Poll
Question: Do you currently smoke?
yes - 13 (14.6%)
no - 76 (85.4%)
Total Voters: 78

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smokers?  (Read 12805 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 06:50:36 »

Never smoked, never felt the desire or need to smoke even though my mum and dad both smoked 20+ a day.

My wife quit when a pack of 20 cigarettes went up to £2 she went cold turkey and just gave up, she says she hasn't missed it at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 07:54:56 »

I quit at the beginning of last year.

I am now addicted to nicotine gum.
Barry Scott

« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 08:18:52 »

I gave up in 2010, cold turkey. I've had the odd fag here and there, but having attempted to give up previously, on several occasions, I know it's a slippery slope if you have the odd fag and luckily have never allowed the habit to reform.

I do still miss it on occasion though.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 08:21:11 »

Never smoked, never felt the desire or need to smoke even though my mum and dad both smoked 20+ a day.

My wife quit when a pack of 20 cigarettes went up to £2 she went cold turkey and just gave up, she says she hasn't missed it at all.
Same as that regarding parents, both smoked, I tried it once when i was much younger, didn't like it and could see nothing in it!  Wife never smoked!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 08:35:19 »

I don't mind people using vaping as a tool to give up. But what I've seen more and more of is people using it as an excuse to smoke inside and be just as anti social as they used to be with fags. I know it's only water vapour,  but it's been in your mouth and nose so excuse me if I'm not happy to have it blown in my face. I'm also of the opinion that if you vape as much as you used to smoke it's not really giving up. It's just replacing one habit with another.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 09:07:17 »

Yep, I smoke! Anywhere between 10-40 a day depending if I'm on the beers or not. If I go out I can get through a packet of 20 in no time!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 09:11:17 »

I'm a yes. I basically smoke when I like though. Stopped for a few months on those vape things, but ended up feeling worse than when I was smoking so I generally just buy a packet when I feel like it. If I'm not drinking then 10 ciggies might last me 3 days. I can easily get through 10 - 15 on a football saturday, but I've not had one since then and don't feel any ill effects or withdrawal symptoms .
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:01:40 »

Smoke socially, pint and a fag is an enjoyable combination for me.

Vape during others times should i get a craving.  Not doubt it's only a matter of time until an over the top ban of vaping in certain places comes into place.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:41:05 »

"Vaping" I don't have a problem with, but I've experienced several people that think because it's not a traditional cigarette it's ok to use it anywhere they want - like in a restaurant or I've even seen someone use one during a business meeting.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:54:35 »

I prefer vaping to smoking and haven't smoked since mid-January thanks to that.

Although I'm enjoying vaping less and less. I think I may stop altogether soon for that reason.
Combe Down

« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 21:46:09 »

Can you get a mortgage if you own up to smoking?
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 22:19:02 »

I prefer vaping to smoking and haven't smoked since mid-January thanks to that.

Although I'm enjoying vaping less and less. I think I may stop altogether soon for that reason.

It's a good year to give up smoking and vaping. Next year the EU tobacco products directive will come into force and make things much more difficult for vaping.

Interesting to see the tobacco industry, the pharmaceutical industry and the government all join forces to kill vaping. For the government £9bn in tobacco tax income v less than £3bn in smoking related problems spent by the health authorities. No surprises there.

For the record I've tried all sorts of stuff to give up. I like vaping but it's not the answer.

Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 02:15:44 »

I have smoked since I was 11 years old. I currently smoke 40+ per day. I also vape to cut down on my cigarette consumption, yet that is failing due to the lack of a "kick". I have been clinically diagnosed as suffering from "severe nicotine addiction". And, since I have "contacts" whereby I only pay £3 for a pack of 20 fags I am not really bothered.

Deep down, I should give more consideration to my health. So should people who eat food with large quantities of saturated fat. So should people who (supposedly) drink too much. Add on all the other health scares we are told about.

I have a grandfather who gave up smoking aged 22/23 yet died of lung cancer aged 69.
My ex-wife died of lung cancer aged 34 yet never smoked.
My father died aged 79 from emphysema and smoked heavily.

Years ago, Gordon Brown (in his Budget), stated that 50 pence per packet of cigarettes would be directly donated to the NHS. Can anyone provide an update on that ?
The Government stands between a rock and a hard place. It enjoys the the revenues from tobacco sales yet is morally obliged to take legislative action to force us to quit.

We're all going to die soon, so who gives a fuck. As long as Franchise do before I do.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 09:08:03 »

Can you get a mortgage if you own up to smoking?

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 13:26:21 »

20 a day here

Jump to: