Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Personal encounters with Town players, past and present.  (Read 14494 times)
Amir

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:03:27 »

No mention of the coke and E's though, but then he may not have noticed.

Or maybe he thinks they're good for you.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:05:27 »

I once saw Chris Blackburn piss in a plant pot opposite Faringdon Road Park.
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:05:47 »

Or maybe he thinks they're good for you.

Fair call.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:09:31 »

My most recent encounter was on the Speed Awareness course I attended 15 months ago.  (Caught doing 35 mph in a 30 mph limit, if you’re interested.)  Even though the course was some way outside of Swindon, I found myself on the same table as a well known ex-player - who turned out to be a complete gent and more than happy to talk about his time with the Club.

Unfortunately (& for obvious reasons), I’m not able to identify the player concerned.  Sorry.   Wink
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:29:08 »

Went to school with Ian Herring
Also went on a few benders with Jakub Jesionkowski
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:33:15 »

I bumped into Paul Bodin and the youth team in London about 8 or 9 years ago.  They were playing at Orient away and having a mid afternoon stroll along the embankment.  An utter, utter gent.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:33:38 »

Used to have the odd beer with Leigh Barnard and we got stinking drunk on a Tuesday. He threw up in training the next day and was dropped for Saturday. Played against Chris Guthrie who was nails. Also played against Chris Ogden who was an absolute gent. Came across Alan Mac a few times another absolute gent. Bumped into chalkie in a shop in yate. I was wearing my town top he seemed surprised but I didn't do the embarrassing you're god thing. In hindsight I should have.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 16:48:01 »

No experience here however, I would assume that the town players of olden day were a lot more friendly to speek to in the the street rather than the modern day don't you know who I am. Only an assumption though.
kerry red

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:00:34 »

Can't help but bump into Phil King on a regular basis
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:05:24 »

Dave Syrett lived over the road from me in Warminster 2000 - 2003...

Played against John Kelly in the 90s at Tisbury in Wiltshire. Seem to think that Macari wasn't too keen on him....was bombed out very quick.

Clems Army!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:11:03 »

I once saw Chris Blackburn piss in a plant pot opposite Faringdon Road Park.

Oh my god this brought back so many funny memories! You must of written about it on here and I saw him in the apartments when I was drunk and asked him about it!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:11:45 »

Played against John Kelly in the 90s at Tisbury in Wiltshire. Seem to think that Macari wasn't too keen on him....was bombed out very quick.

Who? So quick I never noticed him and that was when I was watching regularly.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
normy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:19:25 »

I played against Ernie Hunt in a Schools match once, and against Roger Smart and the Town Under-18 team, both times well beaten. I often see Roger around Old Town and we speak.

ust be the oldest
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:20:16 »

Can't help but bump into Phil King on a regular basis

I used to be a regular in the Dolphin when Phil took over. Remember seeing Jimmy Glass in there and Bobby Howe was pretty much a fixture for a while.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:21:50 »

Played in the same county schools team as Dave Syrett,played against Roger Smart for Tisbury when he played for Trowbridge reserves.Gave up my parking space for Sean Morrison once
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 17:24:26 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: