Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kindles  (Read 2085 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 16:32:21 »

The wife wants one of these for her birthday... which was Saturday just past!

Quick question as I am a bit of a Luddite these days, I note I can get various storage sizes in terms of 8gb, 16gb etc.

I assume that this is only if she wants to download and watch things - which I am not sure what she will want to watch but she seems to watch most stuff on Netflix so I suspect storage wont be a big issue? So I suspect that a 16gb Fire HDX would do?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 16:38:00 »

Why not get a normal tablet with a Kindle app ?

I got my kids an Asus 7inch Tab with £50 cash back for £100 from pc world.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 16:44:21 »

I knew this would lead to more questions...  Sad

Because she has requested a Kindle, I don't know much about such things (if it was a debate re Shimano v. Campag I would be in my area of expertise) and as its now 3 days after the event I am short of time to research!
Amir

« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 16:49:45 »

The wife wants one of these for her birthday... which was Saturday just past!

Quick question as I am a bit of a Luddite these days, I note I can get various storage sizes in terms of 8gb, 16gb etc.

I assume that this is only if she wants to download and watch things - which I am not sure what she will want to watch but she seems to watch most stuff on Netflix so I suspect storage wont be a big issue? So I suspect that a 16gb Fire HDX would do?

That'll be fine.

Anything purchased onto the device will be stored on Amazon cloud anyway, so things can be moved off and on as needed.
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 16:53:34 »

I bought a Samsung Galaxy tablet which has the Kindle App
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 17:11:43 »

Find out what Kindle she wants. If she wants one for reading she won't have apps and sizes, you don't even need to think about that, it's just for books and a Kindle App on a tablet doesn't compare.

If she's specifically asked for a Kindle, she's likely not after an HD, HDX or whatever other Kindle tablet is available, she'll be after an e-reader. The Kindle Voyage is the newest and best, then there's the Paperwhite just below it.

If she likes reading that's what she's after. They have no size and fuck the spec, it does one thing and it does it perfectly.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 20:19:44 »

I knew this would lead to more questions...  Sad

Because she has requested a Kindle, I don't know much about such things (if it was a debate re Shimano v. Campag I would be in my area of expertise) and as its now 3 days after the event I am short of time to research!

Sorry. In that case as Barry said  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: