Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US Masters  (Read 28370 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 14:27:29 »

I don't think even the most immoderate of our mods would ban someone for that. Any of our overlords care to clarify?

I assumed arriba had jacked in after realising most on here are Tories....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 14:27:45 »

well there are always two sides, it may have been done in jest I suppose, or for other reasons. He said it got lifted but he didn't get a response to his asking why and was a bit hacked off hence delayering his account  - a bit of clarification/telling him why would have saved losing a poster.

there is a little bit more but I would rather a mod cleared it up than carry on.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 16:36:24 »

I assumed arriba had jacked in after realising most on here are Tories....

I thought the same! The election result hit him quite hard
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 19:12:13 »

I thought the same! The election result hit him quite hard

Yeah, but not as hard as those on working tax credits, housing benefits, or incapacity benefits.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 19:26:41 »

Oh gosh.  I didn't realise there'd been an incident.  I remember the post did offend some people who had gone to Wembley and he subsequently apologised.  Thought that would have been the end of it  Sad
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 19:36:56 »

Mods being uncharacteristically shy. Closing ranks?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Barry Scott

« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:05:56 »

Mods being uncharacteristically shy. Closing ranks?

Doubt it. I'm not sure what anyone other mod's feelings are, but personally I stopped bothering to justify anything along time ago. We used to ban then they'd be mass outrage. Then we stopped banning and I'd get pms requesting bans, I suspect other mods did too.

It's completely futile trying to justify anything, or discuss it by committee - you simply can't please all the people all the time. Shrug
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:12:37 »

I can see mods are between a rock and a hard place, it would be good to confirm the post I quoted wasn't the reason for the ban though. We are talking about an established member here, not a Mickey Hazard WUM..

Or you can approve his pending join request, and we can discuss it like adults with words from the horses mouth.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:14:17 by Batch » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:15:30 »

I can see mods are between a rock and a hard place, it would be good to confirm the post I quoted wasn't the reason for the ban though. We are talking about an established member here, not a Mickey Hazard..

Quite. Mods do as they like, but the TEF could do without losing regular posters if it was over some pointless ban.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:40:50 »

Hi. As I've had some messages and have seen the discussion on here I thought I'd better give my perception of it.

The day after the play off final I tried to log in and was greeted by this message.

"Sorry arriba, you are banned from using this forum!
We won't notice you now either. Come back when you're less of a cretin"

From that I concluded that I had been given this ban due to the comment batch quoted earlier.
I had no warning, bust up, row, anything with any moderator. There has been no correspondence from any of them since. No explanation or anything.
The offending post was misconstrued and I accepted at the time that I understood how it could appear and apologised.
I didn't mean to insult or offend our fans who went.

I think a moderator was offended by my comment and banned me for it. I can't think of another reason.

After a week the ban was lifted but I had already chosen to remove my account.
I have posted on this forum for nearly 10 years and I wasn't going to give the moderator concerned the opportunity to ban me on a whim over fuck all again. The naughty step isn't for me I'm afraid.
When you have moderators telling fans to fuck off who wish us well and the general levels of abuse that are the norm I don't understand how my comments justified banning. I won't tell people how to moderate a site but it's not for me anymore like this.

I've typed this quickly and I have to drive now so hope it makes sense. all the best
« Last Edit: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:43:07 by arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:52:39 »

As I said, it would be good to get a bit of clarification, even if its directly to Arriba with a "not it wasn't that" for the rest of us.

I know I'm a glass half empty kind of guy, I know that annoys several people, but if that kind of thing is unacceptable I'd best know now as I'm unlikely to change the way I am.

I assume its not the case, else I'd have been banned long ago.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 20:55:05 »

For those who went,we never noticed you. Wasted your time and money.

This was a pretty shitty thing to read on the day of the defeat, I imagine somebody read it and thought 'fuck off'. I certainly did at the time.

I wouldn't have banned him for it though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 21:02:47 »

This was a pretty shitty thing to read on the day of the defeat, I imagine somebody read it and thought 'fuck off'. I certainly did at the time.

I wouldn't have banned him for it though.

Ironically, nobody noticed he was gone for two months.

I don't generally like banning people, but I can see why someone might have in the heat of the moment reading that. That said, I wish long term posters would stop deleting their accounts as it's starting to make my post count and time spent online look a bit sadder than I'm okay with.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 21:11:02 »

That said, I wish long term posters would stop deleting their accounts as it's starting to make my post count and time spent online look a bit sadder than I'm okay with.

Why do you think Pullen keeps deleting his? Wink
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 21:14:50 »

Why do you think Pullen keeps deleting his? Wink

Hey! I did it once and that was four years ago.

1. Because I had a big gig and was locking down on procrastination (which worked, I nailed that gig)
2. Because then I could then return and nobody know who I was (like normal internet accounts)

The latter was a spectacular failure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: