Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 55888 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 13:35:51 »

Totally agree. He gets slated constantly where I sit, and whilst he does frustrate me when he slows the play down when he doesn't need to, his talent is obvious. If we stay in League One he will be a huge player for us next year.
I think he gets slated a lot when he plays wide left, out of position, because he has to bring it back onto his right foot to deliver a cross, its obviously not his best position whereas last night he was playing exactly where he is best, running through the middle with the ball.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 13:41:37 »

Totally agree. He gets slated constantly where I sit, and whilst he does frustrate me when he slows the play down when he doesn't need to, his talent is obvious. If we stay in League One he will be a huge player for us next year.
I rate him. He should still have a lot of improvement in him yet too. Who knows how good he could become?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 14:23:01 »

He gets slated because of the Waddle comparison. Some people perceive it to be slowness or lack of effort.  N Thompson expressed it well last night comparing him to a Rolls Royce, which suggests the team know how good he is, but that description is also good because it distinguishes him against a more busy style player.  He plays with a bit of pomp, and that will mean he will sometimes miss quick breaks or try a little too much with the ball at foot.  You can't drill that out of him because it's the by product of his style of play and you just have to accept it because he's good enough in every other aspect.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 14:35:30 »

They have an away end that has about 3k in it, right? I haven't got my ticket yet, but I'm tempted to get one this week.

The away stand holds 6000, usually they give up to 3000 tho unless its a massive following.
Unless we win the next 2 and they wobble I can't see us selling the 1700 we have.
Long schlep for a meaningless fixture
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 15:44:53 »

Have been thinking about recent precedents up here for crunch games in division 3 and our away following: the best I can come up with is Leeds at Elland Rd in April 2010 when we won & went 2nd. We took 1,700 but not sure we sold out our full allocation that day. Looking at the table, IF we keep winning, we would go to Deepdale with a chance of drawing level with Preston, in which case reckon we'd sell out our initial allocation and maybe take a few hundred more if they let us have the tickets. Otherwise we'll take sub 1,000. Win our next three and tickets for Col U......going to stop dreaming right now. Anyway I've got tickets for both.
kerry red

« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 15:49:39 »

If people are waiting to see if we beat Walsall they are leaving it a bit late.

Just need Preston to drop points Friday.

Just out of interest, what would be the allocation at Colchester
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 15:56:47 »

If people are waiting to see if we beat Walsall they are leaving it a bit late.

Just need Preston to drop points Friday.

Just out of interest, what would be the allocation at Colchester

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/colchester-united-fc.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-fans

Should be given around 1,000. But they do have the option of 2,000...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 15:57:03 »

Have been thinking about recent precedents up here for crunch games in division 3 and our away following: the best I can come up with is Leeds at Elland Rd in April 2010 when we won & went 2nd. We took 1,700 but not sure we sold out our full allocation that day. Looking at the table, IF we keep winning, we would go to Deepdale with a chance of drawing level with Preston, in which case reckon we'd sell out our initial allocation and maybe take a few hundred more if they let us have the tickets. Otherwise we'll take sub 1,000. Win our next three and tickets for Col U......going to stop dreaming right now. Anyway I've got tickets for both.

We sold that out. Great away day that!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 15:57:10 »

He gets slated because of the Waddle comparison. Some people perceive it to be slowness or lack of effort.  N Thompson expressed it well last night comparing him to a Rolls Royce, which suggests the team know how good he is, but that description is also good because it distinguishes him against a more busy style player.  He plays with a bit of pomp, and that will mean he will sometimes miss quick breaks or try a little too much with the ball at foot.  You can't drill that out of him because it's the by product of his style of play and you just have to accept it because he's good enough in every other aspect.

I would describe his as being languid, it doesn't help that he is a fairly big lad and thus seems to stroll around the pitch.

I had a recollection that he was stated to be a defender when we signed him, however even at that stage the BBC seemed a little confused... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25068506
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:10:48 »

I have a sneaky suspicion Gladwin may well be on the radars of several larger clubs. We'll do well to keep him beyond next season I reckon.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:14:43 »

We know he is, Wolves were after him in Jan.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:15:23 »

We sold that out. Great away day that!

I stand corrected; anyway that was the best away day of the lot for me - still have visions of Austin scoring and running to our corner with his shirt over his head whilst the rest of the ground emptied.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:18:56 »

We know he is, Wolves were after him in Jan.

Well yes, but I'm thinking larger. He's always done well when we've played on the tellybox so it wouldn't surprise me if a Premiership team went in for him.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:20:16 »

I would describe his as being languid, it doesn't help that he is a fairly big lad and thus seems to stroll around the pitch.

I had a recollection that he was stated to be a defender when we signed him, however even at that stage the BBC seemed a little confused... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25068506

As IPR is a hot topic. I claim languid from the posh match thread. You can send a cheque or cash, I'm easy Wink
adje

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 16:29:24 »

Just got back to the hotel we were absolutely superb tonight taking the piss for long periods . Should have scored more and Hylton should have had a penalty but got booked it looked a bolt on penno, gladwin was unplayable tonight given the freedom of the midfield. Anyone who says luongo does not care is either blind or mad he was back to his best . Play like that then we can win the playoffs

maybe luongo has taken the criticism on board,glad he was back to his best last night

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: