Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Yeovil Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28099 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #165 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:15:07 »

I originally read that as JAF fighting with 2 old bastards, phew, clearer now.

What do you mean by 'phew'? JAF fighting with 2 old bastards would have been fantastic.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:15:09 »

Do our players prefer playing away than at home as it's less pressure? Do fans get on players backs a little too easily?

Genuine question.
Teams at home usually try and win. When they come here they quite often defend deep and attacking less, leaving less space for us to play through them.

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:19:32 »

I know I wasn't there and all that but I've a suggestion.....

Perhaps, maybe, Yeovil under a new manager and with no pressure on them did a number on us? Maybe we weren't that bad, rather they just did a good job and made us look bad? It does happen.

Today they were just shit. Yeovil were there for the taking.   We were too shit to do so. Its on match days like this you should be glad to be so far away. All our decent home games were before x mas. Most since have been crap. Good crap if we win bad crap if we lose and days like today really bad crap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:21:13 »

I originally read that as JAF fighting with 2 old bastards, phew, clearer now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11527191/Old-men-behaving-badly-club-chairman-warns-of-gangs-of-hooligan-grandads-terrorising-football.html

Saggy rather than firm....or in the imagined case of JAF...the SAGA saga
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:26:11 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:21:38 »

Very frustrating today. We are just too bloody slow. The times when the crowd get excited and actually make a bit of noise are when players are running at the opposition, this doesn't happen nearly enough. We are always looking to pass, but in this league, if you run at players they back off, how many times have we screamed at Swindon players to go to an opposition player this season when they've been running at us. We find ourselves in so much space but the first thing our players do is stop, look around and pass, I'd rather see someone run with the ball into that space and attack with pace rather than spend a couple of minutes stringing together little passes going nowhere and then just giving the ball away to the opposition having achieved absolutely nothing. Possession is  pointless unless there is an end product to it.

Reminds me of a text into Radio Wiltshire last season saying 'if plan A doesn't work, try plan A again.' We just don't change our play and I'd really just like to watch us run at teams, at least then if nothing else we get some entertainment. This style of play is effective, when we can penetrate teams with our smart passes and movement, but when we can't it becomes very very boring and people are just waiting for us to go nowhere and either pass back or lose the ball. We have strikers that will eat up crosses from the byline or quick balls into feet whilst they're running at defenders, but these are not happening nearly enough.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:40:48 »

Luongos playing with an injury anyway i think
Seems like Wes was as well.  I assume it got mentioned on commentary, as JJ posted about him possibly not coming out second half?

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 20:50:57 »

Seems like Wes was as well.  I assume it got mentioned on commentary, as JJ posted about him possibly not coming out second half?

Last week, and at Spotland, Wes hurt his left leg (knee?)...he seemed to be able to run it off.  But given today, I'd be resting Wes on Tuesday, he's far too valuable to us and we need him fit in the playoffs.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 21:15:40 »

I'm not taking this one very well. It's a while since the family's been forced to join the suffering.

But Yeovil. Fucking Yeovil.  Crash

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 21:19:10 »

Today, my family and I were sitting in the DRS in seats I142-44.  We normally sit in the same row nearer to the Town End.  All through the entire game, the blokes in front, to the left and behind us did nothing but MOAN very loudly.  The chap in front in particular has an extremely loud voice and I've no doubt that the players heard him, if not the others.  I appreciate that, having paid for their tickets, everyone is entitled to their opinion and that today's game was frustrating but how does moaning, groaning, heckling and shouting abuse at the players actually help anything?   They even moaned when we were given a dubious free kick in time added on... "Well, that definitely wasn't a free kick", "We shouldn't have been given that", etc.  We've reached our best league position for 15 years and we've qualified for the play-offs, for goodness sake.  DO try to be a bit more positive!  I'm so glad I don't normally sit there because I'd end up throttling someone with their own scarf!  Back to our usual seats on Tuesday night, thank goodness!
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 21:26:53 »

Cunt fanny shit fuck.

We are not going up.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 21:29:33 »

So did you say anything to them or just do that British thing and tut under your breath? Expressing yourself can be very cathartic.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
woolster

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 21:32:14 »

Today, my family and I were sitting in the DRS in seats I142-44.  We normally sit in the same row nearer to the Town End.  All through the entire game, the blokes in front, to the left and behind us did nothing but MOAN very loudly.  The chap in front in particular has an extremely loud voice and I've no doubt that the players heard him, if not the others.  I appreciate that, having paid for their tickets, everyone is entitled to their opinion and that today's game was frustrating but how does moaning, groaning, heckling and shouting abuse at the players actually help anything?   They even moaned when we were given a dubious free kick in time added on... "Well, that definitely wasn't a free kick", "We shouldn't have been given that", etc.  We've reached our best league position for 15 years and we've qualified for the play-offs, for goodness sake.  DO try to be a bit more positive!  I'm so glad I don't normally sit there because I'd end up throttling someone with their own scarf!  Back to our usual seats on Tuesday night, thank goodness!
was this if we won today?? just asking Girl Giggle
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 21:35:17 »

That was just crap.
No cutting edge against a team that were poor.
Would have been more effective giving the ball to them as they would have given it back to us instead of going sideways and backwards when void of ideas.
Gladwin whilst not having the best of games at least opened up their defence.
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 21:49:32 »

I did mention the moaning to them when we were leaving the ground.  The offenders didn't seem to think there was anything with it though.  I'm sure they'll be doing the same on Tuesday but, fortunately, they'll be out of my earshot.  I hate whingers!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 22:21:45 »

I did mention the moaning to them when we were leaving the ground.  The offenders didn't seem to think there was anything with it though.  I'm sure they'll be doing the same on Tuesday but, fortunately, they'll be out of my earshot.  I hate whingers!

This I totally agree with.
Some of our fans are complete twats who don't realise the negative effect Directly has on the players
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: