Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parking ticket and appeal  (Read 5458 times)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 07:28:58 »

Apologies, I know there is a thread somewhere but I can't find it. I attended the game last night and decided to park in the industrial estate near the ground. Upon my return, there was a parking ticket on my windscreen.  Admittedly I didn't notice my surroundings and I did not see any signs regarding parking restrictions in the area.  Is it worth appealing the fine or should I just pay it?
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 08:37:55 »

Depends on who issued the ticket.

If it's a council ticket you'll have to pay.

If it's one of those private companies issuing it on behalf of their client, chuck it in the bin and never acknowledge it
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 08:46:01 »

Apologies, I know there is a thread somewhere but I can't find it. I attended the game last night and decided to park in the industrial estate near the ground. Upon my return, there was a parking ticket on my windscreen.  Admittedly I didn't notice my surroundings and I did not see any signs regarding parking restrictions in the area.  Is it worth appealing the fine or should I just pay it?
I got one last night too. There were no signs anywhere to say parking was prohibited and no markings on the road to suggest that parking wasn't allowed.
Fuck 'em.

It's All Good..............
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 08:52:36 »

It looks as if it's council issued, but like herthab said there was nothing obvious to say no parking. Out of interest where did you park?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:00:18 »

If it's council issues it should have the council information on it?

Might be worth giving them a call?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:51:39 »

It looks as if it's council issued, but like herthab said there was nothing obvious to say no parking. Out of interest where did you park?
Just as you go into the Industrial estate there was a turning on the left. I parked on the road there.

It's All Good..............
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 22:20:25 »

If it's one of those private companies issuing it on behalf of their client, chuck it in the bin and never acknowledge it

Or maybe not. The Court of Appeal ruled last week that an £85 charge by Parking Eye was enforceable - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2015/402.html

Being appealed again to the Supreme Court though.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 06:37:55 »

Council or plod....pay it unless extra special circumstances like that taxi driver that had crashed being given a ticket.

Parking eye...etc....don't acknowledge.

Parking eye is the new clamping IMO

Clems Army!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 09:32:06 »

even if its a legit one, check the details on it. I got a ticket for parking on double yellows, i knew i did it, i had not choice and was prepared to take the risk and pay the fine if i got caught.

Reading the ticket they put down the car as a VW Polo rather than a Golf.  so i appealed it and got away with it as the details on the ticket were wrong.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 30, 2015, 20:32:35 »

I got away with parking on a tarmac gateway outside the piss stain stadium.

I argued with a PIC that indeed I was not parked on a grass verge!

Clems Army!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 2, 2015, 10:14:08 »

Private Land:  I parked my wife's car in a car park.  We enjoyed a good lunch and returned 10 minutes late to find a ticket.

Had my wife been driving the car (she was with me) then my belief is that she would have been liable - or alternatively that the driver (me) would have been (if there were proof of who was driving). 

My wife simply denied having been the driver.

When pressed to identify the driver she simply declined  - as was her right on private (but not public) land.

I was a model husband whilst this was going on.  Wink
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:19:47 »

I got another ticket!!

This time in the Regent Circus Morrison car park. This one if for overstaying my allottted time. What grates with this one is there is no clear distinction between the bottom car park being for Morrisons and the top car park being for the cinema and restraunts. Although I hold my hands up to being there longer than I should, what grounds if any do I have for appealing due to lack of sign posting between the 2 venues?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 16:45:27 »

I got another ticket!!

This time in the Regent Circus Morrison car park. This one if for overstaying my allottted time. What grates with this one is there is no clear distinction between the bottom car park being for Morrisons and the top car park being for the cinema and restraunts. Although I hold my hands up to being there longer than I should, what grounds if any do I have for appealing due to lack of sign posting between the 2 venues?

Take pictures of the signage or lack of.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 07:39:23 »

I got another ticket!!

Saw this and thought of you. If you don't get a picture in of you looking sad, preferably in an alleyway behind a matress, you have failed.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13356985.Driver_is_left_puzzled_by_parking_fine/?ref=mr&lp=1
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 14:05:49 »

I'll try my best  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: