Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24985 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 20:37:35 »

Hylton gets MOTM after a 20 minutes cameo.  That says a lot

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 20:44:11 »

Hylton gets MOTM after a 20 minutes cameo.  That says a lot

It was a bit more than 20 minutes but it just says that we were shit for the first 55 minutes.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 20:49:34 »

So Town were shite until some fringe players who want to force their way into the first team came on?

Autos have gone, playoffs guaranteed; it was always likely that it could go that way. I just hope that it doesn't turn into an utter lack of momentum leading to a limp semi final exit.

"Absolute Calamity!"
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 20:52:54 »

Be interesting to see how much they try at Preston who will be a bag of nerves if we score first up there.

This is Swindon so we will probably win there and then lose the final two matches against the shit at the bottom as usual.
DMR

« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 20:55:19 »

Anyone who thinks we're getting anything at Preston is deluded...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 20:58:38 »

Anyone who thinks we're getting anything at Preston is deluded...

Quoted. (Just in case).

It's All Good..............
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:02:42 »

Just don't know what we're gonna get from this side.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:06:36 »

Just don't know what we're gonna get from this side.

On recent form against sides of that calibre, we'll lose 3-0.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:09:11 »

Will we hear from PNEthor before Saturday? Dare he goad us? I envisage a little more heart surgery for the poor chap.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:12:28 »

I fear for Town at PNE.

Who knows...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:24:19 »

Yet another total fucking defensive shambles. Apart from the 3 goals they cut us open several times. Once the first goal went in our heads went down. I'd like to see the first penalty as it looked like a really shit decision from where I was but Gladwin took it well. We then got another soft penalty but it was penalty which gladwin took well again. then we go and fuck it up yet again and then we swing in a beauty of a cross and lo and behold, a goal. I can't remember a worse 3-3. It should have been exciting, it wasn't. Hylton was MOM for me. He came on and was really lively. Lots of poor performances tonight.
The worrying thing is we played 6 across the middle and the midfield didn't support the defence or the front line.
The only hope I can see in the play offs is to go gung ho and hope for the best as this defence just can't cope with any type of attack.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:24:50 »

Quoted. (Just in case).

Ffs don't quote...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:26:30 »

An honest opinion would be bright opening, followed by a period in which we lost our way and managed to show our suicidal defending not one, not twice but three times and saw an uncharacteristic fluff from Wes.

When you put 6 in midfield some of that midfield have to help out the defence. Much as I think Toffolo is a very good player, he did not have his best game tonight and abandoned his defensive duties. Add my MOM Byrne on the other wing and its easy to see how Walsall got too much space, and yet again we seemed to let them cross at will rather than close them down.

But by god the last 20 minutes were exciting. The substitutions were the catalyst to lifting the gloom, the withdrawl of the limited Rodgers and the pace and enthusiasm of Hylton brought us back into it. A dodgy pen, a definite pen and a set piece goal probably papers overs the cracks. But you know what, a lot of the game is played in the head and anything that lifts the fans and the team is OK by me.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:27:02 »

Yet another total fucking defensive shambles. Apart from the 3 goals they cut us open several times. Once the first goal went in our heads went down. I'd like to see the first penalty as it looked like a really shit decision from where I was but Gladwin took it well. We then got another soft penalty but it was penalty which gladwin took well again. then we go and fuck it up yet again and then we swing in a beauty of a cross and lo and behold, a goal. I can't remember a worse 3-3. It should have been exciting, it wasn't. Hylton was MOM for me. He came on and was really lively. Lots of poor performances tonight.
The worrying thing is we played 6 across the middle and the midfield didn't support the defence or the front line.
The only hope I can see in the play offs is to go gung ho and hope for the best as this defence just can't cope with any type of attack.

It's a trend for sure. Go in front, unbeatable, go behind and were not that good a lot of the time. Lets hope we score first for 3 games.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:36:54 »

With such a leaky defence would it not be worth trying a back four of Ricketts, Turnbull, Stephens and Thompson in at least one of the last 3 games??
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: