Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27654 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:16:45 »

I think away first in the play offs will suit our style of play. Chesterfield or Sheffield will have to come at us and if we can survive the onslaught in first 20 mins then we should be able to exploit space and pick them off. Our possession game should help us keep control of the game if we can cut out silly goals.

If we can take a first leg lead or draw then we are unlikely to face the park the bus approach which undoes us. However, if we have to chase the game then we might struggle unless our strikers find form sharpish.

I can see the play offs panning out like Tranmere in 1993 and hopefully we can fire into an early lead like then and keep our noses in front for the rest of the tie.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:33:19 »

We should have had an automatic place secured by now with the team we have and the way we have ripped teams apart etc. there are numerous variables to contend with when the season starts eg. Change of manager, key injuries, poor reffing decisions, bad luck, ill timed postponements and suspensions. I don't have the time or inclination to trawl over every yellow & red card thus season. What I will add is that some fall in to the poor reffing and bad luck category, however, team discipline has been a major factor. The amount of needless bookings we incurred is very poor and must improve next season irrespective of the division we will be in. Actually if promoted it will be imperative that we wise up as they fall over with a stiff breeze in the championship and a light breeze in the premiership.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #212 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 06:10:30 »

Our possession game should help us keep control of the game if we can cut out silly goals.

If we can take a first leg lead or draw then we are unlikely to face the park the bus approach which undoes us.
Cut out the silly goals - this is most unlikely as we appear totally incapable of doing this.
As for park the bus at the CG - the Pikeys and Franchise didn't do this and both won quite comfortably.

REDBUCK

« Reply #213 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 06:35:18 »

Then again neither did Shef Utd or Preston
REDBUCK

« Reply #214 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 06:47:04 »

We should have had an automatic place secured by now with the team we have and the way we have ripped teams apart etc. .

So exactly how many teams have we done this to consistently over the season to make you think this. This team is in roughly the right league position I feel for the football we've played. At home we have generally the same pattern of play sometimes it works others not, we've been inconsistent lurching from great to poor. If we are off our game or teams are set up to frustrate we have generally struggled and not been able to solve the problem.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 07:32:16 »

http://thefootballneutral.com/2015/04/19/the-football-neutral-match-forty-seven-swindon-town-vs-yeovil-town/
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #216 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 08:37:57 »

Was gonna post that Tans. Nice shout out for Jaybox and considering the atmosphere on Saturday was hardly the best not a bad 'review '
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 08:47:38 »

I was going to post this today. He's a comedian I met after he supported Mick Foley on his stand up tour in Bath and stayed in touch ever since via Twitter. Had a good chat over the red ribbon separating the Town End and DRS.

He enjoyed re-telling the story of Wembley heartbreak against us. He's going to Oxford next week I think so I made a point of not getting too into it Wink.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: