Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not Going To Wembley Thread  (Read 31262 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:17:04 »

I remember going to Florida in the 90s and had to phone home to find out we had been beaten 2-3 at home to Pompey.

Bummer!

Will Sky Go work on my tablet in Kefalonia?

If you have a proxy program on it or might.

Failing that, sign up to ntv.mx
Panda Paws

« Reply #106 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:36:00 »

Will Sky Go work on my tablet in Kefalonia?

No, UK only.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:55:41 »

If you live in Bath and you are not going, where will you be watching the game?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 20:49:31 »

If you live in Bath and you are not going, where will you be watching the game?

£5 each way on Bath.
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 20:51:38 »

If you have a proxy program on it or might.

Failing that, sign up to ntv.mx

I use an app called freedome on my iPad in Florida and it works a treat with sky go.
Combe Down

« Reply #110 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 06:19:09 »

is this a crafty way to ask if i'm gay. sorry to disappoint you but no i'm not.
i'm sure there are plenty more fish in the sea for you. good luck

If I were gay I'd hardly be looking for fish. A further example of your planning skills.

PS are you fit?
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 06:30:23 »

According to that well known source of moderation the Daily Mail "the playoff finals are at risk due to an unexplored WW2 bomb being found near the stadium".

Put your hard hats on people!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 06:37:25 »

According to that well known source of moderation the Daily Mail "the playoff finals are at risk due to an unexplored WW2 bomb being found near the stadium".

Put your hard hats on people!

Explosive encounter
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 09:12:45 »

According to the slightly more reliable Wembley twitter feed, they are in no risk whatsoever. Even the Adver managed to get this right, that's how shite the Mail is:
"Despite the incident, this weekend's play-off finals will not be affected, Wembley Stadium tweeting this morning that all three play-off finals would go ahead."
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:38:01 »

Great post Lee, sums up a lot of my feelings, apart from the missed a lot of matches!!  I only missed one home game - and you can all guess which one that was!!  Couldn't get out of it I am afraid but son was texting me during the game - think the vicar did a double take when I let out a little whoop when a player was sent off in the second minute!!  Sometimes it has been a bit of a struggle on a cold wet night to get out of my chair to go to footy but I've done it!!  Although we do play some lovely attacking footy the tippy-tappy from the back has pissed a lot of people off - the no atmosphere bit is totally true anyway!!  You look at the Town End - where the real noisy support is - at 2-45 and it is usually almost empty, in my days - many moons ago - in the TE the place would be rocking from 2-30 onwards, that built the atmosphere around the ground!  I was one of those who said "NON" to Wembley, hate the new Wembley and our well-documented experiences there really put me off going this time, however with one arm up my back I was persuaded I was going again this time!!  And the good news is the tickets arrived today!!

Have a great day....one and all.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 11:43:02 »

Have a great day....one and all.

Cheers, Lee. Good to hear from you.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Talk Talk

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:06:37 »

I'm not going out of principle, the FA can fuck off, I'm not getting ripped off again to fund their wanky no atmosphere stadium. Whoever finishes third in the league should go up auto as far as I am concerned.

Vindicated. Yes, before you all pour scorn on me about being a weak supporter, I have been to all the matches I could manage this season. It wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever if I had been there to cheer and shout for my team. Preston were ten points clear of us for a reason.

However, that's not how it is, so if we win I get to enjoy Championship football next season, if we lose then I have avoided what feels like eternal Wembley disappointment (yeah, went the last two times and hated it) and dodged a bullet. Sounds good to me :-)

Third time unlucky too. Observations:

1. I fucking hate Jermain Beckford. Shame he's not playing for us  Hmmm

2. Our defence is at least consistent. Consistently shite.

3. Why is that the hoo ha surrounding the play off winners seems to far outweigh actually winning the league or being runners up? I will tell you why, because the play offs are a fucking CON.

4. Nemo pointing out that next season is actually League 1 North is bloody depressing. Cov or Sarfend the nearest? Oh my days

5. I'm going to skilfully avoid the PL team friendlies as well. Yay, let's try and restrain the Kiwis and make some kinda fist of the Ashes instead.

Thank you and good night
DMR

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:11:21 »

I fear you may only face more disappointment this summer if your Ashes comments are anything to go by.
Talk Talk

« Reply #118 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:15:26 »

I fear you may only face more disappointment this summer if your Ashes comments are anything to go by.

Well I've got a ticket for the test at Edgbaston and for the one dayer at Soton Dave.

Please be gentle :-(
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:17:03 »

At least you can get pissed in your seat at the cricket.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: