:36:56 »

Pfft underdogs my butt. It's dead even, not a fag paper between us. Different styles yes, experience v youth yes, all cancels each other out on the day. Whoever handles the pressure best, or gets THE key bit of luck, and there will be at least one. Will win. No idea who that will be, but I go with more expectation than the Millwall game for sure.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:37:53 »

experience v youth

Experience is over-rated - our last two trips to the home of profit show us that.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:38:25 »

would you risk it? I wouldn't

Good to have him on the bench.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: