Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24874 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 12:01:24 »

I think we should be treating the preston match like a playoff match. it has the importance to preston that they will treat it like one and I think we should do the same. Obviously there is a high chance we could face preston in the playoffs as well.

What's the point of going all out blood and guts etc for the players to over excert themselves and somebody picks an injury, but saying that I would like to beat them just for the players to get the feeling of beating one of the top teams recently.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 12:17:40 »

What's the point of going all out blood and guts etc for the players to over excert themselves and somebody picks an injury, but saying that I would like to beat them just for the players to get the feeling of beating one of the top teams recently.

Because if we overcome them then we probably get them in the final should we make it there.

Does that outweigh resting up players? Who knows.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 12:36:44 »

We need to get some intensity back to our play and show Preston we can compete. Cruise against we hand them a psychological advantage if we meet again. We can't pick and choose which games we are up for now as we need to find form sharpish
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 13:56:04 »

Someone needs to tell Dean Smith the ball going out of play doesn't stop a foul being a foul.....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 16:17:41 »

When we upped the pace in the second half we started to ask Walsall a lot more questions. Before then, apart from the first 10 minutes we were easy to play against. Hylton changed the game and Randall has a bit of pace also. Positive signs from those two at least!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spud

« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 16:32:15 »

Someone needs to tell Dean Smith the ball going out of play doesn't stop a foul being a foul.....

If that first penalty had been given against us, I'd be fuming.

We moved up the Stratton Bank end of the DRS for the 2nd half. We were bang in line with it and it wasn't a penalty.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 16:52:36 »

Just seen the highlights on Player. Woeful defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals and as for the first.....but then Wes did make a great save at the end to deny Walsall a win. Gladwin has blossomed recently though.....pity it's coincided with the run of bad form.

Where did they drag the commentator up from? What a prick! "Is the sun setting on Swindon's automatic promotion hopes?" he said as we got a view of the setting sun. And he needs to learn how to pronounce Foderingham as well.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 18:02:29 »

YouTube highlights

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 21:07:56 »

YouTube highlights

Just watched that... How that first one is a pen I'll never know. Less of a pen than than the one against Posh and that was a fucking gift.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 21:13:57 »

Yep, never a pen in a million years.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 00:09:23 »

I know it's all if buts and maybes but that's what football is all about: would we be comfortably 2nd in the league of gladwin had been our pen taker all season, assuming he continued to bang them all in like he has?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 06:30:23 »

Yep, never a pen in a million years.

I think 80% of the Swindon crowd were left shrugging their shoulders at the time, the other 20% didn't care why. But we assumed we were too far away to see something that must have happened. Turns out we weren't.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 06:38:04 »

You actually have to feel embarassed for the ref on that pen decision. Pathetic.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 06:52:37 »

You actually have to feel embarassed for the ref on that pen decision. Pathetic.

Still tempted to send Williamson an email thanking him for his splendid effort.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 07:05:49 »

From the TE it didn't look a pen!!

Never mind...

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: