Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Ritchie.  (Read 11433 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:49:03 »

I don't care about the money or media 'love in', all I know is, that is how I want to see football played and maybe, just maybe they will make a paralyzingly, crushingly mind numbingly boring Premier League just a little bit more interesting next season. Here's hoping.

If that makes me ignorant, then so be it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:51:32 »

So for less than the Traders have spunked up the wall, Bournemouth are in the Prem where they will make shitloads of money and pay back every penny to the Russkie and still have money in the bank even if they go back to the Championship...and on a lot less than other clubs have pissed down the drain.
May not be a total fairy story but fair play to them. We'd do it if we could.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:58:51 »

They are, however, paying Kenwyne Jones 35k a week.

They lost 15m they year they got out of league 1.  11m on wages with a smaller average crowd than us.

Pleased for Matt Ritchie, great player.  Happy enough for the fans, don't like the way they've done it, but fair play to the club.  I just cant stand the media and ignorant football fans of other teams who have told me how great it is.

I agree, in general, with your point.  I do wonder though, if it happened to us - random loaded person spunks money on us, we get to the "promised land" - if we would feel it was tainted in some way.  I suspect not.  I can't help but feel happy for Bournemouth fans - they seem a decent club, they've been through dark days and they've just won the lottery.  
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:00:06 »

Bournemouth are cunts. The end.

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:04:51 »

I agree, in general, with your point.  I do wonder though, if it happened to us - random loaded person spunks money on us, we get to the "promised land" - if we would feel it was tainted in some way.  I suspect not.  I can't help but feel happy for Bournemouth fans - they seem a decent club, they've been through dark days and they've just won the lottery. 

Nah Id be lapping it up if it was us.  Hypocrite that I am.  Its the media bollocks that does me in.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:13:44 »

if it happened to us - random loaded person spunks money on us, we get to the "promised land" - if we would feel it was tainted in some way.  I suspect not.

Absolutely not. How many clubs do what Bournemouth and Brentford have done on break even? Fuck me, the top two premier league teams have spent shit loads chasing the title/champions league.

Pretty much everybody spends money they don't have trying to be successful. Its only "buying the league" if they spend more than you Smiley

Whether it will be "worth it" for Bournemouth in the long run, that will be answered in the fullness of time. Its certainly worth it in the now.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:18:11 »

They play some good stuff and I like Eddie Howe, so I'm pleased to see them get there.  Even if they implode financially in the future, at least they'll have this to look back on.

I'm still convinced we would have been promoted in 2013 if Ritchie hadn't been sold.  
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 22:31:20 »

Not sure I go with the Bournemouth jealousy.

You can't really spunk money if you get it all back, can you?  Is that not investment, particularly when allied to the choice of a talented and dedicated manager?

Do we really value financial fair play more highly than success and excitement on the pitch?

Well when it comes to the other 90 clubs the answer is yes, fair play must never be compromised.  Of that I have been certain since Black left us in the lurch.  Damn the Cherry Cheats! Angry
kerry red

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 01:39:11 »

Eddie Howe reminds me of the goody-goody school snitch whose face I'd like to pummel
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 07:12:03 »

Nowt against the player.
Irked about how he departed.
Sick of the Bournemouth miracle shit.
Exactly this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 07:35:54 »

Frankly good luck to them, riding the wave to promotion I suspect the majority of fans will not care about whatever financial foundations it is built upon, we would have been exactly the same if we had done this with Blacks money - its the fact that the wheels fell off spectacularly in our case that I suspect has made many cynical - we know from experience how quickly such a structure can collapse - and the fact that Bournemouth were probably the main immediate beneficiary of our downturn will obviously cloud many judgments - especially as they are being lauded as plucky little community Bournemouth in the media.

The media love in does grate a little, however as with all mainstream media regarding 'small' clubs its actually quite patronising to them (again I suspect they won't care). The airbrushing (or ignorance) of many facts does get my back up - little Bournemouth have done it (funded by a Russian sugar daddy who is charging them interest on his £15m a year), Eddie Howe is loyal and Bournemouth through and through (apart from when he buggered off to Burnley, couldn't hack it and then came back 2 years later). 

It will be a very interesting season, be interested what happens to the premiership money, will the owner invest in the club/ground or alternatively take money back out (like Blackpool), equally what happens to Howe, if they do poorly possible sack, if they do well bigger club comes calling.

And then its perfectly set up for Redknapp to return to his first club, phoenix like.....
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 08:12:14 »

With Twatford and Muff in the PL, all we need is Brentford to get in the POs and win them and what a trio of small clubs that would be amongst the great and the good.

Be a helluva good bet to have all 3 to come straight back down again.

I loathe Twatford most amongst them 3

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 08:24:29 »

Fair play to Richie(who has clearly got better since he left us) and ballmouth. Their budget is smaller than many teams in the championship so credit where credit is due.

Why some of our fans are bitter and critical of them after the way di canio threw money at league 2, which saw us spunking huge amounts of money at it is ironic to say the least
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 08:30:01 »

Fair play to Richie(who has clearly got better since he left us) and ballmouth. Their budget is smaller than many teams in the championship so credit where credit is due.

Why some of our fans are bitter and critical of them after the way di canio threw money at league 2, which saw us spunking huge amounts of money at it is ironic to say the least

I think you're missing the point. People don't simply dislike the fact Bournemouth spend money. It's more to do with the way they whined about Di Canio chucking the cash around, labelling Town as cheats, then did the same thing.

At least that's the way I understand it.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 08:36:19 »

I think you're missing the point. People don't simply dislike the fact Bournemouth spend money. It's more to do with the way they whined about Di Canio chucking the cash around, labelling Town as cheats, then did the same thing.

At least that's the way I understand it.
That's a bit unfair to generalise their fans like that.

Our spending in league 2 in comparison to our rivals at the time was far more than Bournemouth in comparison to their championship rivals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: