Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28087 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:08:53 »

Well at least that removes the painful hope of automatic promotion.

Terrible 2nd half.

Had someone sat behind me in the first half, probably in his late 60's, who whined the entire first half before culminating in the line "go on Yeovil, score, that'll show us".  The closest I've come to hitting a pensioner since accidently knocking some old bloke off his feet and smashing his glasses at Bristol City away in 2006 (I was very drunk).  Had to move in the 2nd half, which given the performance was probably a very good decision.

Rest up for the play offs now.  Hate MK to go up but would prefer Preston in the play offs and think we've got an excellent chance against either Sheff Utd or Chesterfield.  Neither will do a Yeovil on us and neither is easily able to do a Franchise on us.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:20:58 »

A reflection after yesterday and I cannot disagree with what other posters have said, yes they parked the bus but the wrong Swindon turned up - again!  We were so flat and a lack of pace just made it 90 minutes of endurance for the fans!  Summed it up for me that on Yeovil's first real attack after about 35 minutes they actually had five men forward, we won the ball and instead of a couple of quick incisive passes we just walked the ball up to their penalty area, where it all broke down again.  What has happened to the team that cut Sheff. Utd to ribbbons?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:47:00 »

Almost looked liked we only wanted to be in the play offs yesterday. Cooper almost seemed resigned to it before we even kicked a ball before the game. Maybe we're banking on a load of extra revenue through the play offs.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:51:08 »

Didn`t see that coming - can`t figure out why Gladwin was playing on the left wing for the second half when he is so right footed....what was that all about. Rodgers should have been replaced at half time. If Smith is going to play he needs to sticker to being a centre forward not wander about aimlessly - I can only presume they thought they would win just by turning up - I wish I hadn`t.....

Bathtime
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 10:19:45 »

My first game for 2 years. The flash is correct.
Nice to see flash,jutty and victor.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 13:44:50 »

Well at least that removes the painful hope of automatic promotion.

Terrible 2nd half.

Had someone sat behind me in the first half, probably in his late 60's, who whined the entire first half before culminating in the line "go on Yeovil, score, that'll show us".  The closest I've come to hitting a pensioner since accidently knocking some old bloke off his feet and smashing his glasses at Bristol City away in 2006 (I was very drunk).  Had to move in the 2nd half, which given the performance was probably a very good decision.

Rest up for the play offs now.  Hate MK to go up but would prefer Preston in the play offs and think we've got an excellent chance against either Sheff Utd or Chesterfield.  Neither will do a Yeovil on us and neither is easily able to do a Franchise on us.

Serious?   No

Now, ain't that just like me?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 15:15:11 »

What has happened to the team that cut Sheff. Utd to ribbbons?

They beat Rochdale 4-2 on Tuesday.

Let's not forget that arguably one of, if not the best performances of the season was only a few days ago
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 16:21:52 »

4 out of 7 home losses is the worry, no wonder Cooper isn't bothered about home tie being 2nd.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 16:29:29 »

They beat Rochdale 4-2 on Tuesday.

Let's not forget that arguably one of, if not the best performances of the season was only a few days ago
Good answer.Yes

I can see the play offs going one of two ways.

Either - The whole play off scenario suits our playing style perfectly (i.e. teams just going all out for the win with no 'parking the bus' bollocks) and we absolutely blow the opposition away in all three games.

Or - The players go into the semi final first leg looking like they've never kicked a ball before. We go 3-0 down in the first 10 minutes and it's game/play offs/season over before we've even got started.

Obviously, I hope that it's scenario 1 which we see unfold (or something approaching it) but bizarrely, they are both equally plausible.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 16:46:29 »

Unfortunately everyone will do their homework on us , realise our weaknesses which has happened regularly lately and play accordingly. We on the other hand continue to play the same way so unless we raise our game we are going to struggle.

I am a pessimistic cunt but I really cant see how we will be able to play the way we do without giving goals away . Sorry.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 17:13:23 »

Good answer.Yes

I can see the play offs going one of two ways.

Either - The whole play off scenario suits our playing style perfectly (i.e. teams just going all out for the win with no 'parking the bus' bollocks) and we absolutely blow the opposition away in all three games.

Or - The players go into the semi final first leg looking like they've never kicked a ball before. We go 3-0 down in the first 10 minutes and it's game/play offs/season over before we've even got started.

Obviously, I hope that it's scenario 1 which we see unfold (or something approaching it) but bizarrely, they are both equally plausible.

I think you wouldn't mind playing us over 2 legs, as we give teams a chance, and can ship a few. It's entirely possible that we may lose out in the first away leg, but also possible that things might click and we'll take either Blades or Chesterfield apart.

I'm still of a mind that our next season rebuild will be better suited to Div 3 anyway....so we've a free shot as far as I'm concerned.
kerry red

« Reply #206 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 17:28:34 »

Yesterday reminded me of the game where we were bottom and, I think, already relegated from the Championship and beat Charlton away 1-0 who were top and on their way to the PL.

As regards the POs - our home form, and performances, worry the shit out of me.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 17:46:13 »

Yesterday reminded me of the game where we were bottom and, I think, already relegated from the Championship and beat Charlton away 1-0 who were top and on their way to the PL.

As regards the POs - our home form, and performances, worry the shit out of me.

I was there.....took the lead from a keeper og and our goal was a Coconut shy for 85 minutes.

False hope as we were fucked anyway but enjoyed the day!!

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 18:02:43 »

That was the season from hell - into administration, any decent player flogged off on the cheap and we won 8 games all season.

But, interestingly, both Stockport and Grimsby finished above us and survived in the Championship.

Also Tranmere who look like following them into oblivion this season
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 19:21:43 »

That was the season from hell - into administration, any decent player flogged off on the cheap and we won 8 games all season.

But, interestingly, both Stockport and Grimsby finished above us and survived in the Championship.

Also Tranmere who look like following them into oblivion this season
And yet there are some people who will tell you Jimmy Quinn did a shit job for us but I would challenge absolutely anyone to have kept us up under those circumstances.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: