Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play Off Semi final...  (Read 3940 times)
GL5 Red

« on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:16:44 »

Fully expect to be paired with Sheffield United and away leg on the Thursday.  What do you think we would take?  Surely at least 1500?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:22:07 »

1500, should be but a Thursday in Sheffield....and I assume its on Sky?

Thing is, the way things are going the first leg might be our best chance of gaining a winning position Smiley
GL5 Red

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:28:24 »

Both legs are on the Thursday so unsure if they pick 1 or show both. Irrespective of sky, hope we take a healthy following.  Sheffield United not playing well so if we actually turn up then like you say we could get a result.  Just hop Cooper gets the team right, Rodgers and Smith simply not good enough for the first 11.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:37:49 »

All the semi finals get shown on Sky these days.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:16:24 »

"The fixtures for the semi-finals have been confirmed following discussions with Sky Sports, who will be broadcasting all ties live."
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/dates-for-sky-bet-football-league-play-offs-confirmed-2323292.aspx#jBupccdBPvtxXPs0.99

I'd hate to be playing someone like Sheff Utd away in the 2nd leg, would have not been confident of standing up to the likely onslaught if we'd taken a small lead up there.  Quietly confident the other way around, as it will now be.  Doubt either Sheff Utd or Chesterfield will go hell of leather in the home leg, both wary of our style of play.  That means even on a bad performance I'd reckon we'd go into the home game with confidence and against teams that couldn't just rely on shutting up shop.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 11:08:08 »

May 7th becomes an even more momentous day. We could get a win at Bramall Lane and see the back of Cameron, with Clegg losing his Sheffield seat thrown in for good measure.
swindonremo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:52:25 »

However, we either play the second leg on Sunday 10th or Monday 11th. Which date do you think we will play, as we'll probably finish 4th

COYR
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 21:01:37 »

However, we either play the second leg on Sunday 10th or Monday 11th. Which date do you think we will play, as we'll probably finish 4th

Talk is that a 4th place finish will give us the Monday night game for the 2nd leg.
DMR

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 21:02:11 »

May 7th becomes an even more momentous day. We could get a win at Bramall Lane and see the back of Cameron, with Clegg losing his Sheffield seat thrown in for good measure.

I'll lay a few quid that none of those happen!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 21:10:38 »

I'll lay a few quid that none of those happen!

Do it with Bet365....Stoke chairman Peter Coates owner of aforementioned company, is a lifelong Labour supporter and donor.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 08:48:52 »

Talk is that a 4th place finish will give us the Monday night game for the 2nd leg.

I thought it was always to do with who finishes when? Don't Sky have a pretty huge say in when what games are when?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 12:40:22 »

I thought it was always to do with who finishes when? Don't Sky have a pretty huge say in when what games are when?

The Sunday/Monday second leg is nothing to do with where you finish. Down to police, clubs, FL and Sky. I'm working Monday night, so you can pretty much gaurantee it'll be then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: