Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play offs - 3rd or 4th  (Read 50429 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 11:32:46 »

Can someone remind me of the order of the play-offs
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 11:36:40 »

First you have the Semi Finals, followed by the Final.

I'm here all week....
Panda Paws

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 11:52:10 »

Both first legs on Thursday, May 7. Second leg on Sunday 10th (1215) or Monday, 11th (1945). The second legs are not determined by position so no knowing until the end of the season.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 11:53:49 »

First you have the Semi Finals, followed by the Final.

I'm here all week....

Briliant.. PMSL!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 12:12:22 »

Both first legs on Thursday, May 7. Second leg on Sunday 10th (1215) or Monday, 11th (1945). The second legs are not determined by position so no knowing until the end of the season.

3 v 5 & 4 v 6 ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 12:15:23 »

3 v 5 & 4 v 6 ?
3v6 4v5

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:32:31 »

Not if we beat them 6-0 Reg!
I think the best approach for the team is to consider auto promotion as dead and buried.  I'd hazard a guess that 3rd & 4th place teams generally do better in play offs but that a team heart broken and spent after going all for auto might come unstuck.  I have not checked the stats, but my memory banks of 1993 support this view.
In this league since 1990 and Wembley finals, 3rd and 4th have won 16 out of 25 play offs at 8 each but that's only because 4th placed teams have won 4 in a row. Never has one finishing position won 5 consecutive finals!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 18:52:13 »

I'm being realistic, in the main, that our best prospect of promotion now is via the Play Offs.  But there's also a part of me that keeps repeating that everything that has happened up until now is merely scene-setting for the most incredible last minute surge to automatic promotion we've ever seen.

Unlikely?  Yes.
Plausible?  Definitely.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:35:25 »

Given a choice I would choose MK's position out of the 3 options, but I think that for us its either 2nd or 4th, I think if we can beat Preston (which is a big ask) then we could just sneak it, but I just dont see us getting 3rd, no real reason or logic to it though

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 08:55:46 »

I'm being realistic, in the main, that our best prospect of promotion now is via the Play Offs.  But there's also a part of me that keeps repeating that everything that has happened up until now is merely scene-setting for the most incredible last minute surge to automatic promotion we've ever seen.

Unlikely?  Yes.
Plausible?  Definitely.

I'm with you. In my head I'm certain we're gonna go on a crazy winning run that will see Nathan Thompson score a 30 yarder in the 94th minute against Orient that seals promotion!
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #160 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 21:20:22 »

Pre Easter weekend, I mentioned to my grandad who lives on the outskirts of Colchester that I'd like to watch the game if we had anything to play for as it was our game in hand. He took it to mean that I was going, so I couldn't back out and I bought tickets. Post Easter weekend, it looked a stupid idea and a waste of petrol and money, but now like a few of you I think it might be a pivotal game especially if Preston slip up or we beat them.

It can't happen, can it?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 06:17:38 »

Pre Easter weekend, I mentioned to my grandad who lives on the outskirts of Colchester that I'd like to watch the game if we had anything to play for as it was our game in hand. He took it to mean that I was going, so I couldn't back out and I bought tickets. Post Easter weekend, it looked a stupid idea and a waste of petrol and money, but now like a few of you I think it might be a pivotal game especially if Preston slip up or we beat them.

It can't happen, can it?
I believe it can, yes. But there's the problem. After the MK game I was convinced we couldn't win the play offs, let alone make the autos. Then we win a couple of games (one convincingly) and PNE and MK drop points and I'm back to thinking maybe just maybe...

That's when you normally get the rug pulled from under your feet and we fail to beet Yeovil   Doh

Where does your gramps live out of interest?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #162 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:02:31 »

I believe it can, yes. But there's the problem. After the MK game I was convinced we couldn't win the play offs, let alone make the autos. Then we win a couple of games (one convincingly) and PNE and MK drop points and I'm back to thinking maybe just maybe...

That's when you normally get the rug pulled from under your feet and we fail to beet Yeovil   Doh

Where does your gramps live out of interest?

He lives in a village called Stebbing, it's between Stanstead airport and Braintree.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:04:36 »

He lives in a village called Stebbing, it's between Stanstead airport and Braintree.
Ah yes, I know it (I know where it is any way). I used to live in Braintree, I'm the other side of Colchester now.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #164 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:11:02 »

How bad is the M25/M11 likely to be on a Tuesday afternoon/early evening?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: