Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28108 times)
DMR

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 23:02:55 »

Well that was pump.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 04:04:24 »

Well that was utter shit.

4D is a fucking jinx.

No real highlights for me at all.

I will now read back...

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 04:13:46 »

What was the gate....can't see it on bbc website?

Clems Army!
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 05:44:35 »

8490 (284 away)
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:14:03 »

They were playing 6 (six) at the back at times yesterday and 5 with 4 central midfielders. Which completely took Gladwin out of where he's been so affective lately and we had nowhere to go. I thought Swift should've been on for Rodgers at half time, we didn't need someone anchoring midfield like he does. Not that any of that is an excuse for the pace we played at. It did seem that we were going to paste them in the first 15 mins but they settled into their new system that Sturrock deployed and did a good job of it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:25:33 »

No doubt Yeovil packed things out and made it very difficult. Still expected us to throw the kitchen sink in an effort to save our regular season though. Maybe we are just missing a leader, maybe they just can't play that way.

Just saw the goal on TV. Yes Obika lost it, they still had it a bit easy from thereon, we were a bit stretched in numbers I suppose. Looks like Wes saw it late to me, you don't beat him like that if he sees it OK.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:27:38 »

I know I wasn't there and all that but I've a suggestion.....

Perhaps, maybe, Yeovil under a new manager and with no pressure on them did a number on us? Maybe we weren't that bad, rather they just did a good job and made us look bad? It does happen.

They did what they needed to do but we made it easy for them. As Chalkie said a few weeks back we have to try so hard to score but give chance after chance at the other end. Hence why we won't go up cos better teams will punish us more.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:35:38 »

I'm pretty sure Orient would have set out to 'do a job' on MK yesterday and yet that game had a rather different outcome. We are a top 4 side and the vast majority of teams in the division are going to play that way when visiting any top 4 or top 6 side, it's a fact of life. Our inability to address this and find a way round it has been for me, by far the biggest disappointment in a generally excellent season. It's cost us a top two spot IMO.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:45:14 »

Our inability to get the first goal has been a big problem especially since xmas.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:54:16 »

at the start of the season I would have taken midtable, strange however that being in the playoffs feels to me like the season is over.

I come from a land down-under
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:58:51 »

Great day out yesterday, not even the piss poor performance could take the shine off sharing a table with the legend that is Fjortoft. I'm usually pretty relaxed when meeting footballers, but Fjortoft!? The guy was a hero of mine and it was great to find out he's a really nice guy, as well as being a fantastic footballer.

It's All Good..............
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:00:43 »

What did Jan think of Jaybox's flag?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:05:32 »

I'm pretty sure Orient would have set out to 'do a job' on MK yesterday and yet that game had a rather different outcome. We are a top 4 side and the vast majority of teams in the division are going to play that way when visiting any top 4 or top 6 side, it's a fact of life. Our inability to address this and find a way round it has been for me, by far the biggest disappointment in a generally excellent season. It's cost us a top two spot IMO.
Absolute spot on.

I know many quote Cooper has no plan B but as you said OST teams will come to the CG and park the bus particularly those at the bottom of the league. Identical approach from Yeovil yesterday to Crawley and both the same outcome.
I noticed so many times that Rodgers for example and don't just want to single him out got the ball and automatically looked behind him to find a backwards pass.
Yesterday was crying out for width, small triangles in the corners to allow crosses to the near post.
Instead we tried a few times to beat the defender and every time we came back inside when they banked up on Byrne and Gladwin.
Like Crawley they put two lines of 4 inside their own half and simply let as pass, pass and pass without concern until we got in the danger area. Infact we looked more dangerous when they had the ball as they were not comfortable passing it around.
For far too long yesterday the ball was not in the danger area and their keeper had little to do.
We need to shoot more, but hit the target. Bristol City a prime example.
Due to our fixed style we look better away from home when we are given space to attack in.
Hope Cooper learns from that yesterday and when we are face with a similar game plan, like we will we comfortably beat a real poor team.
As you said MKD v Orient that is how it is done.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:06:30 »

To be honest I never got a chance to ask him. We had lunch before the game, when he just chatted and introduced us to his dad and mates, but at halftime he was being interviewed. I saw him briefly after the game but just to say goodbye. I think Ralph stayed on, so he may know.

It's All Good..............
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 09:06:43 »

Great day out yesterday, not even the piss poor performance could take the shine off sharing a table with the legend that is Fjortoft. I'm usually pretty relaxed when meeting footballers, but Fjortoft!? The guy was a hero of mine and it was great to find out he's a really nice guy, as well as being a fantastic footballer.

Nice one. At least this eased the pain on such a bad performance.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: