Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24980 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:36:54 »

Not a great game but I enjoyed the last half an hour. All 3 of their goals were mistakes and we struggled to do anything of note in open play. Hylton offers something the other 3 strikers don't but is still very raw. Could be a handy sub in the play offs if needed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:40:46 »

With such a leaky defence would it not be worth trying a back four of Ricketts, Turnbull, Stephens and Thompson in at least one of the last 3 games??

It might, but that's not going to happen this late in the season.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:42:06 »

Only thing that worries me about the play offs is the players heads dropping if we go a goal down.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:42:37 »

With such a leaky defence would it not be worth trying a back four of Ricketts, Turnbull, Stephens and Thompson in at least one of the last 3 games??

Be very surprised If he doesn't experiment, although I guess we'll use anything that looks like the players are comfortable with as a Plan B. The current Plan B has been to try and win at any cost and hasn't quite come off recently.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:43:43 »

Agree with most of stuff said, leaky defence is big problem. Hopefully Wes and Ricketts mistakes out the way for playoffs. Hylton has to be given a fair go now for a few games, would partner him with Obika. Thought Randall was lively when he came on and better than Toffolo who had a poor game. Byrne was very good tonight, until final ball.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:50:54 »

Be very surprised If he doesn't experiment, although I guess we'll use anything that looks like the players are comfortable with as a Plan B. The current Plan B has been to try and win at any cost and hasn't quite come off recently.

Didnt Cooper say that going one up top a few weeks ago ( home IIRC ) was his plan B  Hmmm that fans called for.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:54:49 »

He was telling us bits at the dinner, which I was referring to, but like any manager he'll have b'c'd etc, depends on circumstances and personnel available, if he has the option in game.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 22:07:57 »

Half full? Half empty?

Half empty for me.

Fucking woeful defending.

Pissed all over Walsall, didn't score thanks to a couple of worldy saves...they scored after Fods played Patsy and then went to rat shit.

Formation wasn't working but agent cooper stuck with it and only changed things when we were two down.

Not impressed with Ricketts (wtf was he doing setting up that goal) Kasim and Gladwins defensive play.

Impressed with Paris, who showed what terror www can cause if you play direct football at speed.

Play offs are a lottery, so I don't give a fuck who we get. Defend like that and we only have another two legs left in us.

At least we didn't lose..... A consolation...

Clems Army!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 23:22:41 »

Only thing that worries me about the play offs is the players heads dropping if we go a goal down.

This seems to be a recent thing.  I don't know why? 

We wouldn't have got anything from the game if Hylton and Randall hadn't come on, as the majority of the team had lost interest by then.

We will have to score first in the play off games to have any chance. 
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 08:03:49 »

Noddy Holder is from Walsall I believe. Going tonight but rapidly losing my mojo. Walsall along with Wolves were very impressive at the CG last season. It would just be good to see a decent home performance. Can see quite a low crowd tonight.

Goldie is also from Walsall.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 08:22:04 »

We have achieved a play off spot, there's nothing to play for until then. The players will probably coast for the last 3 games of the season proper, as there's nothing to be gained in any of them.

I don't think we'll see them performing as slackly as they have been over the last 2 games when the semi's arrive.

I also don't get the negativity that Cooper still seems to engender in some. Look back at people's expectations before the season started, then look at our position in the table. I'll be gutted if we don't go up, but does anyone seriously think there's another manager out there who would've gotten us to 4th in the league with the resources at our disposal?

It's All Good..............
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 08:46:35 »

I was really impressed with Hylton last night. I'd heard he was quick but never really saw him use his pace until last night. I hope he gets some game time before the PO's, if he is zipping around like he did last night he could be useful.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 11:45:14 »

So last night was a bit poo then?
Good to hear Hylton and Randall having good games - Like

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 11:49:36 »

We have achieved a play off spot, there's nothing to play for until then. The players will probably coast for the last 3 games of the season proper, as there's nothing to be gained in any of them.

I don't think we'll see them performing as slackly as they have been over the last 2 games when the semi's arrive.

I also don't get the negativity that Cooper still seems to engender in some. Look back at people's expectations before the season started, then look at our position in the table. I'll be gutted if we don't go up, but does anyone seriously think there's another manager out there who would've gotten us to 4th in the league with the resources at our disposal?

I think we should be treating the preston match like a playoff match. it has the importance to preston that they will treat it like one and I think we should do the same. Obviously there is a high chance we could face preston in the playoffs as well.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 11:51:04 »

The referee, Iain Williamson, works for the same company as I do and is based in same building too.

I'll send him an email tomorrow thanking him for the sympathy penalty.

Dont do that what if we end up with him on the PO's it will be your fault for any dodgy decisions he gives :>)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: