Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nile Ranger  (Read 32960 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 17:35:09 »

Does rehabilitation work? To be honest, I'd happily pay more tax if I knew it was going to lock a lot more bastards up. I'd also abolish this crap where you serve half or less of your sentence. Let them serve the sentence and if they misbehave add more time on. I bet the vast majority of people would be happy to pay more tax if it meant more bastards locked up and for longer. If you are truly sorry for what you've done, you'll accept and serve your sentence.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 17:55:26 »

Well, I seem to have dropped back into another TEF lynch-mob episode. I always hate it when the TEF gets its pitchforks out.

No, for the avoidance of whoosh, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it's sad to witness a bright talent going to waste for the want of the mental capacity to sort himself out. All that macho talk of manning up and taking responsibility is all very well, but I don't see what it changes. He's amply demonstrated that he's incapable of sorting himself out on his own. Like I said, he seriously needs help or else it's not just a football career but his whole life that he'll flush away, taking collateral victims with him. And I was suggesting he pays for that help, by the way.

I don't really see what solution those of you who think the government wastes endless millions on trying to turn around people like Nile would suggest instead. What should have been done differently by public authorities in his case? He's been judged and punished whenever the case has been proven. Recent Home Secretaries have lengthened minimum sentences, so more criminals are spending longer in jail, with the consequences we all know. If cramming prisons with a correspondingly lower emphasis on reforming criminals is your answer, then I hope you're ready to pay a lot more for locking a lot of people up for a lot longer.

Haha! You got wooshed pauld!  Cool Now - where's me pitch fork  Hmmm
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 18:03:30 »

Whereas there are plenty of people with problems who can only help themselves with lots of help from medical professionals and prescribed medication.

I reckon there is a strong chance that if Nile were to spend some time being properly assessed psychologically, he would get a diagnosis and structured support.

Totally agree with this, and Red Frog to an extent. I'm a trainee [forensic] psychologist, so I might be a bit biased, but I fear it should have happened a long time ago, and being a pro-footballer is a pretty toxic environment for someone like that.

Oh, and "does rehabilitation work"? It works a hell of a lot better than prison, unless you think Ranger should be locked up forever. He's not suddenly going to be shocked into behaving like a model citizen because you give him 10 years instead of 5. The root cause of his offending needs to be addressed, or he'll keep reoffending. Not that simple in practice of course, but giving someone like him treatment isn't a "wishy-washy" option to get them out of serving time, it's to stop them doing it again.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 18:05:28 »

Enough wishy washy spineless liberal bollocks. The answer is right here...

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 20:21:00 »

I'm a trainee [forensic] psychologist
Careful there, Els, we don't want no namby pamby  experts on here.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/aug/30/childprotection.society
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 20:28:56 »

Quality!! Classic....

Clems Army!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 06:20:10 »

Smiley

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 08:31:36 »

I bet the vast majority of people would be happy to pay more tax if it meant more bastards locked up and for longer.

Speak for yourself you fascist cunt
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 10:50:26 »

Speak for yourself you fascist cunt
ok, just me then.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:39:24 »

I'm really not sure what is fascist about wanting the wronguns out there suitably punished / reprimanded / rehabilitated for sufficiently long enough to make them valuable members of society.

The only person here who is probably fascist is the person shouting fascist inappropriately. IMO...

UAF ( Unite Against Fascists ) funnily enough is run as a Fascist organisation the way they operate. Shouting down free speech and ideologies that do not fit in with there leftist superlatives at every opportunity.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
kerry red

« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 16:54:17 »

It's the wishy washy liberal crap that has fucked the country right up.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 17:57:31 »

http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/12911774.Serial_fraudster_Victoria_Grieve__21__gets_another__last_chance_/

How do people think we should deal with her? Just lock her up or find out if she has some psychological issue causing her to be a serial fraudster and impose mandatory treatment? If I was one of her victims, I think I'd know which option id favour. But it costs a fortune and rarely changes behaviour
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 18:47:37 »

* untitled.bmp (468.8 KB, 400x400 - viewed 195 times.)

Roaming the land while you sleep..
REDBUCK

« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 18:54:12 »

Have "I'm a serial fraudster" tattooed on her forehead.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 24, 2015, 19:05:52 »

It's the wishy washy liberal crap that has fucked the country right up.

Spot on.
Tough World out there and with open market trading you have to be competitive to survive.
Sad but true, you are on your own and people need to understand that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: