Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US Masters  (Read 28366 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 21:23:49 »

but if that kind of thing is unacceptable I'd best know now as I'm unlikely to change the way I am.

The future of the forum isn't very bright if that comment is now deemed as unacceptable and I'd consider myself a happy clapper who gets annoyed by the doom merchants

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 00:03:45 »

This was a pretty shitty thing to read on the day of the defeat, I imagine somebody read it and thought 'fuck off'. I certainly did at the time.

I wouldn't have banned him for it though.
Accepted. You pulled me up on it at the time. I posted all my thoughts quickly and worded it badly. I apologised at the time as it came across wrongly. Why anyone would still take offence after that I don't know? Call me a cunt and have a debate, what the tef has been about for years. Not a ban with that snidey message for when I next went to log in. Childish, excessive and a cop out imo.

Ironically, nobody noticed he was gone for two months.

Sorry to be pedantic but it's a month. 😝 People did notice but contacted me directly. I think the same goes for quite a few others who no longer post on here. Been little- no mention of a few of the old guard.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 00:20:46 by arriba » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 06:10:27 »

Accepted. You pulled me up on it at the time. I posted all my thoughts quickly and worded it badly. I apologised at the time as it came across wrongly. Why anyone would still take offence after that I don't know? Call me a cunt and have a debate, what the tef has been about for years. Not a ban with that snidey message for when I next went to log in. Childish, excessive and a cop out imo.

Sorry to be pedantic but it's a month. 😝 People did notice but contacted me directly. I think the same goes for quite a few others who no longer post on here. Been little- no mention of a few of the old guard.

I'd forgotten all about it until Batch requoted it.

I want Batch banned.

Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 06:33:30 »

me too, he's a cretin that nobody would miss.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 07:48:32 »

That comment from Arriba fucked me off after defeat but not enough to even have an argument, let alone want him banned. Some people take defeat badly, some are more philosophical. It's life.

At the risk of opening myself up to a ban, I'd say whoever banned him should come clean and justify his/her actions.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 08:16:52 »

I was one of the ones who pushed back on Arriba's remark.  Like everyone else I was pissed off at yet another abject Wembley defeat and the last thing I needed was some wanker who didn't go telling those of us who did that we weren't noticed.

It never occurred to me that he should get banned for it at the time, let alone after he put his hands up afterwards.  Bizarre!

The "we never noticed he was gone anyway" post was actually a far more shitty remark but not expecting whoever wrote it to get banned.

I put a lot of effort into this post and endeavoured to phrase it in a thoughtful and courteous manner which recognises and respects fellow posters of all political persuasions and sexual orientations.  If I have caused anyone any offence it was completely inadvertent and I apologise profusely.  Except of course if you have a vowel or a consonant in your name in which case you're a cunt and can fuck off.
kerry red

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 08:19:58 »

The very essence of TEF!

Nice one!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 08:31:04 »

Credit to Arriba for coming back and explaining.

That was badly judged and badly timed but as already said no need for a ban, a knee-capping would've done  Grin.

In my opinion time spent following your team to Wembley is never waste of time.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 08:40:30 »

Is anyone going to own up to it then?
Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 08:52:03 »

In the immortal words of Shaggy - It wasn't me.

I'm just going to sit back, watch the drama, and answer any question put toward me on the matter in advance with 'no comment'.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 08:53:46 »

Is anyone going to own up to it then?

I think we can guess.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:25:38 »

I came on to explain myself and I've done that. Not looking for an explanation or a whodunit as I guessed immediately who banned me. I think they let their negative perception of me dictate their decision and they've not done themself any favours just like I didn't with my thoughtless comment but I'm finding this a bit cringeworthy to be honest. It's ruined a golf thread too 😱😉
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:40:02 »

It's ruined a golf thread too 😱😉

Yeah, but golf's shit anyway...

Fishing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:42:01 »

fishing is even more shit