Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - 3rd or 4th  (Read 50331 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 10:42:04 »

Football changing for the worse when people would prefer MKD to lose rather than the Pox.
Very very sad day in my life as a swindon fan.
No it isn't. It's fans seeing the bigger picture.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 10:42:42 »

Bigger picture?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 10:44:00 »

Bigger picture?
A club stealing another to get itself into league football. A bigger concern for football in general than club rivalry i'd say.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:02:03 »

A club stealing another to get itself into league football. A bigger concern for football in general than club rivalry i'd say.
Spot on
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:04:41 »

Exactly....although I've always been a bit unhappy about how Headington got voted into the league, on the .back of changing their name. Previously there had been a lack of enthusiasm for them gaining a place as they'd achieved little in non league, or the FA Cup. Always seemed a bit Blatteresque to me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:11:20 »

Sorry, I miss-read what Banbury wrote!

Yes I quite agree with you, I fucking hate Oxford, but they do legitimately exist and have earned the right to be brilliant or a steaming pile of shite.  Thankfully Oxford are always shite, so that's helpful.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:38:24 »

Ffs that sums it up.
However you're entitled to your opinion.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:45:00 »

Sorry, I miss-read what Banbury wrote!

Yes I quite agree with you, I fucking hate Oxford, but they do legitimately exist and have earned the right to be brilliant or a steaming pile of shite.  Thankfully Oxford are always shite, so that's helpful.

MKD just don't exist in my mind thus cannot get emotional about them. They just don't register one way or another.
Oxford ? Well let's just beg to differ. The name, the shirt, everything I detest them with a passion.
Maybe that may help to explain.
The day they went into the conference even despite that we got relegated the same day felt like a promotion it really did. I was buzzing for ages.
Never forget meeting some of my mates on Didcot station on the way home after that game, non Oxford supporters. The sheer joy on seeing them out of the FL mass celebration.
Bristol City don't even come close.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:52:27 »

MKD just don't exist in my mind thus cannot get emotional about them. They just don't register one way or another.
Oxford ? Well let's just beg to differ. The name, the shirt, everything I detest them with a passion.
Maybe that may help to explain.
The day they went into the conference even despite that we got relegated the same day felt like a promotion it really did. I was buzzing for ages.
Never forget meeting some of my mates on Didcot station on the way home after that game, non Oxford supporters. The sheer joy on seeing them out of the FL mass celebration.
Bristol City don't even come close.
Hate is a strong word. I dislike Oxford and both Bristol clubs, love beating them and hate losing to them, but I've known and been friendly with people who support all 3 and we've all got something in common.
'Fans' of franchise however, I wouldn't give the time of day to.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:56:44 »

Oxford is jut another football club that happens to be close rivals due to their proximity as with Bristol, reading ect. Their fans happen to support them because they just happen to come from that particular town/city. If I were born in Oxford, for example, then there'd be a good chance that I'd be an Oxford fan and I think the same goes for the majority of others here.

Franchise, however, is another matter entirely.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:59:30 »

3rd or 4th? 2nd is still within reach.

FUCK YEAH!
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:59:55 »

FUCK YEAH!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 12:04:32 »

Ffs that sums it up.

yep I suppose it does. The general well being of football in general and the injustice of what Franchise did is more important than any club rivalry, for me at least.
I don't just want them to lose, I want them to go bust and disappear.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 12:08:30 »

FUCK YEAH!
FUCK YEAH!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 12:09:06 »

I don't just want them to lose, I want them to go bust and disappear.

Yep, same here and I would not wish that upon any other club. Not even the likes of Oxford.

Rivalries are an integral part of football. Abominations such as Franchise are not..... or at least they shouldn't be.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: