Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - 3rd or 4th  (Read 50474 times)
Combe Down

« Reply #120 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 19:26:50 »

When I was at (infants) school in the 1950s we divided into Boat Race team supporters. I chose Oxford and still slightly prefer it when Oxford win. Sorry...

Some toffs from Cambridge just beat some toffs from Oxford in the final of University Challenge 255-105   Get in there!  Clap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 19:30:26 »

If we are happy to stay in division 3 we may as well be Crewe, and then what's the point of it all.

That'll be the Crewe who've had 6 seasons in the second tier since we were last there, and have a level 2 Academy compared to our level 3.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 20:53:13 »

Reg is only talking about next season because we're doing well this season anyway.
Isn't it time to call a halt on optimistic posters like Reg with their big club fancy talk....who says there will be a "next season".  I've always looked on fulfilling a fixture list as an achievement in its own right.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 20:58:40 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
If we are happy to stay in division 3 we may as well be Crewe, and then what's the point of it all.
That'll be the Crewe who've had 6 seasons in the second tier since we were last there, and have a level 2 Academy compared to our level 3.

I don't care about the academy level, but 6 years in the championship, really. well that backfired badly.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 06:17:40 »

The assumption that some of these players may stay if we go up, is really based on nothing more than guesswork especially the loan boys.....

You are the one saying they are 'definitely gone' Reg, that is guess work. I'm just saying it's not necessarily the case. You are just coming up with the bleakest scenario and presenting it as 'fact!' - not like you at all  Roll Eyes

I would prefer a situation whereby we use this season's success, to maybe acquire a few more of our own players, like Gladwin, Branco, Kasim style, with small investments, like Luongo, Smith, Byrne and build a side that could go up and stay together for at least a first season at a higher level...
....not an easy thing to do at our present level, easier to do than in the Championship.

You see, I would say the opposite is true. There is more chance of investing in our own players if we are in the Championship with way more money coming in, than if we are in the league below.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 08:30:45 »

You are the one saying they are 'definitely gone' Reg, that is guess work. I'm just saying it's not necessarily the case. You are just coming up with the bleakest scenario and presenting it as 'fact!' - not like you at all  Roll Eyes

You see, I would say the opposite is true. There is more chance of investing in our own players if we are in the Championship with way more money coming in, than if we are in the league below.

None of them are contracted for next season, or have stated openly they're looking elsewhere, not so much guesswork, but a thought based on normal practice.....further Power has stated he's confident of being able to rebuild in either Div, basing the side on what we have left.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:33:11 »

Some toffs from Cambridge just beat some toffs from Oxford in the final of University Challenge 255-105   Get in there!  Clap

didnt just beat ' em,fucking destroyed  'em!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:49:52 »

Reg is like an old dog who hasn't even got the ability to drag his tired old arse outside for a shit but just craps all over himself instead, but then pretends he didn't see it coming.

Probably should have been put down years ago...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 16:57:57 »

Although it is just guess work, it's not outrageous to assume that Town will lose all the 'hits' this summer.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:43:32 »

The whole do we/don't we want to go up argument is spurious any way, given that we can't control what happens. We'll go up or we won't. If you could guarantee that next season we would have a better squad, more geared up to surviving in the Championship then you may well say, "I think we'll wait another year".

Meanwhile, back in the real world, this is probably our best chance of promotion to the second tier of football in a long, long time and this chance may not come around for another 20 years if at all, as far as any of us know. I happen to think we are as ready for it now as we ever will be and I sincerely hope the players grab the chance with both hands and we can all celebrate long and hard.

Then, when the fixtures come out we can all start fretting about how hard it will be to stay up. But that's for another day.

God I hope we go up SO much.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:45:13 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 00:56:01 »

I have just booked a hotel room at the Chesterfield Travelodge for £45 with free cancellation up to the day and one at Sheffield Premier Inn for the same price with the same cancellation deal...

I'd recommend getting on that Wink

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 06:05:19 »

I have just booked a hotel room at the Chesterfield Travelodge for £45 with free cancellation up to the day and one at Sheffield Premier Inn for the same price with the same cancellation deal...

I'd recommend getting on that Wink

They're only 10 minutes drive apart, so either hotel would do! :-)

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 06:08:33 »

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves,  IF we got to Wembley AND Sheffield United got there, too AND we lost the coin toss... would we end up playing in purple?
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 06:41:46 »

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves,  IF we got to Wembley AND Sheffield United got there, too AND we lost the coin toss... would we end up playing in purple?

It matters not. The purple curse was banished at Doncaster.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 07:06:34 »

It matters not. The purple curse was banished at Doncaster.
I'm pretty sure that IF that set of circumstances played out though, they would come out with a brand new kit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: