Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - 3rd or 4th  (Read 50335 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:19:56 »

I hate Oxford & won't give to Oxfam. I'm glad to see they've been run out of town at last http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11882289.End_of_an_era_as_last_Oxfam_shop_in_Swindon_closes/
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:22:01 »

I hate Oxford & won't give to Oxfam. I'm glad to see they've been run out of town at last http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11882289.End_of_an_era_as_last_Oxfam_shop_in_Swindon_closes/

When I was at (infants) school in the 1950s we divided into Boat Race team supporters. I chose Oxford and still slightly prefer it when Oxford win. Sorry...
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:28:50 »

When I was at (infants) school in the 1950s we divided into Boat Race team supporters. I chose Oxford and still slightly prefer it when Oxford win. Sorry...

HEATHEN. Kill it with fire.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:38:27 »

Being the happy go lucky person I am, I have enough hate for both and a bit left over for the Traders. I'm with Audrey, don't go near Pox unless we're playing and then I won't spend any money or talk to any yellow. When I was younger those cunts have tried to remove my head several times not only at Pox games but at England games as well, albeit I may not have been an innocent bystander on some occasions. I hate the yellow piss stains because of who they are. They really are vermin and don't appear to have any issues intimidating women and children a bit like Millwall. But the Scum have a legitimate right to exist.....in our shadow.
The Franchise, however have no reason to exist. What happened brings shame on the game and those who shrug their shoulders or ignore it should feel shame also. What if their club was to be moved miles away and taken over. Just because it wasn't us, doesn't mean we should ignore it. I hate these bastards for who they are.
Saying that, I'm going to be as "shallow" as Banbury as some would have it. I hate the Scummers more. A lot of history with them. 
Combe Down

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:46:04 »

Exactly. Maxwell, Bananagate etc. They are scum.

Save the Children & WaterAid are OK, but run, run, run, run Ox-fam.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 16:58:04 »

Being the happy go lucky person I am, I have enough hate for both and a bit left over for the Traders. I'm with Audrey, don't go near Pox unless we're playing and then I won't spend any money or talk to any yellow. When I was younger those cunts have tried to remove my head several times not only at Pox games but at England games as well, albeit I may not have been an innocent bystander on some occasions. I hate the yellow piss stains because of who they are. They really are vermin and don't appear to have any issues intimidating women and children a bit like Millwall. But the Scum have a legitimate right to exist.....in our shadow.
The Franchise, however have no reason to exist. What happened brings shame on the game and those who shrug their shoulders or ignore it should feel shame also. What if their club was to be moved miles away and taken over. Just because it wasn't us, doesn't mean we should ignore it. I hate these bastards for who they are.
Saying that, I'm going to be as "shallow" as Banbury as some would have it. I hate the Scummers more. A lot of history with them. 

Exactly this. Clearly history plays a massive part as to why I also hate them.
Many encounters in pubs, games, school and would celebrate if they went out of business.
Look first for their results, particularly when struggling.
All through the second half when they were playing Orient my Mate and myself had
radio Oxford plugged in whilst we were Corporate watching Swindon.
When that 3rd goal went in we both got up and received strange looks when dancing around like two lunatics.
You will never get me to change my mind and the only team I HATE.

For the record of course MKD should not exist but they mean nothing to me. Sure their existence is wrong. I would never entertain talking to their fans for the reasons mentioned but they are not Oxford.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:01:25 »

I'm no fan of Oxford United, as a football fan.

But I don't understand why people boycott the city just through a football rivalry. I mean, sure if you have personal issue with select people there then I understand. I have friends who live in Thame (not football fans), we often go to gigs and restaurants there. As a city itself it's alright, it's just another place.

I love it when they lose, though.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:01:45 »

Quite a contrast between what appears to be the majority view on here (re relative disdain for Oxford & MKD) and what would, I believe, be the majority view of Swindon or any other fans for their respective rivals vs MKD.

Not right or wrong, just interesting.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:03:18 »

Don't care.....its a lottery.

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:09:50 »

Quite a contrast between what appears to be the majority view on here (re relative disdain for Oxford & MKD) and what would, I believe, be the majority view of Swindon or any other fans for their respective rivals vs MKD.

Not right or wrong, just interesting.

It this was being discussed the other way around by Pox fans I can assure you all MKD would hardly raise a murmur. We are public enemy number one end of.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:10:05 »

Meanwhile, Bellend's going to be very upset that he tried to gate-crash this thread with his anti-Swindon songs and anti-Swindon ravings, and nobody wants to talk about him at all. Reminds me of this John Hegley poem.

in the playground
the children are playing a game of kiss chase
and one of the children
who seems to want to be chased after
calls out above the screams and laughter
don't chase me!
don't chase me!
and nobody does

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:13:29 »

It this was being discussed the other way around by Pox fans I can assure you all MKD would hardly raise a murmur. We are public enemy number one end of.

To be honest, I don't think it even would among the majority of Swindon fans. Like the TEF herd views on drums, cheese and manatees, I think the debate is pretty much contained within these walls.

Which is why we come to the TEF.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:31:50 »

Meanwhile, Bellend's going to be very upset that he tried to gate-crash this thread with his anti-Swindon songs and anti-Swindon ravings, and nobody wants to talk about him at all. Reminds me of this John Hegley poem.

To be honest, I think John Cooper Clarke had quite a good poem about our bellendious friend...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:49:41 »

To be honest, I don't think it even would among the majority of Swindon fans. Like the TEF herd views on drums, cheese and manatees, I think the debate is pretty much contained within these walls.

Which is why we come to the TEF.
Actually that is not a bad shout. You are probably right when I think of my Mates I go to football with albeit most of the ones who do originate from Oxfordshire and none post on any message boards.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 18:05:02 »

Because Oxford are a relative newcomer their support is defined by an unhealthy obsession with STFC.....let's face it we'd been going for 86 years before we ever played them, hence successive generations of Town fans have developed different views on rivals.  In my case I'd developed a healthy dislike of the Traders, before attending the first ever game v Oxford.

Now my son is late 20's and I think we've played 4 league games v them in his time of proper support, because we've usually been in a higher league, so he doesn't feel anything much about them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: