Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Ritchie.  (Read 11289 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:00:55 »

I know in the match section but no negative comments from me.
Congratulations now in the Premiership.

Top lad, top player and from Div 2.
Unbelievable and total respect.
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:06:18 »

Nowt against the player.
Irked about how he departed.
Sick of the Bournemouth miracle shit.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:06:31 »

Great player and it has to be said, a great team and a thoroughly deserved promotion.
It was still a bit painful to watch tonight though when you think that, as Reg said, it was only the season before last that we were giving them a sound tonking at the CG.

And then there's Ritchie himself. What might have been had Andrew Black not get bored with his play thing and bailed out and we'd actually managed to hold on to him. Fair play to him though, he won't be out of place in the Prem.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:07:40 »

Nowt against the player.
Irked about how he departed.
Sick of the Bournemouth miracle shit.
It's no miracle, they're just playing football how it should be played and doing it amazingly well.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:10:48 »

It's no miracle, they're just playing football how it should be played and doing it amazingly well.

With rather a lot of money.....
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:17:25 »

8 of the starting lineup were in their league 1 side, fair play to them
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:19:10 »

Yep. A fair few of their team have been grinding out careers in the lower levels of the FL.

Money didn't make them better, a good manager did.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:29:42 by Costanza » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:23:22 »

They are not MK...so...it might hurt but congrats....AND nice to see a small club get another new name in the Prem.

And the shitheads still haven't!! Smiley

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:26:21 »

Pretty sure they don't have more money than Norwich or Middlesbrough. Yes the media love in is a shitefest but it's the same every year with whoever the smallest side to go up is, was Burnley and Sean Dyche last year and it'll be someone else next.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:33:07 »

I liked him from the first time I saw him come on with less than 10 minutes to go as a sub: 0-4 at home to the Gas. Negativity radiated round the ground like only it can at the CG. 

Young and inexperienced, Ritchie still demanded the ball, wanted to work one-twos with his less than whole hearted  teammates and he never once tried to hide.  He was a cameo of positivity on a dire afternoon.

His work ethic, smashed crosses into dangerous areas and shooting skills blossomed under PDC's regime and his directness could probably enhance today's team immeasurably.  Ritchie's work off the ball as a wing back was nevertheless the cake under the icing - and that aspect of his contribution to the team would alone probably have seen us secure automatic this season.  I am delighted for him that he has achieved even better.

He never agitated for his move as far as I know and his fire sale has sullied his memory somewhat but through no fault of his own.  I would wish him very well for his future. 
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:36:27 »

Bournemouth's record transfer is 2.5 million, Fulham spent 9 mil on McCormack this summer. They have spent money, don't know how they have got away with FFP's due to small crowds but they play some very good football.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:38:42 »

I don't blame the player, and I can't really blame Bournemouth for taking advantage. I'd expect us to do the same and I'd be delighted.

Good luck to them.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:41:39 »

Its a great 'narrative' for the media to bang on about and idiots to lap up as if its a great fairytale

(I dont remember prince charming solving things by bolstering up 15 million of losses with massive loans).

Its just the type of story media and idiots love.

God help us if the franchise ever make the premier league.  Rivers of sky sports jizz will flow from every shitty fucking sports bar in the country.

Never knowingly overstated.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:45:20 »

In passing we could have had Harry Arter, Bournemouth's player of the season (Matt Ritchie notwithstanding), for £30,000 from Woking 5 years ago.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 21:46:58 »

Bournemouth's record transfer is 2.5 million, Fulham spent 9 mil on McCormack this summer. They have spent money, don't know how they have got away with FFP's due to small crowds but they play some very good football.

They are, however, paying Kenwyne Jones 35k a week.

They lost 15m they year they got out of league 1.  11m on wages with a smaller average crowd than us.

Pleased for Matt Ritchie, great player.  Happy enough for the fans, don't like the way they've done it, but fair play to the club.  I just cant stand the media and ignorant football fans of other teams who have told me how great it is.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: