Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - 3rd or 4th  (Read 50490 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:26:25 »

The more I think about, the more I think we don't really want to be going up.....either way, next season we're going to need to rebuild the squad....certainly gone....Wes, Stephens, Turnbull, Toffolo, Mass, Swift,  Louis T, Williams, Bartram, Barker, Agombar  Crying

Possibly remaining....T Belford, Nathan T, Byrne, Branco Rodgers, Gladwin, Kasim, Smith, Obika, Hylton and some kids

Hopefully we can get a very good price for Mass, and so have maybe £300 K or so to buy a couple of promising 150K type players....throw in some loans from Villa etc and we start again.  Seems to me that it's a difficult thing to do, which will be made easier by being in Div 3.

It's a shame, but to take on Championship football, you need to be geared up for it and we're not.

Branco Rodgers sounds like a cowboy have you merged them into a single player!

Ultimately everything will depend on where we land come the end of May, no doubt all of your 'certainly gone' players probably will be if we don't get promoted - although hasn't Toffolo made certain hints of wanting to stay?

Our model by its very nature is going to be characterised by a regular churn of players so we should get used to this.

Incidentally if we are in division 3 now we will be in division 2 if we get promoted.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:33:38 »

What was your opinion when we got to the prem then Reg? 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 13:01:21 »

Reg condemned us to relegation this season... and the season before. And condemned us to the scrap heap when jed came in. It's safe to assume he'll be wrong.

We'll be rebuilding whichever league we're in, I'd rather be doing it a league higher where we can attract better players.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:16:30 »

Reg condemned us to relegation this season... and the season before. And condemned us to the scrap heap when jed came in. It's safe to assume he'll be wrong.

We'll be rebuilding whichever league we're in, I'd rather be doing it a league higher where we can attract better players.

This season I said we could be OK, what with some players like Byrne, Luongo having played full seasons, and so hopefully would develop and others like Gladwin and Branco, having got a foot in door and shown to be up to it...along with Louis showing what a good player he was. The season before when we started to struggle a bit after Christmas, I said we'd need to improve to avoid the sort of scenario Notts County are having....and we did.  Flagging up a possibility is not the same as condemning...

...as regards Jed, I make no apologies for raising doubts about his motives from day 1, unlike a number on here who hung on his every twitter spelling mistake, like he was some sort of Pied Piper.

We'll be rebuilding whichever league we're in, I'd rather be doing it a league higher where we can attract better players

Fair enough, I'd rather be doing it inn a league where the standard is a bit lower...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:19:08 »

Fair enough, I'd rather be doing it inn a league where the standard is a bit lower...

Pub league Reg?  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:19:37 »

What was your opinion when we got to the prem then Reg? 

We had a Div 2 team, playing in a Div 3 ground, with a Div 4 set up, playing in the top flight.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:20:30 »

We had a Div 2 team, playing in a Div 3 ground, with a Div 4 set up, playing in the top flight.

Them were the days.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:31:23 »

What an incredibly daft statement.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:34:25 »

Them were the days.

We always seem to get things just a bit wrong timing wise....so for example had we rightfully gone up in 90, then with the brand of football and players we had and the relative state of the top flight then, then there was every reason to think we could have held on for a while, and at a time when plenty of money was swilling around for new grounds/new stands etc. who knows, how we'd have done when the Prem came along.

Similarly, if Wilson had taken us up the the Championship, with Black's money still around, players like Ritchie, Austin, Sean Morrison, etc maybe even Greer could have made DV happy and stayed.

Another classic, finishing 4th bottom in the Championship the season 4 go down to adjust the numbers....finishing 5th 78/79, just before 3 points for a win would have seen us 3rd and in an automatic spot.

No, just to annoy Batch, we've had a good season and if we don't go up, I won't be too bothered...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:47:52 »

What an incredibly daft statement.

No it's my opinion...the fact that it is not shared by you doesn't make it "daft" any more so than you believing we'd simply attract better players is "daft".   It's your opinion.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:28:02 »

It's my opinion that your opinion is daft. A fan not wanting his team to play at the highest level possible is daft. A person who spends his entire life as a defeatist is daft
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #101 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:34:40 »

It's my opinion that your opinion is daft. A fan not wanting his team to play at the highest level possible is daft. A person who spends his entire life as a defeatist is daft
I do agree fully, pretty much every fan I have ever known wants his team to play at the highest level for as long as possible, I know I do.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:13:32 »

My opinion is that anyone's opinion of my opinion being daft, is daft... your opinion is your opinion. My opinion is my opinion. Daft or not...

Just my opinion.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:15:13 »

You're all wrong and I'm right. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:18:23 »

You are, of course, welcome to your opinion....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: