Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nile Ranger  (Read 33361 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 21:18:09 »

http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/12911774.Serial_fraudster_Victoria_Grieve__21__gets_another__last_chance_/

How do people think we should deal with her? Just lock her up or find out if she has some psychological issue causing her to be a serial fraudster and impose mandatory treatment? If I was one of her victims, I think I'd know which option id favour. But it costs a fortune and rarely changes behaviour
Poor girl, I feel sorry for her, she can't help herself, she's the victim here, she needs help, the system's failed her... and so on and so forth.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 21:37:57 »

Poor girl, I feel sorry for her, she can't help herself, she's the victim here, she needs help, the system's failed her... and so on and so forth.

Wouldn't be a "poor girl" if she robbed £3,000 out of your account and you were given a crime number whilst she got community service.
Good news is she can pay you back £10 per week.
Do me a favour.
I would gladly take you around an old lady who got robbed of her savings from someone like this.
Yes you can say poor girl to her. Everything wrong with this soft shite of a Country.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 21:49:57 »

I believe one of the chaps defrauded is matt jones our defender
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 21:54:58 »

I believe one of the chaps defrauded is matt jones our defender

THEN KILL HER WITH FIRE!!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 21:55:45 »

Wouldn't be a "poor girl" if she robbed £3,000 out of your account and you were given a crime number whilst she got community service.
Good news is she can pay you back £10 per week.
Do me a favour.
I would gladly take you around an old lady who got robbed of her savings from someone like this.
Yes you can say poor girl to her. Everything wrong with this soft shite of a Country.

Oh my, did you not hear that sound?

It was a great big almighty WHOOSH flying over your head.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 22:04:00 »

Mental note to self...

"Duke - doesn't do irony" Cool
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 22:10:56 »

Quote from: chalkies_shorts
Speak for yourself you fascist cunt
ok, just me then.
not just you, we can be fascists together
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 22:14:04 »

It's a bit straw man that. I can understand why people get angry with crime/criminals - it's obvious. But rehabilitation doesn't say "oh poor you why don't we give you a cuddle instead of punishing you." It's a hell of a lot more complex than that.. And the goal is the same, to harm less people.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 22:26:13 »

It's a bit straw man that.

Oooh, logical fallacies. I love this game.

I agree by the way Ells, it is a strawman.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 22:29:49 »

Mental note to self...

"Duke - doesn't do irony" Cool

Blame it on cider/doombar/fosters shandy etc.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 07:21:15 »

Well, I seem to have dropped back into another TEF lynch-mob episode. I always hate it when the TEF gets its pitchforks out.

All that macho talk of manning up and taking responsibility is all very well, but I don't see what it changes. He's amply demonstrated that he's incapable of sorting himself out on his own.

OK, all joking and classic NTNON sketches aside, a few points of clarification...

People disagreeing with you doesn't make them a 'lynch mob'. They're just disagreeing.

'Manning up* and taking responsibility' isn't macho talk, it's a fundamental tenet by which people should lead their lives and too many don't. Until he does that, no amount of help is going to be any good to him. Any 'rehabilitation' has to start with him.

*Man up - is a bit of a shit phrase which I wish I hadn't used but the point remains valid.
Levi lapper

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 07:36:08 »

It costs about £50k a year to keep someone in prison, and pretty much guarantees they will never get out of the offending pattern as there is hardly any rehabilitation going on in prison.

Locking more up for longer? I'm with the wispy washy liberal shit that has some evidence base of actually working me.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 08:05:50 »

OK, all joking and classic NTNON sketches aside, a few points of clarification...

People disagreeing with you doesn't make them a 'lynch mob'. They're just disagreeing.

'Manning up* and taking responsibility' isn't macho talk, it's a fundamental tenet by which people should lead their lives and too many don't. Until he does that, no amount of help is going to be any good to him. Any 'rehabilitation' has to start with him.

*Man up - is a bit of a shit phrase which I wish I hadn't used but the point remains valid.

Seriously scary though a little rural village 3 miles from where I live, a couple in there 60's, few weeks back, early Sunday evening. Door forced open with 3 masked men beat up the old chap and demanded jewellery, cash etc.
The trauma they now face is really bad and both not coping.
This is why I vented anger as it boils my piss when I here liberal do gooders irrespective of whoosh or not. To see that couple made me both sad and very angry.
Even if they get caught they will be out in a few years as this is not deemed a long custodial sentence.
Now where is the justice in that ?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 08:16:27 »

Seriously scary though a little rural village 3 miles from where I live, a couple in there 60's, few weeks back, early Sunday evening. Door forced open with 3 masked men beat up the old chap and demanded jewellery, cash etc.
The trauma they now face is really bad and both not coping.
This is why I vented anger as it boils my piss when I here liberal do gooders irrespective of whoosh or not. To see that couple made me both sad and very angry.
Even if they get caught they will be out in a few years as this is not deemed a long custodial sentence.
Now where is the justice in that ?
What's your point? being angry about something is understandable, but isn't a solution. Prison rarely works as a deterrent and a significant number of ex prisoners re offend. There needs to be a solution that is both a punishment and a chance to rehabilitate, so those convicted don't end up in prison again, costing the rest of us to put them up at our expense.

That's not being a wishy washy liberal, that's just common sense.

It's All Good..............
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 12:26:45 »

http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/12911774.Serial_fraudster_Victoria_Grieve__21__gets_another__last_chance_/

How do people think we should deal with her? Just lock her up or find out if she has some psychological issue causing her to be a serial fraudster and impose mandatory treatment? If I was one of her victims, I think I'd know which option id favour. But it costs a fortune and rarely changes behaviour
You have to admire her industry being a serial fraudster at just 21.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: