Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nile Ranger  (Read 33458 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 13:00:52 »

I wouldn't. The guy is a colossal penis whose had more chances than you can shake a stick at. I think he's genially mentally unhinged or else on something.

I think his influence in the dressing room would be massively unsettling, and that's not something we need.

Good player though.

All of the above.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 13:29:04 »

Hard one to call really.  On the pitch his attitude was fantastic and he got on well with a lot of the players, coaching staff and management.  As others have highlighted though its away from the club is where his inner demons escape.  Shame really because he has the makings to be a top player.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 13:34:08 »

He was a great striker. The goal at Peterborough sums him up very well. Quick, clinical and composed.

He was best mates with Byrne, Pritchard and Gladwin while he was here and since he's left (looking at his instagram) so I'm not sure if the pull that we once had is still there. But I'm pretty sure if Cooper/Power said the word, he'd come back.

But looks like we've learned lessons regarding dealing with players like this well and used them on Vigs recently so I don't think he'd ever be welcome back here*.

* not that anyone was saying he would be.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 15:01:09 »

Sign him up on a pay as you train contract.

That's what Blackpool did!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 15:37:34 »

That's what Blackpool did!

I thought they had him on £150 a week and £33 for every minute playing, not training?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 15:52:38 »

I thought they had him on £150 a week and £33 for every minute playing, not training?

Ah, my mistake. I thought it was training.
Didn't work whatever it was!

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 20:03:52 »

HAs he gone on some sort of "how to sort your life out" course?? Putting loads of weird crap on Instagram lately too
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 20:12:33 »

HAs he gone on some sort of "how to sort your life out" course?? Putting loads of weird crap on Instagram lately too

I think that'd be more beneficial than any "pay as you play" contract - have him on a normal contract, but on the condition he regularly sees a psychologist..

Unfortunately I think his latest apology is because he's looking for a job and not that he's genuinely repentant, but is don't think it's fair to call the man a write off because of his past, either. It's a tricky one.

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 20:18:15 »

Yeah it reeks of desperation to be honest.
I know of some really nasty things he's done outside of football - he's very manipulative and takes advantage of people's good nature.
Why am I actually following him on Instagram??!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 20:39:12 »

Yeah it reeks of desperation to be honest.
I know of some really nasty things he's done outside of football - he's very manipulative and takes advantage of people's good nature.
Why am I actually following him on Instagram??!

Gossip?
 Girl Giggle

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:34:41 »

don't think it's fair to call the man a write off because of his past, either. It's a tricky one.
Hmm maybe not but it's not unreasonable to take more than a decade of being a complete gobshite into account when trying to decide whether or not he's likely to repeat that behaviour over the next 12 months or so if offered a contract here. We made that mistake once before, he remained a gobshite and has remained one since leaving here.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:51:17 »

Hmm maybe not but it's not unreasonable to take more than a decade of being a complete gobshite into account when trying to decide whether or not he's likely to repeat that behaviour over the next 12 months or so if offered a contract here. We made that mistake once before, he remained a gobshite and has remained one since leaving here.

Oh for sure - when I say it's unfair I mean it's against my personal views. It's more than logical and whilst I've given lots of people 10th, 11th chances and seen them turn their life around I've never had to invest in them like one would signing a player to a professional football team.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 06:55:30 »

No way he wrote that statement.

It doesnt say 'maaad ting' anywhere in it
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 07:43:39 »

I probably go against the general consensus here but, as a match time footballer I love Nile Ranger and think he could do a real job for us. For that reason I would like to see him back.

I know he has his demons. We all do but Nile's seem to be a lot more destructive than most. I wish we could do something to help him keep them in check and make him a viable option.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 08:33:17 »

Everyone has to grow up sometime.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: