Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - 3rd or 4th  (Read 50503 times)
kerry red

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:15:03 »

Then, of course, there a myriad of clubs I heartily dislike for one reason or another.

Watford, for example. Maybe the last time we played them.  FA Cup at Vicarage Road, and we were in a stand with Twatford fans above.

The dirty bastards gobbed on us the whole game.

I also dislike, probably without exception, any Midlands team.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:31:09 »

Here are a few pointers to help you out with your seething, raging hatred. If you are unlucky enough to own any of the following, make sure you burn the offending item immediately or at the very least, smash them into small pieces. Although if you do happen to own any of these I don't really know how you can call yourself a Town fan...

Happy hating Cool

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 19:43:42 »

Now my son is late 20's and I think we've played 4 league games v them in his time of proper support, because we've usually been in a higher league, so he doesn't feel anything much about them.

Ooh does he post on here? Can we guess who it is? Is he half-eastern-European? Is it Chubbs? Or Dossy? Or whatsisname from Bosnia who seems to have disappeared?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 21:10:17 »

Here are a few pointers to help you out with your seething, raging hatred. If you are unlucky enough to own any of the following, make sure you burn the offending item immediately or at the very least, smash them into small pieces. Although if you do happen to own any of these I don't really know how you can call yourself a Town fan...

Happy hating Cool

Come on Mods, remove this now!

There's a handheld LIBS for alloy i.d. from Poxford International in YELLOW Bad Mood
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 21:33:31 »

Then, of course, there a myriad of clubs I heartily dislike for one reason or another.

Watford, for example. Maybe the last time we played them.  FA Cup at Vicarage Road, and we were in a stand with Twatford fans above.

The dirty bastards gobbed on us the whole game.

I also dislike, probably without exception, any Midlands team.

My hates.

Luton. Cheated us out of the Simod cup

Wolves. cheated us out of the 80  LC final.

West Ham Cheated us out of the Fa cup (late 70's)

QPR, gobbed on us from the upper tier.

Pox, beat up my mate when we were teenagers.

Brizzle rovers. Bricked us at Eastfield

Southend. Bunch of cocks fanwise, and have a fake drum over the tannoy.

Reading. Plastic fuckwits.

Manu Chelsea, Liverpool. Just lame arses.

Millwall, racist horrible pricks

Sure I missed a few, but I hate all of those lot for starters for varying reasons.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:25:09 »

We all have personal hates, both the obvious geographic ones and, as Sutton demonstrates above, esoteric individual ones*.

I'd like think that dislike of the Franchise transcends that, and all fans  of all other clubs are opposed to them on principle.

Certainly social media after they beat Man U suggested they are still disliked with a passion by many, I don't think they are the pariahs they once were. Unfortunately. It's a shame because the more they are accepted, the more likely it is to be allowed to happen again.

*My current list, aside from the obvious

Leeds - Lived there and saw first hand what awful fans they have
Millwall - What Sutton said
Charlton - It's less publicized, but they are basically as bad as Millwall
Bolton - John McGinley
Bournemouth - Constant media rimming of Eddie Howe that never mentions the Russian millions
Rotherham - Steve Evans took my previous hate for Crawley with him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:29:55 »

I think a lot of people are overestimating the anti franchise feeling. Most people don't give a fuck about how they came in existence.

Bristol City fans cheered when they heard they were winning on Tuesday, as it impedes us.

Personally... I don't care. You can't take anything into account in the playoffs, it's a total gamble. IF we play to our potential we will beat most teams. I don't want to face MK at any time, they have outdone us twice pretty comfortably.
kerry red

« Reply #82 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:55:37 »

If we do go up that's another 2 tasty games to look forward to.

They've gone from being a pimple on me nose to a gigantic boil on me arse!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 11:40:38 »

If we do go up that's another 2 tasty games to look forward to.

They've gone from being a pimple on me nose to a gigantic boil on me arse!

The more I think about, the more I think we don't really want to be going up.....either way, next season we're going to need to rebuild the squad....certainly gone....Wes, Stephens, Turnbull, Toffolo, Mass, Swift,  Louis T, Williams, Bartram, Barker, Agombar  Crying

Possibly remaining....T Belford, Nathan T, Byrne, Branco Rodgers, Gladwin, Kasim, Smith, Obika, Hylton and some kids

Hopefully we can get a very good price for Mass, and so have maybe £300 K or so to buy a couple of promising 150K type players....throw in some loans from Villa etc and we start again.  Seems to me that it's a difficult thing to do, which will be made easier by being in Div 3.

It's a shame, but to take on Championship football, you need to be geared up for it and we're not.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 11:56:21 »

The more I think about, the more I think we don't really want to be going up.....either way, next season we're going to need to rebuild the squad....certainly gone....Wes, Stephens, Turnbull, Toffolo, Mass, Swift,  Louis T, Williams, Bartram, Barker, Agombar  Crying

Possibly remaining....T Belford, Nathan T, Byrne, Branco Rodgers, Gladwin, Kasim, Smith, Obika, Hylton and some kids

Hopefully we can get a very good price for Mass, and so have maybe £300 K or so to buy a couple of promising 150K type players....throw in some loans from Villa etc and we start again.  Seems to me that it's a difficult thing to do, which will be made easier by being in Div 3.

It's a shame, but to take on Championship football, you need to be geared up for it and we're not.

I feel like this is a fishing super-negative post... Wink But I'll bite and offer an optimistic response...

If we get promoted I don't think Wes will leave. He's said before he wants to be in the Championship and he mentioned he hopes its with Swindon.

Stephens & Turnbull's logical next step is Championship football which (if we get promoted) we will be able to offer them.

Swift & Toffolo are quite new additions but as with the Saints' players, their next step is Championship football. So the only reason these guys leave is if we want them to.

If Norwich go up, they might loan Louis back to us for at least half of the season in the Championship to get him back to match-fitness..

Willo is a funny one... look at his overall record with us excluding this season and he'll have to take a pay-cut regardless of where he goes. So he could very easily take a cut here and stay (although this won't happen).

Mass is definitely gone regardless though, you're right.

Barker & Agombar... I'm sure we'll live. But you also forgot Ricketts. He'll either go on a free as he's getting a bit older now and re-join us or go back to Wolves.

So yeah... CONSECUTIVE PROMOTIONS HERE WE COME!

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Flashheart

« Reply #85 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:04:09 »

I think Power's know-how and contacts will help us to leverage the resources available to us, to build a squad that could give us a good crack at staying up in the Championship. He's already shown that he clearly knows his onions.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:09:48 »

I feel like this is a fishing super-negative post... Wink

Not at all negative....I've consistently backed the approach of the management, for developing young players and the style of football.

I'm happy to see it continue, but feel it will be easier to do in Div 3 than the Championship, which is a different beast to our last time there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:23:28 »

I'll counter that with a fuck off Reg, if we go up, back down and end up back where we started then at least we'll have had a season there. As long as we don't do a Yeovil.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #88 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:23:45 »

TBF to Reg yes its negative and based almost entirely upon us NOT getting promoted this season.

Which if that is the case then I can see most of what Reg says as being right.

But it will be a whole new ball game IF we do gain promotion through the play offs in which case I can see almost all of Reg's predictions being wrong.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:25:28 »

I think Power's know-how and contacts will help us to leverage the resources available to us, to build a squad that could give us a good crack at staying up in the Championship. He's already shown that he clearly knows his onions.

Indeed, even assuming we are still going to be run sustainably, the amount of money coming into the Club will rise dramatically in the Championship, and I'd trust Power to spend it wisely

Plus, we've proven to be a good option for Prem clubs wanting to blood their youngsters in L1, presumably this would continue but with better players if we were a level higher.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: