Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Which of the loan players do you think will or should miss out  (Read 6253 times)
red sheldon

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:21:14 »

Just read on the Total Swindon Sport site that MC thinks that all 6 of he loan players will be fit, but only 5 can be picked in the squad.  so who should miss out, my thinking is that Toffollo should go into the starting 11 with Stephens & Turnbull leaving 2 out of 3 for the others, but Ricketts gives cover to Toff if he breaks down and can give us some more experience and nous against Beckford & Garner, but we are also a bit short of real midfield game changers without Swift and Louis T! 

So who should miss out then, my thoughts are that if Louis T isnt really fit enough to come on after 10 minutes and play the full game plus extra time, then its probably going to be him, but I'd love to have him in the squad though and think it would give the team a real boost

Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:22:57 »

Swift if Thompson is actually match fit. Which he almost certainly isn't.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:28:01 »

Swifts Injured and 50/50 to make it.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:29:08 »

Just read on the Total Swindon Sport site that MC thinks that all 6 of he loan players will be fit, but only 5 can be picked in the squad.  so who should miss out, my thinking is that Toffollo should go into the starting 11 with Stephens & Turnbull leaving 2 out of 3 for the others, but Ricketts gives cover to Toff if he breaks down and can give us some more experience and nous against Beckford & Garner, but we are also a bit short of real midfield game changers without Swift and Louis T! 

So who should miss out then, my thoughts are that if Louis T isnt really fit enough to come on after 10 minutes and play the full game plus extra time, then its probably going to be him, but I'd love to have him in the squad though and think it would give the team a real boost

I would drop Ricketts, he couldn't contain Garner at Preston and we conceded 5 at home to Sheff Utd. I understand he isn't too blame completely but we could have a similar line up like when we were winning for fun before LT injury. So as much as he is experienced and hads won the playoffs before it has to be him.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:29:55 »

According to Sam M, Swift is fit and available for selection!

kerry red

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:35:34 »

Watched the Blades game again and 4 out of their 5 goals came from crosses from our right - which, to me, means Byrne isn't tracking back.

I know he makes things happen up front but to allow him that freedom there should be some sort of fall-back position to cover his forward runs.

The problem isn't our defenders per se, it's that they are constantly left short when we lose the ball in the opposition half (the reason for the first 2 goals in the exact same place).
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:38:38 »

I would leave out Swift is L Thomson is match fit. The other loanees I would keep in.

Agree with Audrey, Byrne, lively, tricky, also very frustrating, but hes a good attacking outlet, but against Sheff Utd, our right side was over run.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:41:00 »

I would drop Ricketts, he couldn't contain Garner at Preston and we conceded 5 at home to Sheff Utd. I understand he isn't too blame completely but we could have a similar line up like when we were winning for fun before LT injury. So as much as he is experienced and hads won the playoffs before it has to be him.

The only problem for me is that if Toff gets injured we're forced to play Gladwin there if Ricketts isnt on the bench, and I don't think he's that good there really

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 11:54:57 »

Lose the sentimentality, Louis has not been fit and seems is still touch and go so no way he is match fit and probably only able to play 10-15 mins as a sub - can we risk that spot
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:16:27 »

Lose the sentimentality, Louis has not been fit and seems is still touch and go so no way he is match fit and probably only able to play 10-15 mins as a sub - can we risk that spot

No, and I totally agree. He's a brilliant player, and someone who has massively earned his move to a bigger club. However, he's not going to be fit. Also, the kind of player that Swift is, coming on later in the game on such a big pitch, he could cause real trouble. I know Louis would do too, but the fitness/sharpness is the thing that sways it for me. We just cannot take that risk.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:33:52 »

Heart says leave out Swift, include Louis.  But head knows its the wrong decision.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:39:15 »

If I had to I'd leave Ricketts out.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:42:09 »

Swift because he's shite.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:51:35 »

The stage is set for 119th Minute LT winner, can feel it in the air.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:56:10 »

Swift but only if Louis is properly fit, not a day for sentinelmentality in the slightest.

Ricketts must be in squad as I don't want Branco dropping a bollock if something happened to one of the back 3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: