Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston North End V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 35033 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 23:08:08 »

He speaks highly of you  Cool

Ahhhh, that's nice!
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 23:26:31 »

I really can't see the comparison with the 92/93 season . Ok we might of had a bad last few games ( that season) but we have had a fucking nightmare since january.

Every player will have to raise their game to have any chance. And every fan can do tgeir part.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 23:56:13 »

My only real issue is that we are resting players, our players don't respond very well with breaks....

Maybe fringe players getting compliments will sort that out though.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 00:22:32 »

Maybe fringe players getting compliments will sort that out though.

This is one thing that wasn't mentioned by the usual dribbling moaners. Yes they might be young and fringe players but as Cooper said, they're still our future and the likes of Randall are clearly not drastically out of place with the starting XI. Surely competition for places is a good thing?

But then asking such logic of someone who thinks we should be banned from the playoffs for upsetting MKdonalds is a stretch I suppose.

I'm hoping the resting = bad form thing is just a coincidental superstition thing that happens in football but I'm not sure.. Has anyone started a rumour about Tenerife yet? Cos my neighbour who knows Curly Withers' gardener said they were out drinking all day and that MC spent training sessions teaching them to play beer pong.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 06:37:13 »

I'm sure Chris Hamon played v Luton at home that's season too, Easter Saturday? Or was that his only start? (V Barnsley). I was there at Oakwell that day, most pointless away trip ever.

He played a few times over the next couple of seasons, i even saw him score!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 07:33:50 »

I really can't see the comparison with the 92/93 season . Ok we might of had a bad last few games ( that season) but we have had a fucking nightmare since january.

Every player will have to raise their game to have any chance. And every fan can do tgeir part.

Roll Eyes

A 'fucking nightmare' wouldn't result in Town being in 4th place. Relegation or the threat of relegation is a 'fucking nightmare'.

You must have been afraid to sleep during the 2010/2011 season.

Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #276 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 09:14:09 »

They're bonkers, you mean, but I think it's a minority so "persistent negativity around the fans" is perhaps a bit harsh on the non-bonkers majority
3x Bonkers mentioned in one post, a new TEF record I feel. I don't think I have ever used the word "bonkers" in any conversation with anyone ever Cheesy

As for the game yesterday....it was fairly meaningless for us, we blooded a few younger players and gave them valuable game time just in case we need them and pissed off the plastic wankers at the Dongs so not a bad day at the orifice all in all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 09:34:04 »

not a bad day at the orifice all in all.

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 09:48:59 »

Yep orifice.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 11:31:15 »

Anyone else get sucked in on the police with batons and the Wolves fans on Wolverhampton station ?
Some crazy bastards joined our train at Wigan on way home. No bother with both my young lads proudly wearing their colours.
Mind you the train was rocking with Millwall-esq type fans fighting each other then trying to board another train at Wolverhampton to get at other fans on another train.
Held back and missed our connection thus had to catch the next train.
Long 12 hour day that was Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 11:32:24 »

9th since January - what a "fucking nightmare"

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2014-2015/between-dates
kerry red

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 11:36:05 »

Anyone else get sucked in on the police with batons and the Wolves fans on Wolverhampton station ?
Some crazy bastards joined our train at Wigan on way home. No bother with both my young lads proudly wearing their colours.
Mind you the train was rocking with Millwall-esq type fans fighting each other then trying to board another train at Wolverhampton to get at other fans on another train.
Held back and missed our connection thus had to catch the next train.
Long 12 hour day that was Smiley

Wolves fans behave like cunts shocker!
GL5 Red

« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 09:11:16 »

We lost 2-1 away, were 1 up then Smith missed an open goal, hardly a hammering.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 11:38:21 »

20th since the beginning of April Sad Though we did give up from the second half v Yeovil I suppose.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:12:15 »

20th since the beginning of April Sad Though we did give up from the second half v Yeovil I suppose.

7 wins, 2 draws and 9 defeats since 30 January. No one can deny that this is 3 months of lower midtable form. We can still pull it together for the play-offs though.  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: