Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston North End V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 35405 times)
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:25:44 »

Roll Eyes

A 'fucking nightmare' wouldn't result in Town being in 4th place. Relegation or the threat of relegation is a 'fucking nightmare'.

You must have been afraid to sleep during the 2010/2011 season.

Wink

Yeah you're right I will change it to disappointing since January
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:35:58 »

If you had reversed the order of our results so far this season - so three months of average results (Aug, Sep, Oct) followed by an upturn in form since the start of November, the mood would be very different.  As it is, we sustained promotion-winning form for 5 months with a squad made up of ‘kids’ (no disrespect intended…in fact, quite the opposite.)  Sustaining that beyond the end of January was always going to be a struggle.
I would be genuinely interested to see what a league table would look like had the season started on Feb 1st.  Does such a thing exist?  The impression I have is that during the last 3 months, our form has been ‘upper mid-table’, but I could be mistaken.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:49:04 »

If you had reversed the order of our results so far this season - so three months of average results (Aug, Sep, Oct) followed by an upturn in form since the start of November, the mood would be very different.  As it is, we sustained promotion-winning form for 5 months with a squad made up of ‘kids’ (no disrespect intended…in fact, quite the opposite.)  Sustaining that beyond the end of January was always going to be a struggle.
I would be genuinely interested to see what a league table would look like had the season started on Feb 1st.  Does such a thing exist?  The impression I have is that during the last 3 months, our form has been ‘upper mid-table’, but I could be mistaken.

Football365 used to produce such tables but seem to have stopped publishing stats since October.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
REDBUCK

« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 12:56:09 »

The link attached earlier enables you play with the dates.

2 points a game gets you near promotion, we were spot on at end of jan but took only 1 point per game in Feb and never really recovered. April screws it up a bit more.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 13:14:07 by REDBUCK » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 13:10:42 »

Somebody in another thread said our form since 1st Jan had us in 9th place, so your intuition isn't far off.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: