Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "how you celebrated Nathan Byrne's" goal thread.  (Read 15737 times)
kerry red

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 10:53:41 »

I was at the bar recharging my glass and turned my back on the TV and said the same thing.

Funny how we all get these 'feelings'
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 11:03:40 »

kerry red

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 11:06:08 »

That's the way to do it!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 12:02:52 »

I threw my arms out and fell backwards a la Charlie George. The lads behind caught me... Before one flew over the top.  I have knackered my calf muscle, grazed me leg, and bruised the palm of my hand.

What a fucking night!

Oh, and that clip posted above is one of the greatest things ever filmed.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
EldeneRed

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 12:13:43 »

I was sitting in a rather large pub in Chipping Norton, sitting by myself in one of the dining areas with the TV in front of me.

Now, Chipping Norton has a bit of a population of Oxford United fans, so throughout the game people would come and glance at the screen and tut, or say "You're gonna lose."

I was so on edge and glued through the whole game, that the extra cold pint I ordered at the start of the game was unfinished by the end, and in the last 10 minutes I was shouting "Come on town, let's steal a win!"

So I was getting ready for a draw and the prospect of a level battle at the CG on Monday...

Then Byrne shot towards goal....

The keeper made a howler...

The net bristled...

Next thing I knew I was on my knees, punching the air, and dancing in sync with a tubby town fan on the telly; doing everything in my power not to shout the place down; as the more highly populated bar area was just through an open archway.

The pub had a very grumpy and silent feel to it afterwards! Apart from a couple of stray Town fans who came over and celebrated with me. The result is amazing, and I cannot wait to go on Monday night.

Full County Ground please!
COYR
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 12:46:40 »

Awesome. I'm happy to keep reliving that moment over and over again...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 13:10:13 »

I was sitting in a rather large pub in Chipping Norton, sitting by myself in one of the dining areas with the TV in front of me.

Now, Chipping Norton has a bit of a population of Oxford United fans, so throughout the game people would come and glance at the screen and tut, or say "You're gonna lose."

I was so on edge and glued through the whole game, that the extra cold pint I ordered at the start of the game was unfinished by the end, and in the last 10 minutes I was shouting "Come on town, let's steal a win!"

So I was getting ready for a draw and the prospect of a level battle at the CG on Monday...

The net bristled...

Next thing I knew I was on my knees, punching the air, and dancing in sync with a tubby town fan on the telly; doing everything in my power not to shout the place down; as the more highly populated bar area was just through an open archway.

The pub had a very grumpy and silent feel to it afterwards! Apart from a couple of stray Town fans who came over and celebrated with me. The result is amazing, and I cannot wait to go on Monday night.

COYR
Chipping Norton? Thats where i live! What pub were you in? Kings Arms or Blue Boar?
EldeneRed

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 13:35:31 »

Chipping Norton? Thats where i live! What pub were you in? Kings Arms or Blue Boar?

The Blue Boar, since I had a meeting right next door and it was the closest. Normally I go Kings Arms for the Arkell's Ales.

I saw some Town fans wandering around town earlier in the evening, but I didn't see them in the pub, must've gone elsewhere. Shame because it was a bit of a hostile environment! (Then again, I was wearing Swindon Colours in Oxfordshire).
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 17:42:07 »

The London Reds celebrations at the Duke of Wellington pub:

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 17:45:23 »

Brilliant Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 17:59:59 »

The net bristled...

COYR

Were you drinking in the Blue Boar ?? I think you spoke to me. I was stood outside when you walked in. I had the 92-93 home shirt on.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 18:07:05 »

Shame if we had known Eldene could have come down with us to our Private Club
EldeneRed

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 18:10:24 »

Were you drinking in the Blue Boar ?? I think you spoke to me. I was stood outside when you walked in. I had the 92-93 home shirt on.

I think I did. I was wearing jeans and a long sleeved Grey Pinstripe shirt; were you the ones walking towards the centre of town?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 18:33:19 »

Brilliant Smiley

Ha ha Pets spazzed right out Wink
kerry red

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 18:34:07 »

Beer-fuelled optimism (We are going up)!

And nil point for the beardy fella in suit and tie - not football clobber that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: