Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston North End V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 35453 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 21:40:27 »

Haha. That was the saving grace today. Don't expect Robinsin to be happy. Fuck him and his plastic club! No I do not give a shit  of what he is "trying to do there".
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 21:41:33 »

It will backfire, our cunning plans always backfire Smiley
Well I have to say, if you ask me now how confident I am of winning the play offs on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being 'not a snowball's chance in hell' and 10 being 'just bring out the fixtures so I can book my b+b in Brighton') I would have to have to go for about minus 17.

Fortunately, there is no logic whatsoever in football and as I've mentioned previously, we limped over the line in 92-93 and in fact I remember us playing the last game of the season at Barnsley with the legendary Channel Islander Chris Hamon playing at centre forward for his one and only STFC appearance which shows you how seriously we were taking that game. It was utterly insipid but once the play offs started it was literally a whole new ball game. We can but hope that history repeats itself.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 21:43:22 »

Haha. That was the saving grace today. Don't expect Robinsin to be happy. Fuck him and his plastic club! No I do not give a shit  of what he is "trying to do there".
To be fair, I just watched his post match interview and he didn't say anything about us playing a weakened side.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 21:50:56 »

Well I have to say, if you ask me now how confident I am of winning the play offs on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being 'not a snowball's chance in hell' and 10 being 'just bring out the fixtures so I can book my b+b in Brighton') I would have to have to go for about minus 17.

Fortunately, there is no logic whatsoever in football and as I've mentioned previously, we limped over the line in 92-93 and in fact I remember us playing the last game of the season at Barnsley with the legendary Channel Islander Chris Hamon playing at centre forward for his one and only STFC appearance which shows you how seriously we were taking that game. It was utterly insipid but once the play offs started it was literally a whole new ball game. We can but hope that history repeats itself.

I'm sure Chris Hamon played v Luton at home that's season too, Easter Saturday? Or was that his only start? (V Barnsley). I was there at Oakwell that day, most pointless away trip ever.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 21:52:14 »

To be fair, I just watched his post match interview and he didn't say anything about us playing a weakened side.

To be fair, it's not what I read on the bus home. Hope he comes nowhere near our club, regardless.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:00:58 »

I'm sure Chris Hamon played v Luton at home that's season too, Easter Saturday? Or was that his only start? (V Barnsley). I was there at Oakwell that day, most pointless away trip ever.
Just checked again on http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Squad.asp?Season=1992-1993 and yes indeed he did make an appearance against Luton but that Barnsley game was his only start. He made 2 or 3 starts over the next couple of seasons as well. Nonetheless, there are comparisons to be made between this season and 92-93. Am I clutching at straws? Probably.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:03:54 »

To be fair, it's not what I read on the bus home. Hope he comes nowhere near our club, regardless.
That's fine. I'm just saying I don't hate the bloke.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:08:11 »

Just checked again on http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Squad.asp?Season=1992-1993 and yes indeed he did make an appearance against Luton but that Barnsley game was his only start. He made 2 or 3 starts over the next couple of seasons as well. Nonetheless, there are comparisons to be made between this season and 92-93. Am I clutching at straws? Probably.

Tbh I made a similar comparison about us stumbling into the 93 play offs, hope history repeats.

On Hamon I'm sure he had a hand in the goal vs Luton, was a terrible match iirc, still the Monday more than made up for it. 93 hAs to be our greatest season, doubt I'll see a better one at the CG.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:14:28 »

Well that was an interesting day out.
Started off with a gift then settled down and really looked in control, however once again lack a cutting edge. Their keeper was never tested however a few balls put through on another day may have found the strikers running through.
Not that disappointed by the team selection as the players need resting. Don't givecaxshitbwhat MKD think. Minute silence always one dick head who causes more morons to join in.
In the middle of a riot on Wolverhampton station with battons drawn which was rather interesting.
Made us miss our connection.
Anyway our season depends on the games next week, not today or the next two games.
Finally pleased for Hartlepool.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:23:58 »

Our Play-Off run in history is indifferent and this seasons conclusion could become our worst.

With the exception of perhaps 1987 and 1989, we've never gone in to the Play-Offs in the sort of form that results in the opposition quaking in their boots.

1987: WWDDD
1989: WDWWD
1990: LWDDD
1993: WDDLL
2004: WWLLD
2010: DDDWL
2013: LLWWL
2015: LDL
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:24:08 »

Tbh I made a similar comparison about us stumbling into the 93 play offs, hope history repeats.

On Hamon I'm sure he had a hand in the goal vs Luton, was a terrible match iirc, still the Monday more than made up for it. 93 hAs to be our greatest season, doubt I'll see a better one at the CG.

Yes. Unbelievably frustrating until Bodin got the winner for the umpteenth time that season very late on. Kammy was playing for them.

Best season ever? Arguably yes. There are other contenders, it depends how you're judging it. It's quite a subjective thing really.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:36:28 »

That's fine. I'm just saying I don't hate the bloke.

I don't particularly "hate" him either. He's still a bit of a prick though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:38:50 »

I don't particularly "hate" him either. He's still a bit of a prick though.
He speaks highly of you  Cool
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:44:38 »

Off the Karl Robinson topic...

That Cooke is a big lad.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Panda Paws

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 22:53:58 »

Remember watching him for the development squad in the summer, at Fairford maybe.... He's pure pace and power.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: