Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not Going To Wembley Thread  (Read 31434 times)
DMR

« Reply #30 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:11:44 »

I'm not going. I'm still a bit ill at ease with the decision, but it's getting too late to change my mind now.

It's my old man's birthday and he basically feels the same as Arriba so we're having a big BBQ and loads of beers which should be a good day. I vowed after the absolute sack of shite we served up against Chesterfield that I'd give it a miss and I'm sticking to it.

Plus blowing 3 grand on holiday over the last 2 weeks didn't help.

Don't be surprised if I'm scrounging for a ticket on Friday...
« Last Edit: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:13:52 by DMR » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:38:58 »

It's just another one of the reasons I want us to win  Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #32 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 08:50:33 »

It also means I can watch McIlroy tear Wentworth a new one before the kissball starts...
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 10:35:47 »

The Sky TV guide is saying that there's Super Sunday on beforehand, then the show for the PO final starts at 17:30... isn't that the time the game kicks off?..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 10:41:30 »

I am not going because...

a) I live in the NW so to get down by train would involve an overnight stay!
b) In relation to the above I would be traveling down with a train load of Preston fans!
c) We without fail play shit whenever I attend games, don't think I have seen us win for 5 games!
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:37:29 »

Its half term, so the kids are off and I'm off to St Ives for a week.....like others I'm not really too bothered as I really didn't enjoy the JPT final one iota.....I'll find a local pub to watch I expect while wearing my LO's dinner.... :-)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 13:35:58 »

I put it down to a lot of apathy towards modern day football, people prefer to watch their team down the pub these days. Especially their premiership club.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 13:40:10 »

I put it down to a lot of apathy towards modern day football, people prefer to watch their team down the pub these days. Especially their premiership club.
I think you are right to a point. Take the stadium for instance. There is certainly nothing magic about the place and it's lost any that it did have. The atmosphere in there is crap. At the old Wembley you didn't have the best of views but the new stadium has not improved on that at all. At least the old ground had something about it.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 13:44:40 »

I think you are right to a point. Take the stadium for instance. There is certainly nothing magic about the place and it's lost any that it did have. The atmosphere in there is crap. At the old Wembley you didn't have the best of views but the new stadium has not improved on that at all. At least the old ground had something about it.

Even if some of that was the three scousers in Harry Enfield and Chums going there on the wrong weekend for the cup final.

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 13:47:42 »

Golf morning, BBQ and Big screen at mine
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 14:24:37 »

Agree for the main, but the views are better at the new one, if a little far away when in the top tier, best view at the old one was in the corporate ring above the seats, the rest wasn't great anywhere.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 16:01:36 »

I am going because it is a rare occasion and I feel the need to be there - fair enough if you live far away / no money etc but general air of CBA is most surprising - can`t believe a thread like this was started last time we went to Wembley....

Bathtime
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 16:05:02 »

I'm not a fan of the tiered design of the new Wembley. The old one was badly dilapidated when I went there in 1999, and had to be demolished. There was no reason though they couldn't have kept the new wembley along the same lines of the old, and you certainly wouldn't of had the steep views that you have now.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 16:11:07 »

I don't dislike the tiered set up there.. I've purchased my NFL tickets for block 501 for the simple fact that the view is good. But then, going to an NFL match is different to that of football, I think.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 16:21:22 »

To someone on here watching it... can you record the mosaic if it appears on Sky and chuck it online in video form?

That'd be greaaaaat Smiley

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: