Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24548 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 03:41:54 »

After Saturday's debacle, it feels like I need to step in again and put things back on track. I've racked my brains and can think of no-one and nothing of distinction from Walsall. Decent manager though. Used to quite like Fellows Park but the new stadium is all a bit Playmobil.

We'll struggle as usual at home against well-organised opposition but will eventually prevail 2-1 (Gladwin, Obika).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 06:10:37 »

Noddy Holder is from Walsall I believe. Going tonight but rapidly losing my mojo. Walsall along with Wolves were very impressive at the CG last season. It would just be good to see a decent home performance. Can see quite a low crowd tonight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 06:18:38 »

I predict a sausage and chips football special, a hobble to and from the county ground after somehow hurting my knee cycling yesterday. and an early night for purposes of sleep when I get home.

not really bothered by today's game.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 06:21:26 »

Cant see a performance or a result like the one up at Walsall.
If Yeovil can make us look like a bunch of strangers, what will Walsall do?
Cut the shit introduce a plan B, Speed it up.
REDBUCK

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 06:25:27 »

A nod to David Kelly who regularly bought pain and heartache to the 82's
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 06:27:17 »

I remember a great away day at walsall a few years back.

Involved a trip to birmingham airport for a certain forum member...
REDBUCK

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 06:32:08 »

Oh and it'll be more of the same tonight, saving players for the play offs. More game time for Rodgers me thinks and a low quiet  crowd waiting for season end
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 07:03:31 »

I remember a great away day at walsall a few years back.

Involved a trip to birmingham airport for a certain forum member...
Doh Doh Bye Bye
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 07:42:27 »

A nod to David Kelly who regularly bought pain and heartache to the 82's

Loved seeing that headline in the Western 'City' Press after Kelly smashed them that season.

Back on track tonight please with a win. At least it won't snow!

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 07:58:41 »

We'll win, I won't be attending  Wink
kerry red

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 08:03:00 »

My only voluntary absence this season.

Feel a bit guilty but I need a break from that sideways, passing for passing's sake, tippy tappy nonsense.

I fear there will be plenty of others abstaining tonight - could be an embarrassing sub-6000 crowd
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 10:38:28 »

Loved seeing that headline in the Western 'City' Press after Kelly smashed them that season.

Back on track tonight please with a win. At least it won't snow!

I remember that....both sides won the away leg to give an aggregate score of 3-3, no pens then, but a third game like we had v Gills....Saddlers won 4-0  Smiley

Walsall's James Hayter (the only good thing about Sat was that cunt didn't score the 1) is Alan Buckley.  Bucko socred 9 for them v Town in 11 games over a 10 year period form 74-84.

I've known a few Saddlers fans down the years and they've been a decent bunch as was Bucko....Noddy Holder kind of sums them up...

Lowest crowd of the season tonight I'd have thought....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 11:06:55 »

About to head up for this one. Shame its a dead rubber but missed my football fix recently.

Think it'll be a draw 1-1.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 11:08:43 »

I'll be getting the train over from Bath after work. Looking forward to returning to my seat in Arkell's after my recent trips to the Town End and DRS.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 11:17:39 »

I remember that....both sides won the away leg to give an aggregate score of 3-3, no pens then, but a third game like we had v Gills....Saddlers won 4-0  Smiley

Walsall's James Hayter (the only good thing about Sat was that cunt didn't score the 1) is Alan Buckley.  Bucko socred 9 for them v Town in 11 games over a 10 year period form 74-84.

I've known a few Saddlers fans down the years and they've been a decent bunch as was Bucko....Noddy Holder kind of sums them up...

Lowest crowd of the season tonight I'd have thought....
Alan Buckley was a real thorn in our side. Great striker who knew where the goal was. Had reasonable success as a manager. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: