Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New York  (Read 4287 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:10:30 »

Looking into going to NY for a week in September.

Whats the best location for hotels? Will be flying into Newark.

Found one on Staten Island but not sure how easy it is to get around to all the tourist type stuff from there?

HELP!!!!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:28:14 »

We found a cheap one in Chinatown a few years ago.  Great location, unless Chinese butchers put you off! Last time was at the Lexington, which wasn't great, but the location was. Personally, I'd look to stay on Manhattan. I hope to stay in Greenwich next time.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:37:06 »

Went to a fucking shit pit hotel hostel on the upper west side, then relocated to a place called, Park Central. Location was great and price was good. It's properly central, walking distance to Time Square and Central Park.

http://www.parkcentralny.com
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 18:41:43 »

Don't stay on Staten Island. Has to be Manhattan or you're spending all your time on ferries.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:21:41 »

As above. Stay in Manhattan. Ideally somewhere central within close proximity to times square and central park etc. I stayed in Chelsea when I went. Good location a few streets down from Madison Square Garden and about 10 mins away by foot from times square.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 19:37:58 »

Thanks all. I've found a hotel in Manhatten which looks decent. Guessing from anywhere in Manhatten it should be pretty easy to get about etc
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:39:30 »

Thanks all. I've found a hotel in Manhatten which looks decent. Guessing from anywhere in Manhatten it should be pretty easy to get about etc

Pretty much. The subway is good for longer journeys, but try to get about above ground if you can, so you see more.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 20:48:13 »

The missus and I stayed at Hotel Stanford about 18 months ago, nice and central, 2 minute walk from penn station, 15 from times square.

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 21:41:39 »

I stayed at the "New York Budget Inn" when I went last year.

IT was cheap (as the name suggests) and the location was incredible, was on 34th Street, so walking distance to pretty much everything, the only time we got the subway was to the World Trade Centre and Yankee Stadium.

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 3, 2015, 22:43:46 »

Hotel Metro, google it, amazing hotel - stunning roof top terrace too, also not too expensive!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Panda Paws

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 16:18:17 »

Went in March - loved it. Stayed at the Broome, incredible place in Soho. Depends on who you're going with but if it's a couple's thing then it's ideal, if a little punchy.

Also have a list of recommendations as long as my arm for food and drink nearer the time.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 4, 2015, 16:21:05 »

Stayed at the same place as Suggs did, and have similar things to see. A lot cheaper than a hotel, good location but obviously less comfort.

You could try looking at a hotel in Brooklyn, may be a bit cheaper than Manhattan and it's not that long on the subway

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: