Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thead  (Read 38979 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:32:43 »

Few things about this... Massimo actually celebrated. Probably down to everyone being excited for Hylton though. Also, one of the Peterborough players getting a clearance smashed into him when the pen was called.

It's a shame they didnt get all of Hyltons celebration, pure jubilation. Reminds me a bit of Louis's first goal for us against Sheff Utd!
kerry red

« Reply #211 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:37:35 »

Anybody know who the 2 fellas were in the dugout on Saturday?

Both wearing Samsung puffas and before kick off Cooper had a longish talk with them.

Not youngsters by the look of it either
forward

Re:
« Reply #212 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:41:57 »

Willo has always had a habit of getting in a sulk when things aren't going his way. Probably my least favourite thing about him.

Agreed. For most of this season he has been the oldest squad member by a good few years (though, at 28, he should still be at or around his peak), and he's got loads of lower league experience. His status, combined with his evident high wage, should make him a real leader.

Unfortunately not. He's quite the opposite, and it's hardly a surprise that he never gets the armband. In my opinion, if there's anyone in the side who's half-arsed on the basis that they will be off in the summer, it's him.
kerry red

« Reply #213 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 10:47:16 »

You really think there will be a queue for him offering anywhere near the mullah he's on at the moment?

He's a L1 striker. We've already got in his replacement - Hylton.
forward

« Reply #214 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 11:09:51 »

You really think there will be a queue for him offering anywhere near the mullah he's on at the moment?

He's a L1 striker. We've already got in his replacement - Hylton.

Probably not, plus his career history suggests he'll want to stay in the south west or thereabouts.

Not disputing for a moment that Hylton can replace him. The only question is whether we still have both (and hence all 4 current strikers) here in August.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:25:23 »

Power has already said we can't afford Willo on current wages. I'd be surprised if we were still his best offer.

He's clearly a good striker when he's on it. Someone will pick him up.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:30:03 »

Agreed. For most of this season he has been the oldest squad member by a good few years (though, at 28, he should still be at or around his peak), and he's got loads of lower league experience. His status, combined with his evident high wage, should make him a real leader.

Unfortunately not. He's quite the opposite, and it's hardly a surprise that he never gets the armband. In my opinion, if there's anyone in the side who's half-arsed on the basis that they will be off in the summer, it's him.

If you watch the TV highlights its worth keeping an eye on him when he missed the penalty on Saturday, you could see him mentally deflate as soon as it hit the bar and whilst it was pinging about a bit immediately after he just looked uninterested.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #217 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:38:52 »

Power has already said we can't afford Willo on current wages. I'd be surprised if we were still his best offer.

He's clearly a good striker when he's on it. Someone will pick him up.

Back to Bristol Rovers if they gain promotion from the depths of the Conference.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
forward

« Reply #218 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:53:43 »

If you watch the TV highlights its worth keeping an eye on him when he missed the penalty on Saturday, you could see him mentally deflate as soon as it hit the bar and whilst it was pinging about a bit immediately after he just looked uninterested.

Yep, and the response to the other sitter he missed was fairly similar.

I appreciate that he did well from August til mid-January, but, especially when wages are factored in, I think he's generally been a poor signing over these 3 years. The fact that a striker of his size has never scored from a corner or free kick must say something about his interest levels. I won't be sorry to see the back of him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 12:57:11 »

I'm genuinely lost for words.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 13:05:13 »

Yep, and the response to the other sitter he missed was fairly similar.

I appreciate that he did well from August til mid-January, but, especially when wages are factored in, I think he's generally been a poor signing over these 3 years. The fact that a striker of his size has never scored from a corner or free kick must say something about his interest levels. I won't be sorry to see the back of him.

He's the top scorer in the league you daft git. He's not in the class of an Austin or Cox, but a poor signing on a free?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 13:16:59 »

I can't help but think that Williams would be on 30 if he took all his chances. Saying that he's scored some very good goals (Oldham at home, Fleetwood away). He's frustrating.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 13:26:57 »

There has never been a striker in the world who's taken all his chances let alone one playing in the 3rd tier of English football. He's a little out of sorts at the moment but has reached the 20 goal benchmark and had a pretty good season IMO.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:16:18 »

I could say that there are some right tools that post on this forum........
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:18:10 »

I could say that there are some right tools that post on this forum........

Nahhhhhh..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: