Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Personal encounters with Town players, past and present.  (Read 14481 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 19:48:01 »

White and Rowland

/
W56196272
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 20:10:21 »

Don Rogers served me in the club shop, John Gorman signed a book for me (nice guy). Went to a party in Gloucester about 22 years ago. The house we crashed at was owned by a former town player, he was there. Dave something?  He was in his 40's then, so probably played in the late 70's or early 80's

If he walked sideways,with his elbows in the air  . . . . Dave Syrett 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 20:22:13 »

White and Rowland

Andy Rowland looks the spitting image of John Trollope  Smiley
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 20:26:09 »

ha ha how embarrassing..

/
W56196272
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 21:28:37 »

That was a cracking day Yeovil, remember when we used to have fun.....
SuperBosnian

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 21:58:24 »

Jerel Ifil in TK Maxx about a year ago. He walked in and only had a look at one shirt. He went to put it back on the rack but cocked it up and dropped it on the floor. He then turned and walked straight back out, he'd been in there for maybe 20 seconds.  
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 07:07:52 »

A mate and I shared a sauna with several players during the first pre-season trip to Finland, including Fjortoft who was mega keen to ramp up the heat. I wore Shaun Taylor's Town top for a 'beach' volleyball game and got laughed at a lot by John Moncur.

Peed next to Mark Walters and Scott Leitch in a club during the second Finland trip. Walters was reluctant to talk shop, but Leitch was more than happy to listen to a couple of pissed Town fans telling him how ace he was.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 07:43:02 »

Bumped into Luongo a couple of months ago and told him I thought he was having a great season and best of luck etc. His Mrs seemed more grateful to hear it.
Met Coops in town had a quick chat, Jerel Ifil was my personal trainer for 3 month, he's fuckin sound.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
REDBUCK

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 07:56:12 »

Can you bump into Mass again and tell him to pull his finger out for the last 10 games of his time here
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 08:11:29 »

When we draw with Walsall on the last day of season in 2007, a Corona holding Sofi Zaaboub walked towards me, in the CG carpark, hugged me while singing 'we are going up' and then signed a 'Keep off the Grass' card.

I didn't ask for the hug.
I didn't ask for an autograph.
We were going up though.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 11:43:47 »

I sold Ossis Ardiles and Chic Bates some folding chairs once. True story.

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 11:46:02 »

I also had a drunken altercation with Neil Ruddock at Hartlepool one season. Luckily for me, he didn't react when I called him a wage stealing cunt (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact words I used as I was very, very drunk at the time).

It's All Good..............
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 12:14:22 »

So many over the years.

Probably the most stand out was speaking to Ossie Ardiles on the phone in the office.
At the time was playing golf with Kingy and Micky Hazzard.

Turned heads when putting him on speaker for a few seconds saying it was a World Cup winning captain.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 11:07:41 »

Bumped into Frank Burrows in a Floridian airport. Me wearing a Town shirt. I was dumb struck as I was only 14 when I stood in the Town End watching him. Couldn't find the words to talk to him, I felt like a pranny.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 11:15:31 »

Anyone go to the pre season friendly at Wycombe just prior to our Premiership (I think) season?

I was the copper in the control booth wearing his Swindon Town scarf.

Rank having it's privileges and all that, I managed to sneak into the dressing room prior to the game to say hello and met the team Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: